Forums

Topic: Was December 2013 Nintendo Direct the last one we may see from Nintendo?

Posts 1 to 20 of 22

Azooooz

Alright, to make things simpler, Nintendo has never released a Nintendo Direct since last December, they haven't release another in January, and now it's almost mid-February, and we haven't heard or seen any news regarding new games or footage.

I'm worried that after the last ND, we may never see another one, but I could bee wrong about that.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Jazzer94

What is wrong with you its been 2 months, learn to be more patient.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Cipher

It'll have been eight weeks tomorrow since the last Direct, which is longer than most others so far - in fact, I need to check, but it could be the longest wait since they began. However, do keep in mind that when they started, they appeared once every couple of months.

Maybe this time Nintendo's taking their time to ensure the next Direct is a good one? They've had a lot on their plates recently, so many it's not a priority just yet. But don't worry - I'm sure we'll continue to get them!

Azooooz

Jazzer94 wrote:

What is wrong with you its been 2 months, learn to be more patient.

I can be patient, but this is unusual for Nintendo to not make a Direct for more than a month. They usually do it every month.

Cipher wrote:

It'll have been eight weeks tomorrow since the last Direct, which is longer than most others so far - in fact, I need to check, but it could be the longest wait since they began. However, do keep in mind that when they started, they appeared once every couple of months.

Maybe this time Nintendo's taking their time to ensure the next Direct is a good one? They've had a lot on their plates recently, so many it's not a priority just yet. But don't worry - I'm sure we'll continue to get them!

I hope so, they need to bring the thunder on us.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Romeo

wtf?
people simply overracting.. oh no, they've skipped a month
who cares?

we'll probably get one this month.. if not, then in march
do you want them to hold an underwhelming Nintendo Direct? or do you want new game announcements, gameplay trailer, lots of information, etc.?
these things take time + Nintendo has to carefully pick a date for the Nintendo Direct, they can't just say "yea.. nintendo direct this tuesday" and then announce some half-donkeyed information

hopefully they'll announce something really cool which takes everyone by surprise...and therefore all the whining and complaining will stop... for a few weeks at least

Please watch the profanity — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

Romeo

Jazzer94

@Azooooz Have Nintendo ever said that there would be a ND every month no so you and all the rest of the people on this site dependent on ND to keep hope need to chill and stop making loads of threads each month and just wait instead of freaking out.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

6ch6ris6

whats wrong with you guys? nintendo never said they would do this frequently. they do it if they want to do it. go do something, like playing games

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

zoroarkrules25

Well the rumor is that this month's direct is Thursday. The rumor states that it is Yoshi focused. Can't find the original thread(it was on 4chan) but here is what it said:

Nintendo Direct Thursday "Year of the Yoshi" !!fF5wBHV2ckO 02/10/14(Mon) 13:31

[[random image of Yoshi]]

It's coming, and this is what I've learned will be the focus of the US version of the Direct from my sources.

• Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze Release Trailer.
  • Donkey Kong Community for Miiverse; Donkey Kong Country will return to the Wii U Virtual Console very soon, and presumably the other two will follow.
  • "Year of the Yoshi" announcement, the Yoshi 3DS, and new footage of Yoshi's New Island and "Yarn Yoshi". There is also a glimpse of a third Yoshi game, a new Paper Mario for the 3DS that focuses on Mario and Yoshi as a team and has players use the touch-screen to color in objects with markers.
  • New Smash Brother Trailer for Yoshi, who is revamped and carries Baby Mario.
  • New Mario Kart 8 Trailer.
  • Information on upcoming Indie Titles.
  • Murasame Castle will be the next 3D Classic, and be released in the West officially for the first time.
  • New footage of Zelda Hyrule Warriors, and the Sonic Lost World Zelda-themed DLC.

It is also noteworthy that an half hour after this was posted, the Yoshi's new island site was updated.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

2Pac

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

Well the rumor is that this month's direct is Thursday. The rumor states that it is Yoshi focused. Can't find the original thread(it was on 4chan) but here is what it said:

It's coming, and this is what I've learned will be the focus of the US version of the Direct from my sources.

• Donkey Kong Community for Miiverse; Donkey Kong Country will return to the Wii U Virtual Console very soon, and presumably the other two will follow.
  • "Year of the Yoshi" announcement, the Yoshi 3DS, and new footage of Yoshi's New Island and "Yarn Yoshi". There is also a glimpse of a third Yoshi game, a new Paper Mario for the 3DS that focuses on Mario and Yoshi as a team and has players use the touch-screen to color in objects with markers.
  • Murasame Castle will be the next 3D Classic, and be released in the West officially for the first time.
  • New footage of Zelda Hyrule Warriors, and the Sonic Lost World Zelda-themed DLC.

It is also noteworthy that an half hour after this was posted, the Yoshi's new island site was updated.

Woah. That sounds promising.

the switch is pretty cool.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6550-4870 | Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

19Robb92

Aren't ND's usually bimonthly?

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Azooooz

GamecubeMan wrote:

If worst comes to worst sir E3 2014 is just around the corner! :3

I'm very optimistic about this year's E3, especially for Nintendo. Looking forward to it.

Romeo

NintendoXtreme1 wrote:

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

Woah. That sounds promising.

hmn, sounds rather boring to be honest

obviously looking forward to new smash bros. gameplay + mario kart 8 trailer, but aside from that? nothing interesting
we already know that DKC: TF is going to be awesome, we've seen a lot... i don't need them to spoil the game for me completely by releasing even more footage

"donkey kong will return to vc" ... why hasn't it already is the question that needs to be asked

yoshi? i love the character, but the game looks bland, lifeless, cheap and i really don't like the design/graphics

• Hyrule Warriors.. can't get excited for this game..
    information on upcoming indie titles? could be interesting if they'd finally show us some screens/gameplay trailer for the upcoming FAST Racing NEO... or if they announced A Hat in Time, etc.

i wish they'd go completely nuts and just announce a new metroid, majora's mask 3d remake, new smash bros. + mario kart 8 trailer, Bayonetta 2 / X release dates, etc,... but obviously none of that will happen except for smash bros+mario kart 8.. which is a real shame

Edited on by Romeo

Romeo

jump

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

New Smash Brother Trailer for Yoshi, who is revamped and carries Baby Mario.

I'd love that!

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

LoBo

2013 there was a ND in ever single month ,in fact there has been a ND every month since the launch of the Wii U.

Maybe there will be one this month , and hopefully they can give us a Mario Kart release date .

I know Iwata has been saying May , but no exact date has been given , which means it could be open to Delay ..I hope not !!

and there has been no word to officially say when .... but I like big surprises too !

LoBo

Snagrio

Wasn't there a Direct for Korea last month?

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Reala

Hasn't it been like 3 minutes since the last Mario game now? I hope they haven't shelved the series.

Reala

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.