Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 7,341 to 7,360 of 12,088

porto

@Blooper987 nope, never owned a DS

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Blooper987

@Apportal well it’s also on Wii. You should definitely try one. It’s the first one I got into other than just dance.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

porto

@Blooper987 Sorry, no. I’ve already said this plenty of times, but I don’t like rhythm games. In general. I don’t want to waste my time and play them if I don’t like them.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Blooper987

@Apportal ok. I agree that crypt of the NecroDancer is bad btw. I don’t understand how anyone can like it.

Lindhardt

@Anti-Matter I agree with @RainbowGazelle. The amount of stuff New Leaf had at launch compared to New Horizons was way better, and the characters felt like they had way more personality. I do think New Horizons looks way better, but graphics hasn't really been the main selling point of Animal Crossing.

Edited on by Lindhardt

Favorite Games:
1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Portal 2
3. Hollow Knight
4. Fallout 4
5. Persona 4: Golden

RainbowGazelle

@Anti-Matter Well, I feel NL was better because of more in depth resident interaction, a load of shops to slowly build, and just in general more to do around town. Going to tropical islands together was fun too.
NH is still good, but not as good for me personally because of what I enjoyed the most about the series. I'd have liked more development of characters like Isabelle and the Able Sisters. Some story involving them, rather than them being essentially menus. Just a deeper world experience.

Edited on by RainbowGazelle

"Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind."

Nintendo Network ID: RainbowGazelle | Twitter:

NEStalgia

Well, it's no secret, but I definitely do agree with @Lindhardt and @RainbowGazelle here. It's mostly the shift in focus from a life simulator to a building/decorating game that makes it feel so jarring. If you liked AC for the things it used to have, so much of that is consolidated and streamlined to being interfaces rather than "places" so you can focus on building. But if you weren't really planning on building, it feels emptier.

NEStalgia

Anti-Matter

@NEStalgia
I'm glad Resetti is not appear on ACNH to nag everytime i quit from the game without saving.
If i did it purposely, that means i want to reset something not right happened.
I don't even care with Resetti's wrath, i found it was stupid for nagging at me because of quitting without saving.
It was my plan, i have to reset if something didn't work as my plan.

This is what happened if i meet with Resetti from my imagination.
Resetti : #@$?! at me for quitting without saving
Me: Do shut up, old man. So what if i did it by purposely ? I want to reset something wrong happened and don't even try to nag at me because i can make you disappear if i caught you nag at me one more time, got it?!

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

steve_mcsteve

Celeste is immensely overrated and tries way too hard to make you like the protagonist, who just whines about everything. I never felt that she overcame anything on her own and instead felt like I was doing everything for her. The game itself is fun, and it has a top shelf soundtrack, but there are a ton of other games in the genre that are just as good or better.

steve_mcsteve

Blooper987

@steve_mcsteve I thought you were saying the game wasn’t fun at first😂. I can see where your coming from, it certainly isn’t my favorite platformer on the switch but I still think it’s pretty good.

steve_mcsteve

@Blooper987 Nah, its fun, but its not the best at anything it tries to be and the constant praise it gets bugs me.

steve_mcsteve

Sunsy

I really dislike how I've been waiting for new games in series I like, like Medal of Honor and Half-Life for example, only to find out the newest games are VR only.

As dumb as it sounds, I don't mind using passwords to save in older games. Looking at how some of my Game Boy games no longer save due to the battery inside the cart, at least passwords give me the option to continue my progress later on when I'm playing an older game.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

kkslider5552000

steve_mcsteve wrote:

who just whines about everything.

There's an entire chapter about her trying her best to reasonably deal with a hotel manager and go along with him and even essentially do his work despite him completely ignoring her wishes. She tries to be kind and doesn't complain to him during the entire trip through the hotel. It takes a manifestation of her other self for him to get told off and for progress to be made.

steve_mcsteve wrote:

I never felt that she overcame anything on her own and instead felt like I was doing everything for her.

Because you're controlling her. Her actions are yours and...vice versa. That's how controllable video game characters work.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Cotillion

Sunsy wrote:

I really dislike how I've been waiting for new games in series I like, like Medal of Honor and Half-Life for example, only to find out the newest games are VR only.

This was maddening for Half-Life. Waited so long for a new one, even if it wasn't HL3, only to have it exclusive to VR.

Cotillion

steve_mcsteve

@kkslider5552000 my problem with the story is that she has almost no agency aside from those sections at the end where she achieves self actualization and flies around on her own, outside of your control. Everything else someone else does for her, and you have to get her to that point. Like I get thats how videogames work, but that was her whole reason to climb the mountain in the first place.

steve_mcsteve

NEStalgia

@Anti-Matter yeah, though in a sense, resetti is another example of a "store" that's been streamlined into a menu interface. He's still kind of there in concept, via the fact that you can't use cloud saves and have to call Nintendo and beg to restore a save. It's the same concept of nintendo telling you how you're going to load your game, except instead of a cute animal and reset screen, you just get a customer service website and call center.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Shadowthrone I guess you could say Half-Life

(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Has a half-life.

NEStalgia

kkslider5552000

steve_mcsteve wrote:

Everything else someone else does for her, and you have to get her to that point. Like I get thats how videogames work, but that was her whole reason to climb the mountain in the first place.

Honestly it sounds like you shouldn't play games for the narrative where the narrative relies on the player controlled character, and thus your actions are the character's actions. This is one of the games in particular where that mindset is vital to how the narrative is told.

I mean, that's fine, but at that point, fundamentally what its going for is just not for you.

steve_mcsteve

@kkslider5552000 games where "the narrative relies on the player controlled character" is like 98% of videogames with stories in them. If you mean games where the main character isnt just a blank slate, I dont usually have a problem empathizing with the main character. I just think Celeste has a serious problem with ludonarrative dissonance and is tremendously overrated, thus my post in the unpopular opinions thread.

steve_mcsteve

kkslider5552000

tbh, I genuinely don't understand what you're talking about. Like I tried, but it honestly sounds like you're talking about a different narrative that I did not experience or are fundamentally against how the story was told when how the story was told was why it resonated with people.

And quite frankly I'm not really interested in a giant elaborate explanation, and I assume you aren't either. I don't like debate. So I'll just say, I fundamentally disagree, as much as possible. There are very few stories in gaming that have ever worked for me personally as well as this one did and was also done in a way that it was obvious even IF I didn't feel it, I would get its absurd critical acclaim.

Sorry.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic