Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 841 to 860 of 12,088

CanisWolfred

Chrono_Cross wrote:

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

@Chrono_Cross That's a pity, because games are a form of art and can't be understood with a realistic point of view. You'll only truly enjoy games for what they are if you stop being so analytical and start being more emotional.

I understand video games thoroughly, thank you.

Oragami wrote:

I loved Earthbound and The Dark Knight. I am also really, really smart. Like, top 1% in the world smart. Your argument here is invalid, no matter what you say otherwise.
I don't like playing the "I'm really smart" card, and I know I sound like an egotistical jerk here, but I needed to prove a point.

That's great you enjoyed them, but you're not getting the point. The hype surrounding those two forms of media are unnecessary. Neither of them are objectively as good as the fanbases make them out to be.

Oh, and btw, I'm an astronaut!

Once you start trying to say your opinion is objectionably correct, you lose every ounce of credibility you ever had. Just sayin'.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

V8_Ninja wrote:

My unpopular opinion; I think the Uncharted series is mediocre. To me, the series is just an action movie transplanted into a video game. While that's fine, I don't want that experience and none of the main Uncharted games have convinced me otherwise.

I like the gameplay a lot, but I won't lie that the cutscenes are at least half of the enjoyment those titles provide.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Shirma_Akayaku

CanisWolfred wrote:

V8_Ninja wrote:

My unpopular opinion; I think the Uncharted series is mediocre. To me, the series is just an action movie transplanted into a video game. While that's fine, I don't want that experience and none of the main Uncharted games have convinced me otherwise.

I like the gameplay a lot, but I won't lie that the cutscenes are at least half of the enjoyment those titles provide.

I agree with both of you. I have Uncharted 3 the main thing going for it is its story and cutscenes. I think the gameplay itself is mediocre at best but I do enjoy it because it's easier to adapt to. Plus I really like 3rd Person Shooters. The online modes are really fun though, like the Lab.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

CanisWolfred

Haven't touched 3 yet, but I did play Uncharted 1 and 2. I really like the verticality to the levels, you actually have to think about your environment during firefights and certain encounters offer different ways to tackle them. Plus the first game offered a lot of treasures and cheats, which is always nice. But yeah, I still think the gameplay aspect could be better.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ArabPikachu

KromCompany wrote:

I think that the Resident Evil games that should have been exclusive to Nintendo consoles should have stayed exclusive. (RE4, RE:R)

Capcom revoked their "RE4 staying Nintendo-exclusive" policy before the game even debuted on Gamecube, lol

I don't agree with your post but we might as well....................

Untitled

Edited on by ArabPikachu

http://www.capcom-unity.com/amunity/go/shield/privateProfile

Nintendo Network ID: Fikachu

Nintendo_Ninja

I think that blaming Nintendo fans for the lack of 3rd party support is wrong, due to some developers treating Nintendo fans like second class citizens by giving them crappy ports for the same price as fully fledged games.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

SkywardLink98

technotaylor98 wrote:

NavySpheal wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

NavySpheal wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

For example, many shootings and robberies take place because of games like GTA. If someone plays COD, maybe not so much, being you are taking out bad guys. But many games involve innocent people being robbed, killed, etc. Watching movies like this can also have effects on people.

[citation needed]

Please provide a link to your double-blind peer-evaluated research.

Yeah, I gotta agree with Caviar this. This reminds me of when people say "Guns kill people" instead of "People kill people".

Except guns kill people! If it weren't for guns everyone would still be alive and happy just like how if there weren't spoons everyone would be skinny and fit!

Well played, good sir. Well played.

Didn't the original joke go "If guns kill people, then spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat"?

I dunno, I just saw a picture of a guy with a sign reading "Spoons made me fat" standing next to a guy saying "Guns killed the children" or something like that. I take no credit for the joke.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Nintendo_Ninja

I've got some more:

The Gamecube is criminally underrated
The N64 is slightly overrated
Black and White 2 was the worst mainline Pokémon ever
Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald (gen 3) were better than Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow.
Brawl was just as good (if not better) than Melee
Mariokart 8 is just as good as Double Dash (but not better, they are forever tied)
Dragonball GT wasn't that bad (not gaming, but I had to say it)
Snivy is overrated
Pokémon isn't running out of ideas

Nintendo_Ninja

Also, Waluigi is overrated.

WhiteNoise17

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

He is? How?

Capcom at E3: Guys we're sorry about how we've been treating Mega Man so we're gonna make it up to you by releasing the Mega Man Cancelled Collection with all the titles we cancelled in the condition they we're in just before we pulled the plug. Now who wants Street Fighter X Monster Hunter?

SkywardLink98

Pokemon designs have not changed in quality.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Nintendo_Ninja

WhiteNoise17 wrote:

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

He is? How?

People act like he is the best Mario character to ever live, even though there isn't much to brag about when it comes to Waluigi. Seriously. What makes him better than Wario, Mario, or Luigi?

CaviarMeths

Jaz007 wrote:

How is something objectly the best fim ever made? It's all subjective, there is no objective ranking of these things.

There is taste in film, but no, there is absolutely a such thing as objectively good film making. That's why people go to film school, and pretty much the only reason that Citizen Kane is often considered the best film of all time.

It's mostly a film making and film critique thing, but yes, it's real. Objectivity isn't make believe.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

R_Champ

CaviarMeths wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

How is something objectly the best fim ever made? It's all subjective, there is no objective ranking of these things.

There is taste in film, but no, there is absolutely a such thing as objectively good filmmaking. That's why people go to film school, and pretty much the only reason that Citizen Kane is often considered the best film of all time.

In academia "objectivity" is usually just a pretentious way to say "my opinion is better than yours!!!!!!111."

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

mamp

R_Champ wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

There is taste in film, but no, there is absolutely a such thing as objectively good filmmaking. That's why people go to film school, and pretty much the only reason that Citizen Kane is often considered the best film of all time.

In academia "objectivity" is usually just a pretentious way to say "my opinion is better than yours!!!!!!111."

Academia... OMG has someone been watching the Nostalgia Chick cuz we all know once she joined academia she became a total snob with her head up her a**! Seriously being well educated makes you a well educated person it does not make you or your opinions better than anyone else. (Sorry I get angry when I hear the word academia)

Edited on by mamp

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

CaviarMeths

R_Champ wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

No, it really isn't. There is no opinion in objectivity. It's an unbiased critique of the technical aspects of the film. Things like direction, music, lighting, photography, acting, editing, sound, these are all things that are objective qualities of a film. How is it subjective to say that a scene is too dark to see? Have you seen Alien vs Predator: Requiem? Half the movie is unwatchable because it's too dark to see. That is an objectively bad movie. How about Quantum of Solace? The editing style in that movie is so jarring and frantic that every action scene is almost incomprehensible without multiple viewings. That's also objectively bad, though I did like the movie.

I don't know why some people have a hard time understanding the concept of objectivity in films. We can generally all declare that Sonic '06 is a horribly designed, buggy game, but no, film is entirely a matter of taste. There's no such thing as bad movies.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Mickey

CaviarMeths wrote:

We can all declare that Sonic '06 is a horribly designed, buggy game,

Um... dude? Like, I hate to break it to you, but... like, there are people out there who... uh... I mean, I'm not saying I'm one of them, but... yeah.

What I'm trying to say is that there are people out there who can honestly say they like Sonic 06 to some extent.

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

CaviarMeths

Mickey wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

We can all declare that Sonic '06 is a horribly designed, buggy game,

Um... dude? Like, I hate to break it to you, but... like, there are people out there who... uh... I mean, I'm not saying I'm one of them, but... yeah.

What I'm trying to say is that there are people out there who can honestly say they like Sonic 06 to some extent.

And those people like a bad game.

Nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't make it a good game.

8BitSamurai

Mitsuko_Chan wrote:

Resident Evil games on Nintendo platforms are much, much better than the other versions. (Example: Resident Evil 2 N64, Resident Evil 1 GameCube, Resident Evil 0, ect.)

Isn't this partially fact / partially popular opinion?

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic