Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 7,081 to 7,092 of 7,092

Woomy_NNYes

@MarcusIsCool
"Gamers shouldn't play multple consoles, just one console at a time"
heh, I love it! One of the more amusing unpopular gaming opinions.

Splatoon 2 - Usually play turf war, sometimes salmon run.
FC:
SW-5453-2229-5124 (level 97 & all other games)
SW-2689-6138-5686 (level 33 my 2nd splatoon profile)
Usr:Anderiah
eastern US.
Cough! (patiently waiting for A Hat in Time)

RedderRugfish

I actually like the N64 controller and have no idea why it's so hated other than the weird looks. It's big and the handles are ergonomic. The D Pad is good and pretty much the same as the SNES D Pad. The 3 pronged design means that you can hold it differently depending on if you're using the D Pad or control stick, and it's comfy and works equally well either way. The control stick is very smooth and sensitive when it's been properly restored (which isn't hard to do).

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Heavyarms55

@RedderRugfish I completely agree. I had no idea how unpopular it was before I started visiting sites like this one and watching retro gaming YouTube channels. I considered the controller revolutionary when I first used it as a kid and the only real complaint I have with it is that the joystick was prone to breaking from heavy use. But like you said, it can be repaired.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me

Ralizah

MarcusIsCool wrote:

Gamers shouldn’t play multiple consoles, just one console at a time.

What a strange opinion. May I ask why you feel that way?

Ralizah

Snaplocket

The n64 controller did not age well. Awkward to hold, buttons in weird places and a control stick that's just plastic make playing games a little uncomfortable.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

Sadist

Oh sweet

• The Elder Scrolls-series is absolutely terrible. With its ho-hum and generic western fantasy setting, clunky battle system and just overal boring world its one of the worst bigger series right now. I can understand why others would like it, but for me I just can't say anything nice about it.
  • The Wii is one of the best consoles Nintendo ever produced. Wah wah, casually grannies liking Wii Fit, who cares? It has some great games from Nintendo themselves like the Galaxy titles, Xenoblade, Metroid Prime 3, Skyward Sword, Sin & Punishment 2 and others; even with third parties treating the system they way they did, it has some absolute gems, like the last good Silent Hill game (Shattered Memories), the best cross over fighter (Tatsunoku vs. Capcom), a vast array of nice platformers (Klonoa, a Boy and his Blob for example) and hell, even the rail shooters like Ghost Squad, Dead Space Extraction, House of the Dead Overkill and the Resident Evil ones are fun.
  • The hate for Metroid Other M was blown out of proportion. It wasn't the best Metroid title, I think we all agree on that, but as an action romp it is quite enjoyable.
  • Final Fantasy X is okay at best. Except for Auron and Lulu all of the other characters are boring or not fun. It's super linear and the story... well yeah. I actually prefer X-2 over it. That game did not take itself seriously at all and that made for a fun adventure.
  • On the other hand, Final Fantasy XV is one of the better FF games. There, I said it. While the game has its quirks, I feel the journey of Noctis and the gang is great. Dialogue was stiff at first, but in the end the power of their friendship made the game cool. Battlesystem is simple and that one chapter was a mistake, but overall a cool game to play.
  • Golden Sun is mediocre. I get it, Nintendo did not have (next to Pokemon that is) a more traditional RPG, but the series is extremely by the numbers. I mean its not bad, it just exists. The biggest offender is Dark Dawn, which is so boooooooooring.
  • Resident Evil Code Veronica X is the worst tradtional RE. Over Zero, yes. We get the creapy Ashford twins, but the game felt like a step back compared to RE 3 Nemesis. And the latter was the spin-off!

Sadist

RedderRugfish

@Sadist I agree Golden Sun is pretty by the numbers (and the story kind of sucks), but I still really enjoyed it because the overall package was solid and polished. The battle system was balanced and I liked exploring the dungeons. The fact that the graphics and music were some of the GBA's best were a nice touch.

I agree with you about the Wii, except for Other M. I got it on sale back in the day and went in with a pretty open mind since I wasn't very attached to the Metroid series and I didn't know how mixed the game's reception was. I still didn't really like it. But other than that I think the Wii is Nintendo's most underrated console because it had so many great games and yet people only remember it for the motion control gimmick.

Haywired

I don't have a problem with companies like Nintendo protecting their Intellectual Property and taking a hard line against Youtube channels or fan-made projects, etc. that infringe on their copyright. I know whenever such a news story appears (of say a fan-made Nintendo game getting shut down) I'm supposed to be all like "Boooo! Oh Nintendo you !" but I think a lot of people nowadays wrongly assume that living in the internet age means that we now live in a lawless age where they can do whatever they want online without any repercussions, but that's not the case.

Edited on by StableInvadeel

Haywired

XBontendo

I love complaining! let's do this.

• Earthbound isn't fun. I've tried so hard to get into this game so many times, but I just don't understand the appeal. The story is weird, for sure, but not great. The visuals & battles are clunky at best. I still feel I must be missing something because it's just so meh.
  • Okami, don't like that either. Basically the same comments from Earthbound apply here.
  • Final Fantasy VII's gameplay is & always has been objectively bad. The materia level up in such a bizarre way. You basically need to completely rework everything whenever you switch party members, which shouldn't be needed. The enemy skill materia was executed so poorly it's frustrating. And the fact that characters level outside of use, but their Limits don't is just a poor choice. All or nothing, it punishes you for not using certain characters, but makes it a chore to switch them in & out. The story is fine, but combat & leveling is among the worst of any RPG I have played.
  • I liked the Wii U a lot. I traded in my PS4 for a Wii U and had a lot more fun with what Nintendo had to offer. Wii U was great & under-appreciated.

EDIT: * Castlevania II is my favourite NES Castlevania. I thought the RPG elements were great. Could I beat it 25ish years ago? Of course not, but without question I had the most fun. Exploring? Finding new whips? Heck yeah. It basically tried to do the whole Metroidvania bit before the series fully made the jump.

Edited on by XBontendo

XBox id: owendershot | Switch friend code: I don't remember, these codes are crazy, I'll check later.

Dogorilla

To be honest I don't entirely get why Earthbound is so revered either. I liked it generally - the battle system had some nice ideas such as the rolling HP system, I like the visual style and most of the music, and I'm sure the modern suburban setting was very original for an early 90s RPG - but the story was pretty lacking and the battles felt a bit dull after a while. I'd give it a solid 7.5/10 but I don't understand why people say it's one of the best RPGs ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NCyD3XoJgM

RedderRugfish

I've always kind of felt that fans of Earthbound usually aren't people who are fans of RPGs. When you boil it down, it's basically a carbon copy of a Dragon Quest game but with worse gameplay and weirder dialog. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game enough to beat it once and think that mechanically it's stronger than some other RPGs from the time (cough Breath of Fire cough), but I think it just gets too much hype.

XBontendo

@RedderRugfish Maybe you're right. To be fair, BoF 2 was one of my favourite RPGs at the time, so as an RPG fan maybe it just didn't click.

XBox id: owendershot | Switch friend code: I don't remember, these codes are crazy, I'll check later.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic