Forums

Topic: What are you listening to right now?

Posts 241 to 260 of 2,106

Vinny

Coldplay's A Rush Of Blood to Head (2002)
One of their best albums, I think.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

spizzamarozzi

I was the kind of kid who, if I knew my father had listened to rock'n'roll, I would have listened to opera.
Many years ago I found my father's small record collection in my grandma's attic. He had a lot of jazz records, most of which I had as well - Coltrane, Don Cherry, Ornette Coleman, Pharoah Sanders etc. There was also Apostrophe by Frank Zappa, with a little note written inside from my mother (it was a present she had given him for his birthday in the 70s).

I was pretty much a kid who had to do the opposite of what his parents liked/wanted/did. I'm like that old Jonathan Richman tune where he loves the Fender Stratocaster because it's "everything your parents hated about rock'n'roll".

My brother is pretty much the same. For years he listened exclusively to stuff I didn't like. It's only recently that he has broadened up his horizons. Nowadays, he would text me stuff like "Have you ever heard of this great brazilian band called Os Mutantes??" and I'm like "Dude, we used to listen to it in the car when I drove you to school 15 years ago...". My brother is a drummer, so like all drummers, he has sh!te taste in music anyway.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Pigeony

I bought a greatest hits album from The Cranberries yesterday for £3. I think it's found its home in my car, great for long journeys.

If you like alternative stuff from the 90's or just good music in general, I highly recommend it as a gateway to the band.

Pigeony

bimmy-lee

Wow, back from the dead. I have no shame, I’ll pile on. Gza, Liquid Swords. Can’t remember if I’ve referenced it here before, probably have.

@Lloiddd - Cool video. Haven’t seen that one before.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Lloiddd

Love riding around Sundays after church + reggae beats. I miss home. I'm just hella hungry right now.

FC Switch and 3DS 2810-1724-7536

Cobalt

@Lloiddd

No I'm not, I'm French.
I really appreciate music from everywhere in the world and when I've discovered a gothic Turkish band I was like blown away... ^^

PS : the track of Nick Hakim that you just posted is really good BTW.

Edited on by Cobalt

Cobalt

Lloiddd

@Cobalt Yeah I've been a Nick Hakim fan since...probably 2013. He's got good songs (mostly on my sleep playlist). This one for example.

Lloiddd

Bought the album, just finished listening to all the songs...now I feel all sensual. I haven't felt this weirdly sensual since Miguel's last album. lol

Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

MysticGengar

For me, I've been listening to Team Plasma battle from Pokémon BW, and Modern day: final wave from PVZ 2

Nice >:]

I do stupid stuff on youtube.com/mysticbros, so check it out if your bored or whatever.
Or don't, it's your time after all.

Magician

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic