Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 12,088

unrandomsam

The best change in the GBA version of Super Mario World is the "Just what I needed" sample

Edited on by unrandomsam

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Dreamz

Maelstrom wrote:

@I-U It lacks the feeling of independence. The feeling that no one constantly tells you where to go. And metroid games have been about exploration, not about Samus herself.

The same thing was true about Zelda, but it's also slowly went towards a more hand-holding and story-centric approach.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

TheKingOfTown

Maelstrom wrote:

@I-U It lacks the feeling of independence. The feeling that no one constantly tells you where to go. And metroid games have been about exploration, not about Samus herself.

That makes me wonder why people still hold Metroid Fusion in a high regard, as you are constantly told what to do in that game.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Geonjaha

Games and franchises trying something new is great; it means the new title could be very different while still being very enjoyable. It just so happens that some of the time these new ideas can suck horribly. Case in point: Other M. Nintendo, Other M sucked; that doesn't mean people don't want Metroid anymore, or that people don't want change in the franchise. It means they don't want their Metroid games to be terrible.

(This is as a response to the Metroid comments; I wouldn't have thought that this is an unpopular opinion >.>)

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

CanisWolfred

TheKingOfTown wrote:

Maelstrom wrote:

That makes me wonder why people still hold Metroid Fusion in a high regard, as you are constantly told what to do in that game.

That game was actually criticized quite a bit back in the day. I thought it was acceptable to an extent, but it definitely ground gears with people.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Nintendo_Ninja

Got a few more:
A modern Diddy Kong racing wouldn't be as good as Mariokart nowadays
Pokémon Snap wasn't very good and would suck nowadays
There can never be enough Smash characters
The Mother series is underrated
Starfox Assault was a hidden gem in the series and is underrated

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Nintendo_Ninja

Never actually played Other M, since it's still way overpriced for a new copy at retail.

Nintendo_Ninja

And one more for the day: Paper Mario games aren't getting worse

CaviarMeths

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

Never actually played Other M, since it's still way overpriced for a new copy at retail.

It's $10...

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

CaviarMeths

Unpopular fact:
Metroid: Other M was a generally well-received game with respectable sales.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Mr_Video

I prefer Brawl over Melee.
Spirit Tracks is the best portable Zelda.
I think Final Fantasy spin-off games are generally better than the main series in most cases.
Despite not having aged that well, I still enjoy the Sonic Adventure games and they're still some of my favorite platforming games to this day.

Mr_Video

8BitSamurai

CanisWolfred wrote:

TheKingOfTown wrote:

Maelstrom wrote:

That game was actually criticized quite a bit back in the day. I thought it was acceptable to an extent, but it definitely ground gears with people.

Yeah, I actually had a lot of problems with it personally. I thought it was a great game on its own merit for sure, but too much hand holding and forcing the player for a Metroid game IMO.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

CaviarMeths

8BitSamurai wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Unpopular fact:
Metroid: Other M was a generally well-received game with respectable sales.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2010/11/reggie_wonders_where...
Significantly less than other Metroid titles, and under expectations by Nintendo.

Its current US sales are sitting at about 830k, significantly higher than they were when that article was posted and about the same as both Prime 2 and 3. And that quote by Reggie seems to agree with the majority of both reviewers and the fan base: Other M was a good game.

I'm not sure why Nintendo expected Other M to sell a million copies through its first holiday season. No Metroid has ever done that, not even Prime, but yeah, when their expectations for a game are astronomically higher than any previous game in the series, they're going to be disappointed.

Sleepingmudkip

Indie games have to much spotlight at moments & the whole "New" Retro games is over played/used

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

8BitSamurai

CaviarMeths wrote:

Its current US sales are sitting at about 830k, significantly higher than they were when that article was posted and about the same as both Prime 2 and 3.

Source for this? No Vgchartz.

CaviarMeths wrote:

And that quote by Reggie seems to agree with the majority of both reviewers and the fan base: Other M was a good game.

What fans we talking about here?

CaviarMeths

8BitSamurai wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Its current US sales are sitting at about 830k, significantly higher than they were when that article was posted and about the same as both Prime 2 and 3.

Vgchartz is about the only place with data, and I don't think it's fair to assume that they're wildly inaccurate with one game in a series and dead one with two others. You're not going to get more accurate numbers than those for Metroid. If you insist that Prime 2 and 3 sold much better than Other M, you're doing one worse than VGC; you're pulling numbers out of your butt. You can either agree with those numbers or not, but if you don't, you have nothing at all saying that Prime 2 and 3 sold significantly better than Other M.

Because they didn't.

8BitSamurai wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

And that quote by Reggie seems to agree with the majority of both reviewers and the fan base: Other M was a good game.

The ones that don't bother with 30 minute self-gratifying YouTube videos, I guess. The ones on rating and review sites, the ones that have left feedback on online retailers, etc.

You can't trust the vocal minority on the internet.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

8BitSamurai

CaviarMeths wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Vgchartz is about the only place with data, and I don't think it's fair to assume that they're wildly inaccurate with one game in a series and dead one with two others. You're not going to get more accurate numbers than those for Metroid. If you insist that Prime 2 and 3 sold much better than Other M, you're doing one worse than VGC; you're pulling numbers out of your butt. You can either agree with those numbers or not, but if you don't, you have nothing at all saying that Prime 2 and 3 sold significantly better than Other M.

Because they didn't.

8BitSamurai wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

The ones that don't bother with 30 minute self-gratifying YouTube videos, I guess. The ones on rating and review sites, the ones that have left feedback on online retailers, etc.

You can't trust the vocal minority on the internet.

So it is Vgchartz. Try again. I'm going on the part where Nintendo themselves says they were disappointed by it.

And I'm pretty sure the game didn't drop to $5-10, while the vast majority of similar 1st party Wii games held value extremely well, because of a "vocal minority". Also pretty sure critically analyzing a terrible game like Other M does not make you "self-gratifying".

CaviarMeths

Again, Reggie was disappointed that Other M didn't sell 1,000,000 copies in America through its first holiday, even though the best selling game in the series, Prime, didn't even manage half that. That's an incredibly unrealistic expectation and I'm not sure why he even held it.

It's even more insane that you hold him to that expectation though, considering you didn't even like the game. Reggie thought the game was great and expected it to sell a million. You thought the game sucked and expected it to sell... a million...

Aviator

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

There can never be enough Smash characters

There more characters there are the harder it is to balance.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic