Forums

Topic: What are your religious views?

Posts 201 to 220 of 340

Adam

Don't question my beliefs, Chicken Brutus. The Church of Nessie refutes all such claims.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Slapshot

@Adam....scientist say that the alligator is actually the only remaining dinosaur. I cant source that but I remember hearing/reading that or maybe it was on Planet Earth cant remember. lol

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

theblackdragon

Kizzi wrote:

@theblackdragon: So whoever has power gets to say what is right?

Pretty much. For example, society told us indentured servitude and slavery was just peachy back in the days of America's beginning, but eventually that was ended and now society thinks it [slavery and indentured servitude] was wrong. "Whomever/Whatever group is in power gets to say what is right" is pretty much how a society/how society in general works. That's what I believe, anyway.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Philip_J_Reed

Actually my question was serious. I remember the media making a big deal of figuring out that Nessie was just a wading elephant, but if that's been disproven or discredited since, I had no idea. Genuine curiosity...I promise I'm not trying to rake any muck.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Knux

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

Actually my question was serious. I remember the media making a big deal of figuring out that Nessie was just a wading elephant, but if that's been disproven or discredited since, I had no idea. Genuine curiosity...I promise I'm not trying to rake any muck.

Yeah,no biggie Chicken Brutus. Many people have a lot of theroies about Nessie. An elephant in the water is far-fetched though.

Knux

theblackdragon

i don't think it's been proven or discredited, Chicken Brutus, the theory is just a theory, just like everything else about the Loch Ness Monster. :3

BEST THREAD EVER

Slapshot

@theblackdragon..... Right and Wrong. Either you get it from church, society, should be your parents, however. I think we all know what is right and wrong. If you think its wrong dont do it. We all know the big ones, theft, murder, etc. But some think a beer, movie, games, etc are wrong. Thats between you and whomever I guess. I mean my parents thing that RPG games are sinful and when I was younger wouldn't let me play them. Of course I dont agree but Its one of those things that you cant really put a finger on. From my Christian view its based on a feeling of guilt. If I do something and feel guilty or bad about it to me it was wrong and I shouldn't do it. Simple as that.

Kizzi

@blackdragon: society does make laws, infact the bible says submit to authority. It is the person in powers job to maintain order. But there is a moral code written on every persons heart. That is why you feel bad when you sin. We know right from wrong because gave that ability to us. God is the ultimate authority and through our conscience and the bible we know right from wrong. I respect what you believe, but that is what I believe.

3DS: 4081-5713-4255
wii: 0919 8248 3945 8359
Brawl: 3866 8155 2677
MK: 4167 4898 3288
excite bots: 1848 9258 6300

Slapshot

Aliens....thats another good one. Sorry I had to do it!!!

Adam

@ Sonic
No, this is far fetched:

Untitled

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Kizzi

Hey Adam did look at that website I posted? If so, what did you think?

Adam

Yea, it makes no sense. An autobiographer is not comparable to someone claiming to see visions of an all mighty creator. If you are just going to make up stuff, write it in a book, and then expect everyone to have to believe you because some people read biographies (I don't), then you're crazy (and I don't mean you as in you, but as in the author of that website).

Come on, friends,

Kizzi

Read the rest of it though. I didn't really understand the first part either but the rest has some good points.

theblackdragon

@slapshot82: IIRC, my main point in this part of the discussion was that the bible is not the end-all be-all source of moral values or social law (that there are indeed other sources or ways of learning that hurting other people or stealing from them is wrong and will bring consequences), and not subscribing to any organized religion does not automatically make you a barbarian who will kill without remorse or something. :3

@Kizzi: so long as we're both able to respect what the other believes, we're all good. :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER

Twilight_Crow

Oh, it seems things settle down a little fiu... I was worried for a moment .
I've learned a lot about what you people believe in this threat, I didn't know christians were trying to scientifically prove creation, nor that there was a law that prohibited praying at school, wierd thing.
Hey guys, some of those sites you post were really interesting, but I'm clarifying that I'm not going to discuss about them, thanks.

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

Philip_J_Reed

I worship the wading elephant. You call it Nessie, or Loch Ness. I call it Father, and whether you know it or not, it gave you your moral sense of good and bad.

See you at church! (Bring your wallet.)

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Adam

Kizzi wrote:

Read the rest of it though. I didn't really understand the first part either but the rest has some good points.

I read enough. I'm not going to read every long article you guys link here -- there's no time for it, and none of them are interesting -- especially when each one has already proven not to be credible or even remotely logical in some cases. Once the guy starts comparing a biographer to a prophet, he's lost all reason for anyone to care what he has to say.

It was my mistake to give the impression that I care about this discussion, though, so sorry to waste your time. I just wanted an excuse to make some Xenu jokes and make fun of some bad logic. What you believe is -- and I mean this in the nicest way possible -- completely irrelevant to me. I don't want to change what you think, and I'm not even going to state what I do or don't believe in (except for Xenu and Nessie, of course).

Time to see what I've been missing on the more interesting threads.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Kizzi

Well I'm sorry you feel that way Adam. If you ever want to go back and read that article you will find that the bible is one of the most valid books ever. For all the Christians on this site, I thank God for you. I also thank God for everyone else on this site. You guys are wonderful people! I will conntinue praying for all of you, whether you want it or not. One last thing, just think about where you will be spending eternity.

Edit: back to more video games!

Edited on by Kizzi

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.