Forums

Topic: Visual Novels

Posts 441 to 460 of 460

EllaTheQueen6

@JustMonika My Nekopara plushies arrived, Chocola and Vanilla are very cuddly in plush form

Y'all, let's go play Legally Distinct Pocket Creatures!
Vice president/second divine goddess of the Chit-Chat thread

3DS Friend Code: 2252-0354-0887

JustMonika

Which of these are your favorites and which do you recommend the most? I'm going to buying a lot during the Steam winter sale at the end of the month. Anonymous;Code is already 100% going to be bought!

Aikagi
Amairo Chocolate
Anonymous;Code
Archetype Arcadia
Cerulean Days
Christmas Tina
Class of '09
Clover Days Plus
Corona Blossom
Eden*
Fault Milestone One
Fureraba: Friend to Lover
The Future Radio and Artificial Pigeons
Ghostpia: Season One
Hatsumira: From the Future Undying
Heart of the Woods
Hello Lady!
Hira Hira Hihiru
Koikari: Love For Hire
A Light in the Dark
Liminal Border: Part I
Loopers
Love Flute
Love on Leave
Making Lovers
Muv-Luv
My Fair Princess
My Klutzy Cupid
Nukitashi
Paranormasight: Seven Mysteries of Honjo
Parquet
Renai X Royale: Love's a Battle
Rewrite+
Robotics;Notes Elite
Saku Saku: Love Blossoms with the Cherry Blossoms
Sakura Sakura
Senren * Banka
Sentimental Death Loop
Some Some Convenience Store
Summer Pockets: Reflection Blue
Usonatsu: The Summer Romance Bloomed from a Lie
Yukikoi Melt
Yumeutsutsu Re:Master

JustMonika

EllaTheQueen6

@JustMonika I'm just chilling at home for Christmas. I gave my mom a list, so I might be lucky enough to get some anime stuff.
I don't recognize any of those, but a visual novel I recommend is Long Live The Queen. It's very hard (I haven't even gotten close to beating it) but it's fun.

PloysMaw

@JustMonika I'd highly recommend Yumeutsutsu Re:Master and 2 games that aren't on here that I really enjoyed this year are Please Be Happy and Hush Hush.

PloysMaw

FishyS

Question to you all:

I was downloading the Another Code demo and noticed there is also a demo for the visual novel ONE. The description says it's legendary from the 90s and for some reason it costs $70. Anyone know anything about this game? Worth a wishlist? I don't want to try the demo now because I definitely wouldn't want to buy the game at that price and for visual novels I don't like trying demos super long before I play the full game.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

BenAV

@JustMonika Paranormasight is excellent but it requires a bit of outside the box thinking and is the type of thing that using a guide would take away from the experience a bit so it might not be your cup of tea

Ghostpia is super cute and wholesome.

@FishyS I've been curious about ONE. for a while. Haven't bothered looking too much into it so I know nothing about it either but it has some nice CG art at the very least going by the screenshots. I might end up just grabbing a physical copy and giving it a go but there's a few VNs releasing around the same time and I haven't decided what I am and aren't getting out of them yet.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

JustMonika

@BenAV All the key people who went on to form Key are the ones that made One. Jun Maeda and the illustrator who did Clannad, Air, Kanon and Little Busters. Everyone is saying that it's outstanding. I'd look into it for sure. The physical version is cheaper than the digital.

JustMonika

EllaTheQueen6

@JustMonika Bro nice! I just binged TV shows all Christmas break lol

gcunit

Not entirely sure why today was the day, given my VN backlog is considerable already, but I've just ordered a copy of Jack Jeanne and Olympia Soirée. Couple of others on the wishlist still, but sheesh these VNs are pricey...

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

EllaTheQueen6

@gcunit Ahh, buying more visual nvoels when you already have visual novels to play, a classic

gcunit

@EllaTheQueen6 Yeh, they're good for that it seems 😊

I just figured physical stock of those published pre-2023 is only likely to be declining and I'd had Jack Jeanne on the list for a while without seeing any sign of a price drop. And once I pulled that trigger, my finger felt like pulling a few more... le sigh

Edited on by gcunit

EllaTheQueen6

@gcunit Well, I guess it is good to collect visual novel for a Switch cause you can just play chill games on a long car ride

gcunit

https://www.gematsu.com/2024/01/hakuoki-chronicles-of-wind-an...

Edited on by gcunit

FishyS

I just noticed this game on the weekly eshop list:

It's probably not great, I just found it hilarious that it appears to be a dating game where your main romance options appear to be 3 girls, a desk and a bird. 😆

There are some weird visual novels out there.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Princess_Lilly

Hello, I'm midly interested in Visual Novels and I would like to join the discussion please.

Anyone played National Park Girls, Katawa Shoujo, Yume Miru Kusuri or Sound of Drop?

Princess_Lilly

Andyv01

Witch on the Holy Night.

Finished it in its entirety today and it was flipping magnificant. I'm putting it right up there with Steins Gate as the best visual novel i've ever read. This is a story I won't be forgetting.

Character interaction between the three protags, the small town/big drama setting, the music (oh the music!), artwork, pacing, script, the flat snark and Beo fights... good grief.
Contrary to popular opinion the english prose was not a problem in the slightest for me.

Nintendolife, if your going to go through the effort of including Fata Morgana on the best VN list, then Mahoyo in an absolute cert. Time to preorder Tsukihime!

3DS FC: 3136-7284-3888

FishyS

@Andyv01 Witch on the Holy Night has been on my wishlist for years but it never seems to go on sale. I thought it looked gorgeous though; I want it more after hearing your description.

@Princess_Lilly I don't think I've heard of any of those; are any of them on Switch? Handheld Switch is definitely my favorite way to play VNs.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Andyv01

@FishyS I gave up waiting for an eshop sale and picked up the Japanese version (with English) 2nd hand physical on ebay for what I think was a reasonable price. Could always resell in future.
Playasia occasionally reduce the price on physical over golden week/Christmas/black Friday etc... might be worth a lookout.

3DS FC: 3136-7284-3888

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic