Forums

Topic: What are you listening to right now?

Posts 321 to 340 of 2,106

CurryPowderKeg79

Taylor Swift's new album.

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

Buizel

I seem to just have The Cranberries on loop these days. Dolores O'Riordan had one of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard.

At least 2'8".

DenDen

Davina Michelle first album

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Magician

It's the start of the weekend. Lets...slow things down a touch.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

skywake

Looking forward to the new TFS album:

also an improved version of the graph from the previous page, this time correctly scaled:
Untitled

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

MarioVillager92

Game music's gotta count, right? Anyway, this is one of my favorite tunes from Team Sonic Racing!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

DenDen

Pantera life

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

BougieBeetle

Anyone here into classical music? These are a couple go-tos for me when I'm writing or studying.

Jupiter from Gustav Holts' suite "The Planets" (the whole suite is fire, actually).

Brahm's Violin Concerto in D Major, soloist Hillary Hahn. The adagio section in particular (the last third) is incredible.

Edited on by BougieBeetle

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

PCkid

I'm listening what KOJI KONDO has stolen to make the opening tune of The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time. :/
Erik Satie Gymnopédies.

PCkid

BougieBeetle

@PCKid, that's a really interesting mashup! I love Gymnopedies, one of my favorite easy listening pieces. I'm not sure it's fair to say Mr. Kondo stole it, since most modern music has a classical antecedent. For example, Gustav Holt's "The Planets" anticipates basically every movie score from the 70s onward.

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

bimmy-lee

@PCkid - It’s impossible to steal art from public domain because it already belongs to everyone. You know, you have a mental twin out in the world. Almost everything you post reminds me of a former member here from France. The similarities are uncanny.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Ryu_Niiyama

No such thing as an original idea and all that.

@BougieBeetle I'm more of a Haydin or Vivaldi woman myself, although Holst's the Planets holds a special place in my heart.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

BougieBeetle

@Ryu_Niiyama I like them too! Vivaldi's Four Seasons gets a lot of play from me, of course, that's one of the popular ones. Any particular recommendations?

The classical station in my area was playing Camille Saint-Seans' Carnival of the Animals the other day so I've been grooving on that lately, especially Aquarium.

Ryu_Niiyama

@BougieBeetle I adore Vivaldi's La Stravaganza. (Although I play Taiko, my first love is the violin...which I only fiddle, my parents couldn't afford lessons 70 miles away and I grew up in a rural area with nothing local, but the denial led me to guitar and a love of Irish/celtic folk music.) Four seasons is a big love as well but like you said its popular. That being said props to the NEW SCHOOL as Barber's Adagio for Strings is my favorite piece overall. I like it in original format but I will admit I was introduced to it by Bond, so I tend to listen to their version the most. So good for working and it fits my musical style, refined but flavored with modern electro pop.

My favorite Haydin is Opus 20 (again heavy sting bias here)
That being said Mozart's Twelve Variations of Ah vous dirai-je, Maman is that piece that is both amazing and hilarious to me due to its insinuation in popular culture. You think it is so simple...its just Twinkle Twinkle little star right? And then It hits you and you are like "Who can play this with just two hands?!"

Then again I like modern takes on classical styles. Love the Yoshida Kyodai for that (they are known for the "Wii Song" in marketing- actual name Kodo inside the sun remix - I prefer the hishou version of Kodo actually but I thank Nintendo for introducing me to them.) My favorite song by them is Hayate and then Rising (which is a little too bombastic but still really good).

That being said, I'm listening to Perfume, as usual at work.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic