Forums

Topic: What are you listening to right now?

Posts 421 to 440 of 2,108

NotTelevision

I’ve been listening to the discography of the Cocteau Twins recently, and I’m really impressed. The only album I’ve listened to previously was Heaven or Las Vegas, but there is actually more interesting and experimental stuff they worked on in the 80s. Victorialand in particular has a atmosphere all of its own and it is really mesmerizing. Sort of reminds me of choral music like Gregorian chant, but you can also hear some Celtic folk revival influences creeping in with some of the vocal harmonies (Clannad in particular).

NotTelevision

cryptologous

@NotTelevision Nice stuff, almost picked up a Clannad CD at my local yesterday but decided I'd hold off til the wallet was a little heavier. And yea, CT's older stuff is very strong. Quite a big fan of Treasure and Victorialand, as well as a pretty much all the EPs from '83 to '86.

cryptologous

JoeDiddley

As autumn rolls in I can start listening to more reflective music again.

It’s been mostly Bach, Burial and Brew for me this week.

Edited on by Eel

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

NotTelevision

@cryptologous I think Clannad 2 and Dúlamán are their strongest albums. I think Clannad got pretty cheesy in the 80s, so I wouldn’t recommend those.

NotTelevision

NotTelevision

Listening to Singles Going Steady for the first time in a while. Still one of favorite records of that period.

Just noticed how Howard Devoto reused that riff from “ Lipstick” in the Magazine track “Shot By Both Sides”. Can’t believe I didn’t hear that before.

NotTelevision

cryptologous

Jakub is really pushing the limits of accessible and progressive guitar-based music right now. One of the most beautiful records I've heard in a minute, feel like a lot of it would make for an insane OST over a title like Gorogoa.

cryptologous

Magician

With less than three months left in the decade, how about a chart topper that's nearly a decade old?

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

KarateLuigi

This one's been stuck in my head lately.

God, I love this game so much.

Currently playing: ACNL, Pokémon Pearl, Pokémon Art Academy, Minecraft, Mario Tennis Aces
Sidegames: Super Kirby Clash, Overcooked 2, Kirby's Dream Land 3

Looking forward to: Luigi's Mansion 3, Pokémon Swish
Hyped for: ACNH

Vinny

Great album. Really relaxing and peaceful but also somewhat intense at times.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

JoeDiddley

I don't get to as many concerts these days as sadly most of my favourite artists are no longer with us.

But I did see The Twilight Sad last week who were better than I was expecting, so I'm listening to them. Nick Cave's new album too and I've go a ticket to see him next year.

I've also just discovered Arab Strap, about 20 years too late!

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

DenDen

Many things.
But the most indie rock and indie folk sweet fibes

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

WoomyNNYes

This has become a favorite holiday song with a beat for myself, family, and friends. A jam, if you will.

Sorry if it's early for this, but I didn't want to forget to share it.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic