General Discussion Forum

Topic: Weirdness of the Day

Showing 281 to 300 of 378

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

281. Posted:

Um, when did this turn into the weather thread?

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Gioku

282. Posted:

Well, I'm not sure this is a positive or a negative, so I'll just call it a weird:
So I got nine StreetPasses today. And out of those nine, I only got three new puzzle pieces. D:
I had one panel with only two pieces missing, and... none of the people I StreetPassed had either of them. ._."
And they're just normal blue pieces, too! ...but I suppose this is what happens when you have 880 pieces...! Hardly anyone you pass will have pieces you don't! ...at least they can get lots of pieces from me, though. :3

...I did get StreetPasses for a ton of other games, though, haha! ...I'm sitting on 20 AC:NL StreetPasses, for instance...

Edited on by Gioku

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Gioku on Youtube | Nintendo Friends
Yes, I am a brony. And proud of it. Get over it. :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Kirby: Triple Deluxe, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

283. Posted:

I listened to the original Lavender Town theme with the missing frequency, and I actually found the buzzing noise soothing rather that headache-inducing. Go figure.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Sonomin

284. Posted:

I found out that I missed 38 calls when I was last sleeping..

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

Gioku

285. Posted:

So there's this sitcom my sister watches on Nickelodeon, called Sam & Cat. Now, I never thought it was half bad; in fact I refer to it as a modern version of Laverne & Shirley. The characters are a bit younger, but the scenario is remarkably similar. And them though, they took it the extra mile and actually did the Laverne & Shirley intro ("1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Schlemiel! Schlimazel! Hasenpfeffer Incorporated")! Haha! So even the people who made the show knew what I was thinking! :D

Oh oh oh! I hadn't watched the rest of the episode yet! Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams were actually in it, in the Feeny and De Fazio apartment buildings, respectively! It was amazing! :D

Edited on by Gioku

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Gioku on Youtube | Nintendo Friends

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

286. Posted:

A 35y old lady was waiting at the bus stop when I passed by, she was like: do you have a phone? Me: erhh yeah.. She: can you please call my mamie call my mam please! And then like an insane woman she started to say the number extremely fast, repeating it over and over again. I was like wtf?! She was obviously 'mental' so I thought it would be really harsh to just leave her there. I called the number and had to tell her mom the bus didnt show up.. Her mom thanked me a thousand times for calling her and told me to tell her daughter to go home so I did. She didn't believe her mom said that first and I already hung up.. I had to repeat it 20x times I kept telling her to go home because her mom wanted her to :-/ Eventually she left... Really weird.

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

287. Posted:

It's freezing cold out in the middle of winter, snowing, and yet the local high school is firing off fireworks...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Gioku

288. Posted:

One of my game cases went through the wash today... it ha four DS games in it, and i usually carry it around in my pocket. Apparently it got left in my pocket when it went in the washing machine. When I heard they had gone through, I thought for sure they wouldn't work anymore, but it seems the opposite is true — they work better now. All four of them were starting to get old, and required a bit of fiddling with to get them to load, but I popped them in and they instantly loaded in like they're supposed to instead of requiring work to get them to load... so apparently the connectors got cleaned!

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Doge

289. Posted:

So im walking in my local super market, and then like a wave of realization just like blew me back, and i realized that im actually ALIVE. weird, right?

DOGE

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

AuthorMessage

Gioku

290. Posted:

@Doge that happens sometimes! ...it happens to me quite often, actually~ there's a word for that, but it escapes my mind at the moment... Existential Angst comes to mind, but that's something different...

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

291. Posted:

Actually, I'm frequently astonished by the mechenisms of life whenever I'm around my dog. Just that fact that something can be alive astounds me...

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Gioku

292. Posted:

@CanisWolfred ahaha yep I get that, too, all the time! :)
...my thing though, is that if something can be less than alive... could something also be more than alive...? I think life comes in varying degrees... such as I think it's very possible that stars are alive — just not to the degree that you or I are...

Edited on by Gioku

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

MickeyTheGreat

293. Posted:

I finished earlier than I needed to, so I'm stuck browsing the internet on my Wii U in my Karate gi for the next twenty minutes. Weird.

PS: "I'm stuck browsing the internet on my Wii U in my Karate gi". How it got in my Karate gi, I don't know.

Formerly MickMick and Mickey. Now I'm MickeyTheGreat again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

If I haven't posted in awhile, it's probably because I'm with friends.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage

GuSilverFlame

294. Posted:

I've just smashe a huge chunk of ice on my knee and the ice broke without hurting my knee(don't ask me why I did it, I just saw that deformed chunk of ice my sister made by accident and felt like trying to smash it)

Kirby 20th anniversary Remix
Kirby is coming to the 3DS!!!!!!!
my Backloggery
the Chit-Chat Crew!
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
visit Nintendo Friends it's a cool place
Row Row, Fight the Power!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Gioku

295. Posted:

I hit myself with a Blue Shell in MK7! :O
I was playing in the NL community; and I was neck-and-neck with a few other racers. I got the blue shell, so I figured I must not be in first, and I like to shoot off blue shells as soon as I get them, and... apparently I was in first. WTF, I got a blue shell while I was in first? :O

...and so I hit myself with it. >.<

Edited on by Gioku

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

GuSilverFlame

296. Posted:

@Gioku :O is that even possible? it must be some glitch(maybe) or when you hit the item box you weren't the first, I guess.

my Backloggery
the Chit-Chat Crew!

AuthorMessage

Gioku

297. Posted:

@GuSilverFlame only thing I can figure is that, since it was a very small group (only four of us racing), the odds for getting certain items was different than usual...

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

GuSilverFlame

298. Posted:

@Gioku so you set the CPU to not fill any empty spot needing a player. this way I can see it happening, with only 4 people. still rare but not as much

my Backloggery
the Chit-Chat Crew!

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

299. Posted:

Gioku wrote:

I hit myself with a Blue Shell in MK7! :O
I was playing in the NL community; and I was neck-and-neck with a few other racers. I got the blue shell, so I figured I must not be in first, and I like to shoot off blue shells as soon as I get them, and... apparently I was in first. WTF, I got a blue shell while I was in first? :O

...and so I hit myself with it. >.<

I though that was some kind of glitch, I actually think thats the reason I won the match. ;)

SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

Gioku

300. Posted:

@Jazzer94 yeah that and the fact that Mushroom Gorge is my least favorite track, hahaha. I lose on that track more than any of the others combined... I've got no idea why, though...

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery