Forums

Topic: What are you listening to right now?

Posts 221 to 240 of 2,108

Late

Bought this. Love the game, found out that there's a physical soundtrack so I had to get it. Just started listening to it.
Untitled

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Malcrash

This right here is my favorite track in the entirety of DBFZ. I like it more than Vegeta's theme cause of them funky beats

Malcrash

Twitter:

bimmy-lee

It’s been a while, so tonight I’m really enjoying A Ass Pocket of Whiskey by R.L. Burnside and The John Spencer Blues Explosion. Supposedly, it was recorded in a single take. Lots of hollering. Tonight starts a three day weekend for me, so it fits my rowdy mood well.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

6ch6ris6

Tool - Lateralus

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

uniemaia

That's all very interesting, and tied nicely back to gamingUntitled

uniemaia

JoeDiddley

@bimmy-lee a fantastic album that.

I braved a blizzard on Saturday to catch The Handsome Family, they were awesome as always.
I’m listening to them as I type, squashed on a packed train

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

bimmy-lee

@JoeDiddley - It sure is my friend, it sure is. Seems to get progressively more inebriated as the album rolls on. By the last few songs, I think they’re just punching their instruments. Maybe each other too. I really love RL. Sound Machine Groove is my favorite album. Or maybe Mississippi Hill Country Blues is my favorite? Or this one. Hard to decide. Years ago, Fat Possum made a documentary about some of their artists, and RL stole the show. They went to his house. It was surreal. He hangs out under the clothesline and in broken down vehicles. I was supposed to see him play in ‘02, but he had to cancel the day of because of health problems. They got T-Model Ford to play instead, and they had to have police officers drag him off stage about half way through the show. He couldn’t stand up, and he was threatening to fight people. Dead breed.

I just recently discovered The Handsome Family. I enjoy them a great deal. Hope that packed train ride was a quick one.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

JoeDiddley

@bimmy-lee awesome. I also have the dvd of that documentary somewhere. I like the scene where the label are worried about going to jail as RL is claiming welfare.

I never got the chance to see him, I love most of his albums. I did see T Model Ford a couple of times though, Robert Belfour once too.
But yeah, that breed are mostly gone now sadly.

bimmy-lee

@JoeDiddley - Oh man, that was hilarious. Committing welfare fraud on camera for, like, $58. What I wouldn’t give to have a beer with RL. Or just one night at Junior’s Juke Joint when he was playing. I wouldn’t get in anyone’s way. I’d just stand in the corner and mind my own business.

Belfour was great, such haunting vocals and unique guitar sound. His song writing kind of stands out as well. He’s very other worldly, his songs seem spiritual, but they’re not, but they might be. I think it’s his connection to Otha Turner. It gets very mysterious in the Hill Country if you get tangled up with the Turners and the Hemphills.

It’s fun to talk about these guys. I don’t know many people who listen to them, though some of the big names got big, multi continent tours in before they died, and some of them are kind of popular in punk rock.

limby-bee was a jerk.

JoeDiddley

@bimmy-lee I know what you mean. I would have loved to have witnessed Junior’s joint too, but may have stuck out like a sore thumb, being English.

It seems that most of my favourite artists are dead. And I regret some I could have seen, but then I count myself lucky for being around just in time to catch a few legends. My kids won’t get that opportunity.

bimmy-lee

@JoeDiddley - No they won’t, but as you share (this or any music) with your kids, you’re enacting a special kind of stewardship that can help ensure the art passes on to a younger generation. You’re creating legacy for the artists. It’s noble work, and I’ve found there’s nothing more fulfilling than sharing something you love with your kids and seeing the love reciprocated, as I’m sure you’ve found too.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic