Forums

Topic: What are you listening to right now?

Posts 281 to 300 of 2,108

JoeDiddley

JoeDiddley wrote:

Charles Mingus
JS Bach
Persona Q2 soundtrack

Still this, along with some Blues & Gospel.

Edited on by JoeDiddley

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

bimmy-lee

@JoeDiddley - Are you familiar with US public television show, Mister Rogers Neighborhood?

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NEStalgia

I'm listening to hard drives spinning, @ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Well...there's something I can't say I ever thought I'd see again. And yet, there it is.

NEStalgia

FullbringIchigo

the T.V

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

AxeltheBuizel

Persona 5 Ost. Just picked the game up this weekend and it's soundtrack is heavenly.

Edited on by AxeltheBuizel

AxeltheBuizel

bimmy-lee

That song always reminded me of the music from the second stage of Streets of Rage 2.

@PCkid - I’ve always loved the bass in Pump Up the Jam. It’s reverse bass, but high quality speakers will pick it up and blow it out.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

JoeDiddley

@bimmy-lee I’ve not heard of it sorry, maybe being a Brit?

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

gcunit

Gorging on Empire of the Sun last 24 hours.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

bimmy-lee

@JoeDiddley - That’s the reason. I wasn’t sure if Mister Rogers made his way over in some sort of public television cultural exchange. Our public television airs a lot of British soaps and comedic dramas.

The show had a deep focus on music, and there’s an episode (ep 1509 from November 18, 1982) where Fred Rogers meets Othar Turner, Jessie Mae Hemphill, and Ed Young. It’s a delightful video. It’s not on YT, and I don’t know how to post videos not on YT, so Google search “Mister Rogers Othar Turner” if you’re interested, and it should be the first video to show up.

limby-bee was a jerk.

PCkid

@bimmy-lee I listen music with a great HI-FI headphones and only FLAC files. Don't need quality speakers

Agree with you about the bass though.

PCkid

Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

bimmy-lee

I saw LCD Sound System on an episode of Austin City Limits a few weeks ago, and I’ve been listening to them a off and on since. That was my introduction to them, but I’ve listened through the self titled album and 45:33. It’s really good stuff, and super fun when a new band just falls into my lap like that. I’m not sure how I managed to not know about them for the last 18 years. Better late than never.

limby-bee was a jerk.

skywake

One of the graphs from one of the spreadsheets I have for tracking stuff. This one is a "moving average" for the top 5 artists I've listened to in a given month since 2006 from last.fm. The maths on this works out that if I listened to the same artist as my top artist 6 months in a row it will take up 1/3rd of the area. If an artist was 5th for one month out of 6 only it will take up ~1%.

Over the last 5 years as you can see my charts have largely been dominated by Blur, Radiohead and a bit of Deerhoof. The more recent obsessions being Cake & King Gizzard. Before that the Avalanches in Yellow around 2016 which I haven't labelled here.

Untitled

For something a bit more specific and recent, here are my 8 most listened to albums for the last 6 months. A stat which says more about the number of tracks on some of these albums than anything:
Untitled

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic