Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 781 to 800 of 12,088

WhiteNoise17

8BitSamurai wrote:

WhiteNoise17 wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

WhiteNoise17 wrote:

Playing a sports game is quite possibly one of the laziest things you can do in my opinion if you're not a rabid sports fan or unable to preform the task in real life (due to being handicapped or the action being illegal) why do it?

Hate to be that guy, but by this logic racers are pointless, you can do it in real life, shooters are pointless, you can play paintball or join the military, etc.

This is true but again you can't (or at least shouldn't) do somethings when it comes to reality. Racing unless sanctioned is illegal I think, and something like GTA in real life would make more ignorant people blame video games for violent crimes. But anyway its just something about sitting on a couch and playing Madden makes me feel lazier than usual maybe its because I don't care for many sports. I Love racing games though.

Likewise, you just can't go assemble a major league team to come and play with you in a few minutes to play sports. Playing sports in real life just is not comparable to joining a team IRL and playing. One is a video game, one is real life.

My good sir you have used quite legitimate logic to prove your point which again is true. Maybe I've been to hard on sports games because of my not caring of real sports (except baseball love it). But seriously while I agree with what you said I still can't get into sports games but from henceforth I shall judge them equally. If I ever play one again that is.

Capcom at E3: Guys we're sorry about how we've been treating Mega Man so we're gonna make it up to you by releasing the Mega Man Cancelled Collection with all the titles we cancelled in the condition they we're in just before we pulled the plug. Now who wants Street Fighter X Monster Hunter?

CaviarMeths

Sports games follow a similar logic as any team-based game. There's strategy, action, and well, simulation. Those are all popular. Sure, you could get the buddies together and go paintballing, and that's a lot of fun too, but sometimes you just want to sit on the couch and play a shooter. I wouldn't call it lazy. Just a different kind of fun.

And speaking as a Canadian, it isn't just as easy as going outside and playing... Not a lot of fun to grab the football and head outside when it's -40.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

8BitSamurai

WhiteNoise17 wrote:

My good sir you have used quite legitimate logic to prove your point which again is true. Maybe I've been to hard on sports games because of my not caring of real sports (except baseball love it). But seriously while I agree with what you said I still can't get into sports games but from henceforth I shall judge them equally. If I ever play one again that is.

That's cool, different games for different doods. Would be boring if we all liked all the same games.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

CaviarMeths

technotaylor98 wrote:

I don't think an M rated game should be played by anyone, period.
Adding garbage to your game doesn't make it make it anymore fun, it only keeps people with standards like me from buying your game.

That's fine for you to not wish to support those games, but you have to understand the difference between "I don't want to play these" and "nobody should play these." Others playing the M-rated games have no effect on you, positive or negative, whatsoever.

This isn't so much an opinion as it is projecting your standards on other people, which is wrong.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

8BitSamurai

CaviarMeths wrote:

technotaylor98 wrote:

Adding garbage to your game doesn't make it make it anymore fun, it only keeps people with standards like me from buying your game.

That's fine for you to not wish to support those games, but you have to understand the difference between "I don't want to play these" and "nobody should play these." Others playing the M-rated games have no effect on you, positive or negative, whatsoever.

This isn't so much an opinion as it is projecting your standards on other people, which is wrong.

I play M-rated games, but I'm completely okay with him feeling that way as long as he doesn't come to my house and burn my games or something.

CaviarMeths

8BitSamurai wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

technotaylor98 wrote:

I play M-rated games, but I'm completely okay with him feeling that way as long as he doesn't come to my house and burn my games or something.

That's what I'm saying. It's ok to not like games, but to state that nobody should be playing them is wrong.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

SkywardLink98

Drobotic wrote:

I love Sonic Heroes.

/high five

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

CaviarMeths

For example, many shootings and robberies take place because of games like GTA. If someone plays COD, maybe not so much, being you are taking out bad guys. But many games involve innocent people being robbed, killed, etc. Watching movies like this can also have effects on people.

[citation needed]

Please provide a link to your double-blind peer-evaluated research.

8BitSamurai

CaviarMeths wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

technotaylor98 wrote:

That's what I'm saying. It's ok to not like games, but to state that nobody should be playing them is wrong.

I dunno, I just don't really have a problem with him saying what he wants, personally. I know I've been guilty of doing a different version of the same thing, and I'm sure most of us have.

NavySpheal

CaviarMeths wrote:

For example, many shootings and robberies take place because of games like GTA. If someone plays COD, maybe not so much, being you are taking out bad guys. But many games involve innocent people being robbed, killed, etc. Watching movies like this can also have effects on people.

[citation needed]

Yeah, I gotta agree with Caviar this. This reminds me of when people say "Guns kill people" instead of "People kill people".

3DS FC: 4596-9744-5868
Buffalo wings are a gift from the gods themselves.

CaviarMeths

technotaylor98 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/09/18/do-games-like...

Did you even read the article?

No study has ever shown that violent video games result directly in actual violence, let alone mass shootings. That doesn’t mean it isn’t possible, though the numbers suggest it’s very unlikely.

NavySpheal

@technotaylor Sorry, I didn't mean to word it like that. But, to be honest, I don't think it would matter to me. I'd probably choose Pikmin because I'd be stuck with a fellow Nintendo fan. Then again, that game tells you to command living things to become your slaves and send them off to fight giant monsters that have a high chance of killing you.

Both games get terrifying, hahaha.

3DS FC: 4596-9744-5868
Buffalo wings are a gift from the gods themselves.

ArabPikachu

Drobotic wrote:

I love Sonic Heroes.

lol, I thought Sonic Heroes was popular

Don't get me wrong, I thought Sonic Heroes was fun (even though my cd copy stopped working before I even got to beat the game)

http://www.capcom-unity.com/amunity/go/shield/privateProfile

Nintendo Network ID: Fikachu

WhiteNoise17

technotaylor98 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

technotaylor98 wrote:

@8BitSamurai No I will not burn your M-rated games. @CaviarMeths Others playing M-rated games may have a huge impact on those who don't. For example, many shootings and robberies take place because of games like GTA. If someone plays COD, maybe not so much, being you are taking out bad guys. But many games involve innocent people being robbed, killed, etc. Watching movies like this can also have effects on people.

And as far as the whole "projecting my standards on other people" goes, it isn't wrong to do so, being we would have no laws if nobody imposed standards into place.

Woah dude wouldn't you say thats a bit of a generalization? I mean yeah some M-rated games are pointless but not all crimes are caused by them thats like saying all violent movies cause violent crimes and all depressing songs lead to suicide, games aren't always to blame. Neither are books, movies and music.

EDIT: Man I posted this too late umm... uh.. Excite Bike is the best motocross game i've ever played.

Edited on by WhiteNoise17

Capcom at E3: Guys we're sorry about how we've been treating Mega Man so we're gonna make it up to you by releasing the Mega Man Cancelled Collection with all the titles we cancelled in the condition they we're in just before we pulled the plug. Now who wants Street Fighter X Monster Hunter?

SomeBitTripFan

technotaylor98 wrote:

I understand your sentiments, but have to disagree. Some games to simply add things to drive up their rating, which seems to be beneficial to sales, but if that content is there for a meaningful reason, or a developer simply saw that an important aspect of their vision, then I see no reason to not include it. I salute you for standing resolute about your moral standards, but I can't agree.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

CaviarMeths

technotaylor98 wrote:

I know that not ALL crimes are related to games. But you can't tell me that games like GTA made anyone a better person.

There is no proven link between video games and violence. According to research, an absolutely negligible number of crimes are related to games. Crime is related to things like socioeconomic conditions and mental health, not objects like video games or real, actual guns.

GTA doesn't make anyone a better or worse person. Your logic is extraordinarily flawed and fallacious.

Jaz007

In agree that game like GTA shouldn't be made, but it's not because of the crimes in them, so much as the sex, filthy language, and whatnot. I would love a GTA without those things that I could still run over people, steal, and whatnot in. I think just higher standard should be had in general for developers. I also agree that it does affect gamers like me when stuff in those games. It's very frustrating when you see a great looking game ruined by the F bomb. Another question about when you make something on how it affects someone, is that anything has that potential. Captain America could affect somebody in the wrong way. I personally think that what's wrong in of itself should be a the bases for the most part though. There exceptions though.

Jaz007

ArabPikachu

But you can't tell me that games like GTA made anyone a better person.

Although I don't think M-rated games should be banned altogether, I do agree that GTA is not a healthy type of videogame.

If I had kids, I wouldn't trust them to play GTA because it promotes filth such as prostitution.

Edited on by ArabPikachu

http://www.capcom-unity.com/amunity/go/shield/privateProfile

Nintendo Network ID: Fikachu

CaviarMeths

technotaylor98 wrote:

Common sense

In other words, you believe your ignorance to be superior to the knowledge of others. Not knowing is better than knowing. If it makes sense to you with your limited understanding, it must be true.

ArabPikachu wrote:

If I had kids, I wouldn't trust them to play GTA

Neither would the ESRB. It's an M-rated game.

Jaz007 wrote:

In agree that game like GTA shouldn't be made, but it's not because of the crimes in them, so much as the sex, filthy language, and whatnot. I would love a GTA without those things that I could still run over people, steal, and whatnot in

Wut.

EDIT: Ehh, I guess we should drop it. Not like anybody's view is going to change anyway.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

SomeBitTripFan

In support of what @technotaylor98 is saying. I do believe that violent video games can have an effect on people. Games do encourage a certain mindset from players, and reward the player for performing specific actions. It could be said that video games to have a subconscious influence on people, they key is maintaining a void between fiction and reality, but with games trying so hard to convince you that they are reality, if only while you're playing them, how effective can preserving that distinction be?

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic