Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 7,241 to 7,260 of 12,088

Anti-Matter

I never like soccer so i do not even bothering any soccer games and any games with soccer references on it.
Even on ACNH, if got soccer stuffs from my villagers, i will immediately throw to the trash bin.
I will never want to touch soccer mini game from Sport party game compilation such as Tokyo 2020 or any games with soccer mini game on it.
It was my strong statement I DO NOT LIKE SOCCER AT ALL

Anti-Matter

Blooper987

@Anti-Matter might I ask why you dislike soccer (for all you Europeans football šŸ˜‰) so strongly?

Edited on by Blooper987

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Anti-Matter

@Blooper987
Well, by my personal opinion, soccer is too ghetto sport in my eyes, i never like the euphoria of soccer. The goal celebration, the hooligans, the outfits, the gambling inside the over popular sport, just made me turned off. The sport itself is very boring and oftenly have numerous of scandals and anarchy during the match.
When i draw Sport icons for my drawing, i will draw a pair of Boxing gloves or Baseball bat + gloves + the ball instead. No Soccer allowed.

I have very strong interest with Boxing, Kickboxing and K-1 as you can see my avatar. Have some interest with Karate and Judo, also like the outfits as well. But i ban UFC or any MMA sport with brutal way of fighting inside cage instead of standard ring. Never like wrestling despite it has ring too. I do not even like wrestler costumes and non six pack bodies, even i am not interested by muscular wrestler like John Cena or the Rock. The way of wrestling fight was completely stupid for me.

For team sports, i have quite interest with Baseball as the sport is very popular in Japan but completely dead in my country Indonesia. I like the outfits especially Baseball cap as my favorite sport fashion item. I prefer short sleeve + long pants covered by the socks as the best looking Baseball player outfits.

I do not like Basketball too for being too mainstream but basketball looks more elegant than soccer and it played very fast to get a score. I like the Basketball shoes but do not like the game.

If i give scores of my worst sports, soccer is 0/10, basketball is 1/10.
Yeah, i still give 1 from 10 because at least i wear Basketball shoes and display Basketball ring on my ACNH.

For average sports, Baseball is 5/10, Judo or Karate is 6/10. And for my Top 3 sports, swimming is 8/10, Boxing or Kickboxing or K-1 is 9/10, Bodybuilding is 10/10.

Yeah, i really LOVE bodybuilding contest.
I really adore six pack body.
I have ever watched the local bodybuilding contest in my hometown by my naked eyes, even i took a lot of photos on it.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Blooper987

@Anti-Matter I think I see where youā€™re coming from. My opinion is probably the opposite of yours thoughšŸ˜‚. I love soccer and have played it almost my entire life. I also think the sport makes for entertaining video games.

Edited on by Blooper987

kkslider5552000

Rexenoboy wrote:

I never understood the gaming industry's obsession with graphics. Countless times has it been proven that the general public doesn't care which console is the most powerful. PS1 won over N64, Wii won over PS3,...

My theory is that at the time graphical differences were enough back in the day that marketing based on them made sense at least and there are actual gamers too obsessed with graphics. But mostly nowadays, it just feels like an excuse to justify having an obnoxiously large budget or justifying a new console maybe. These companies want to justify it, and people want to justify their jobs, and occasionally use it to hire more people (let's be fair and ignore the companies who fire people after seemingly every major project is complete). It's all justification, with not a ton of actual reason at its core.

I'll give Square Enix this, they feel like maybe the only ones left who try to push graphics for the art of it rather than purely money. I have some level of respect for the attempt at least.

Rexenoboy wrote:

Which game do you think will be the more pleasant to look at 20 years from now: The Last of Us 2 or Super Mario Odyssey? I'm putting my money on the latter.

I have a more interesting question. Will Last of Us 2 even look old in 20 years? Like will graphics even advance that much?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Euler

Doubtful. Iwata (RIP) and Reggie knew back in 2004 that the graphics are only going to get marginally better and that they're not the be-all and end-all. And if you look at the difference in graphics from NES -> SNES -> N64 -> GCN -> Wii -> Wii U -> Switch, the GameCube was the last huge improvement. After that they get smaller and smaller each time. In every attribute, there is an upper bound on what the human visual system is even able to process.

Euler

kkslider5552000

Minecraft's unrivaled success should've been the end of it tbh.

Now I just remembered that one major reason is probably consoles and anyone selling gaming PCs needing to justify newer machines and there being a relationship between companies to make games to showcase those machines.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Anti-Matter

@kkslider5552000
Honestly, i don't even like Minecraft at all.
But the clones with much better graphics such as Portal Knights, Dragon Quest Builders 1 & 2 made me overhyped.

Anti-Matter

Blooper987

Thought Iā€™lld make a list on some of my unpopular opinions.

