Forums

Topic: What are your religious views?

Posts 181 to 200 of 340

Kizzi

@slapshot82: did you read the site I posted about carbon dating? If you haven't, go do it and tell me what you think?
I do not believe dinosaurs were hear before man, but we were here at the same time. look at this site. http://www.genesispark.org/genpark/bible/bible.htm. (tell me what you think)

3DS: 4081-5713-4255
wii: 0919 8248 3945 8359
Brawl: 3866 8155 2677
MK: 4167 4898 3288
excite bots: 1848 9258 6300

Adam

@ Sonic
Haha, did you seriously link us to a page that claims, with no sources whatsoever, that dinosaurs are still being spotted? Not to mention it looks like a twelve-year-old made it for a computer science class.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Kizzi

haha looks like were doing the same think SuperSonic1990

hey Adam, check mine out I personally think most dinosaurs are extict, but I have heard a few accounts of some being spotted. but for the most I think they are mostly extinct

Edited on by Kizzi

theblackdragon

Kizzi wrote:

@theblackdragon: I don't mean to come across like a jerk. I'm sorry. As I stated earlier, this kind of stuff is just really important to me, and I take it very seriously.

and i'm sure everyone else here takes their own beliefs just as seriously. please keep that in mind.

Kizzi wrote:

But to answer your statement in a kind way, how do we still know what right from wrong is? If our sense of right and wrong just evolved, then who is to say Hitler was wrong for doing what he did? His sense of right and wrong may have evolved that way? Who's sense of right and wrong do we follow? I'm really being sincere.

According to how I believe, who says what he did was wrong, you ask? Society has always and will forever determine who or what was right in the end. It is the masses who choose punishment and mete it out accordingly, who shun the unbelievers and praise those who conform admirably, not a higher being.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

SupermarketZombies

Kizzi wrote:

SupermarketZombies wrote:

Carbon dating of certain parts of the world have showed it. If you don't buy into carbon dating thats fine, I don't buy into the bible, but evidence is evidence whether or not its legitimate or not.

look up this site. www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c007.html (this talks about carbon dating)

look up this site. www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c012.html (this talks about evidence for the young earth theory)

I looked back into it and carbon dating isn't used to date the Earth. Uranium and lead both have isotopes that have a half-life of 4.5 million years and they are what was used to date the Earth.

And in response to the History is Too Short portion of that website, an American tribe as recent as the 20th century invented a written system for their language. The article also uses many decade old sources. Science isn't static, discoveries are made and findings are revised and added to. If the article had actually bothered to use current research I might have more faith in it.

Scared of the future, but bored with the past.

Adam

Kizzi wrote:

haha looks like were doing the same think SuperSonic1990

hey Adam, check mine out I personally think most dinosaurs are extict, but I have heard a few accounts of some being spotted. but for the most I think they are mostly extinct

I saw yours. All yours cites is the bible, which is classic fundamentalist circle argument nonsense. The bible is not a science book. You can't cite the very book in question as proof of its validity.

If I suggested you were lying about something, and then you said, "No, I'm not," how would that be helpful? In the same sense, if someone is doubting the bible, you can't use it as proof that it is truth.

Dinosaurs are all extinct, and they lived and died before man. We unfortunately do not live in an Arthur Conan Doyle novel, as much as I'd like to.

The old testament was written by poets, not scientists. That doesn't mean it has no value -- I personally love poetry -- but that does mean it shouldn't be referenced as a science text to mark when certain species came to be.

Come on, friends,

Adam

Oh come on, you linked to a Geocities page. How is that not a contradiction? And worse you posted a Loch Ness monster video for some reason?

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Knux

weirdadam wrote:

Oh come on, you linked to a Geocities page. How is that not a contradiction? And worse you posted a Loch Ness monster video for some reason?

So a video dosen't convince you nor another link. I do not know what you mean by contradictions,but I have put no contradictions. If you do not want to believe me,that's up to you. All I'll say is that evolution has ruined this world.
Before,evolution was thought up,we had a much more just world. The belief of Creation helped us more ways then one for the USA. But evolution just made things go downhill. I might put up more links up here,but you guys do not want to believe anything I posted,so oh well for now.
But,I will NEVER believe evolution.
The very idea of me evolving from a monkey laughable. It really is funny.

You guys believe what you want to believe,but I was just trying to help you.

Edited on by Knux

Knux

Slapshot

Aight guys dont argue LOL.

@Kizzi....great site had to bookmark that one. I do believe that its very possible that man and dinosaurs coexisted. Also I wish I could remeber where in the Bible there is a prophecy that is speculated that (I think its Paul) saw a helicopter and back in those days there is no way they would have any way to explain it in those times. I love all of it. Its just so much fun to think on, I just dont get caught up in the arguments on it because it is an interpretation.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Adam

The very idea of posting a Geocities page as some actual authority is more laughable. It really is funny.

Also, there are so many different fake videos of Nessie. It is the worst hoax ever. It is very easy to fake stuff like this, especially when all that's on offer are short blurry glimpses of something in black and white. It is completely irrational to believe there is a solitary dinosaur that has lived since ancient times, on its own, in a lake. What would the thing live on? Algae? No organism, not even dinosaurs, lived as long as this thing would have had to.

You might as well post videos of Big Foot or Santa and then act exasperated when we won't believe that.

Come on, friends,

Knux

slapshot82 wrote:

Aight guys dont argue LOL.

@Kizzi....great site had to bookmark that one. I do believe that its very possible that man and dinosaurs coexisted. Also I wish I could remeber where in the Bible there is a prophecy that is speculated that (I think its Paul) saw a helicopter and back in those days there is no way they would have any way to explain it in those times. I love all of it. Its just so much fun to think on, I just dont get caught up in the arguments on it because it is an interpretation.

There are two full chapters in the Holy Bible where God talks about dinosaurs. They are Job 40 and Job 41. If you have anymore questions,email me.

Knux

Kizzi

@theblackdragon: So whoever has power gets to say what is right?

Kizzi

@Supermarketzombie: just becuase the sources are old doesn't mean they aren't factual. Do agree or disagree with them?

Knux

weirdadam wrote:

The very idea of posting a Geocities page as some actual authority is more laughable. It really is funny.

Also, there are so many different fake videos of Nessie. It is the worst hoax ever. It is very easy to fake stuff like this, especially when all that's on offer are short blurry glimpses of something in black and white. It is completely irrational to believe there is a solitary dinosaur that has lived since ancient times, on its own, in a lake. What would the thing live on? Algae? No organism, not even dinosaurs, lived as long as this thing would have had to.

You might as well post videos of Big Foot or Santa and then act exasperated when we won't believe that.

Fact is Big Foot could have existed,but that's not important to me.
Regardless,they are many accounts of people seeing Nessie,other sea monsters,and dinosaurs. In fact,they are so many,that they all cannot be fake. Search the internet for sighting accounts.
Most dinosaurs are actually just giant lizards,so they really are not extinct to begin with. By the way,dragons are actually dinosaurs,believe it or not.
But,if you want more information,I think you should watch Kent Hovind's videos,he explains this a LOT better them me. Just Google Search him and you'll find his videos. Well,I think I have made my point,so I will take a break for now.

Knux

Adam

I have a question, but I'll just post it here, Since when are elephants and whales considered dinosaurs?

Come on, friends,

AlexSays

I'm a dinosaur.

AlexSays

Kizzi

@Adam: maybe I should of started with this. Look at this site: www.creatingfutures.net/validity.html#Bible.

Philip_J_Reed

Didn't they determine a few years ago that the Loch Ness monster in the picture was really just an elephant in the water with its trunk up?

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.