Forums

Topic: We have hit a graphics plateau...

Posts 41 to 53 of 53

theblackdragon

HarmoKnight wrote:

That's why I posted the real life Pokemon thong

Excuse me? Please don't post your modeling photos here, no one wants to see that >:[

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

fpssoviet

Thats what they said for nes.

This is my new account my old one is salty1264. I joined in juin 2010 on my other account so im not a new member. Steam: se' salty1264

Birdman

Human facial expressions on NPCs, therefore, no.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

V8_Ninja

While I don't think the evolution of graphics has stopped or that it should, but I do agree with the idea that more emphasis should be put on other hardware aspects of a game console. I would love to see a quad-core, 4 GB of RAM console just to see how smart game developers use those advantages.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

OptometristLime

theblackdragon wrote:

HarmoKnight wrote:

Excuse me? Please don't post your modeling photos here, no one wants to see that >:[

Raises hand slowly...

... hand becomes leprous

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Wheels2050

joker94 wrote:

With this age of hd gaming, I don't think graphics can get much better. Sure, games can get larger, but I don't think we will see large leaps in regards to graphics..

I disagree. Strongly.

There is HEAPS that can still be done to improve graphics. I don't think it's strictly necessary (I always appreciate graphics, but I also appreciate that it costs a fortune to produce a game that takes advantage of all that graphical power) but it's an objective fact that there are noticeable improvements to graphics that can still be made. For example, shader models can be improved - they're pretty good, but could be better. Higher-polygon models, more texture memory or larger textures and, yes, higher resolution are just some examples.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

LzWinky

thelastlemming wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

HarmoKnight wrote:

Raises hand slowly...

... hand becomes leprous

To be fair, the real life versions look a lot better than their lousy anime counterparts >:3

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

KAHN

well,if we're speaking about actual human/animal/object figures, then we're on a plateau, i agree. BUT, i imagine that cartoon-sort graphics will always keep graphics fresh and different from everything else, because everyone has a different idea of what their protagonist can look like. he can be a purple chibi with a big bushy tail, or a fat blob that always ends up blocking paths. either way, cartoons allow for originality.

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

Jani-Koblaney

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

well,if we're speaking about actual human/animal/object figures, then we're on a plateau, i agree. BUT, i imagine that cartoon-sort graphics will always keep graphics fresh and different from everything else, because everyone has a different idea of what their protagonist can look like. he can be a purple chibi with a big bushy tail, or a fat blob that always ends up blocking paths. either way, cartoons allow for originality.

You are correct..

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

Mickey

Now first to start this comment let's just make the "graphical plateau" realistic graphics... okay now that we've done that let's start the comment: I believe we can produce Real Life graphics with the hardware we have now, But games like Skyrim show us we can't produce that in mass quantities and with all the extra stuff they add in an-well-Let me just put it this way, if they released a Disc with just a animation with a photo-realistic model you better believe it's gonna be detailed without AI, Save States, Gameplay and so on. That's why WE HAVEN'T hit a graphical plateau (In My Honest Opinion)

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.