• New Leaf is better in almost every way compared to New Horizons
  • The gameplay of Smash 4 is the best in the entire series
  • Graphics donā€™t matter in games. If itā€™s fun good, Iā€™ll almost never judge a game by looks.
  • Minecraft is one of the worst games that has gotten popular. Itā€™s bad for the industry.
  • There arenā€™t too many Fire Emblem characters in smash. Two are clones one is a semi-clone and Fire Emblem is all about characters.
  • I really donā€™t like Dead Cells
  • Amiibo are probably the worst toys to life things ever.

Anti-Matter

@Blooper987
Between ACNL and ACNH, in term of game features, ACNH is much better than ACNL (Terraforming, Outdoor furnitures, Villagers will not move out by themself without permission, Outfits for villagers, No yelling Resetti, No stupid questions before starting the new game, etc)
The only minus from ACNH are the lack of some special animals such as Copper, Booker, Katrina, Franklin, etc as they are the part of seasonal updates to avoid spoilers.
Overall, i prefer ACNH than ACNL after playing for straight 53 days in a row.
If i rated ACNL = 89/100, ACNH = 99/100.

Anti-Matter

porto

@Blooper987

• I havenā€™t played New Horizons yet, but itā€™s hard to believe itā€™s better then the masterpiece that was New Leaf
  • I havenā€™t played any smash game šŸ˜‚ I need to get to it someday.
  • I care a good deal about graphics, just because I donā€™t want it to be an eyesore the whole time. But if it looks decent Iā€™d play it.
  • I love Minecraft personally. Itā€™s Overated but very fun. Fortnite on the other hand...
  • yeah Iā€™d have to agree. There are a lot of cool characters that would go well with Smash. Well, at least from what Iā€™ve heard that is.
  • I really like dead cells
  • Totaly agree. Expensive cheap ā€œcollectorsā€ items. Cause thatā€™s basically what they are. They do nothing for games.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@Apportal
"They do nothing for games."

Amiibo is my life safer, especially ACNH.
I can get specific villagers i want without wasting time for searching or wasting Nook Mile Tickets.
But for the new villagers on ACNH (Raymond, Sherb, etc), i have to find them by myself.

Anti-Matter

Euler

@Blooper987

• Smash 4 is an excellent game, but what makes you say it's better than any of the others?
  • I think the problem most people have with Fire Emblem is that it's overrepresented relative to how popular the series actually is, and most of the characters are one-hit wonders in a game that's supposedly about all-stars. I'd still take them over Playstation-exclusive characters though.

Euler

Rexenoboy

@kkslider5552000
I don't know, 20 years is a long time. I remember when the first HD consoles were released people said graphics weren't going to get any better but they certainly did, although much slower than they used to like you pointed out.

At first glance, games from PS5 might not look that different from those on PS3, but if you compare them side by side you'll definitely notice how much things have changed still.

Anyway, I agree with everything else you said. It's mostly to justify budgets because advancements in graphics hardly ever increase gameplay anymore.

Treasure Acquired

NEStalgia

@Blooper987
New Leaf is better in almost every way compared to New Horizons

10000% agree (though @Anti-Matter makes some good points about QoL improvements in NH in some areas, though some QoL killers in others...)

Minecraft is one of the worst games that has gotten popular. Itā€™s bad for the industry.

Also agree! I still do not understand the appeal of that game....or GTAV.

I really donā€™t like Dead Cells

Once again, agree!

NEStalgia

TheFrenchiestFry

@Zuljaras Splatoon was fun for like 2 or 3 months

I only ever get back into it for Splatfests and literally nothing else now

It just doesn't have the appealing replayability of a Smash game for me

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Cotillion

@Blooper987 @NEStalgia
What's wrong with Minecraft that it's bad for the industry?
Granted, I haven't played much of it, but from what I've seen my kids play, it's basically LEGOs in a virtual world? They get creative in building with a lot of freedom; caves, castles, houses and so on. Or is there some other aspect of it that I haven't seen?

Cotillion

shazbot

@NEStalgia @Blooper987

I'm curious, when you say you don't like Dead Cells: is it the case that you don't appreciate the gameplay loop, but can recognize the general quality / polish of the game, or is it that you think it's a bad game?

The reason I ask is that with the Hades Switch announcement I was commenting on Supergiant's output. I loved Bastion, and didn't enjoy / like Transistor, but I recognized its quality so I'm still excited for Hades.

Curious where you fall on that question.

To original topic (and happy to elaborate if asked):

• Online multiplayer against randoms is INCREDIBLY overrated
  • Twitch / Discord are anathema to me
  • PC master race is really a $$$ master race statement
  • Animal Crossing's gameplay loop sucks (I will clarify that I don't mean that objectively, just for me)
  • Most retro 'classics' aren't fun

shazbot

Anti-Matter

@shazbot
I got addicted by ACNH.
I didn't play any games but ACNH for 55 days in a row.
The game will be fun for peoples who have sense of design and peoples who like take opportunity by exploiting the trivial things.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic