Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 7,041 to 7,060 of 12,088

RainbowGazelle

Here's a triple whammy for you. Probably my 3 most unpopular gaming opinions.

1. Skyward Sword is the best Zelda.
2. Mario Kart sucks.
3. The Wii U is better than the Switch.

No, I'm not trolling. I genuinely don't troll.

"Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind."

Nintendo Network ID: RainbowGazelle | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@RainbowGazelle
LOL
Saying Switch was suck than Wii U was a clear trolling statement.
Enjoy your very limited games library on Wii U while i keep digging Animal Crossing New Horizons on Switch for more than 170 hours.

Oh, btw. You can turn off the items on Mario Kart so saying it was suck = you cannot play the games at all.

Anti-Matter

Losermagnet

I don't get Luigi's Mansion. Any of them. I've played all 3 to completion, but I'm not even sure what kind of game they are. It feels like I'm always dragging Luigi from point A to point B, with little to no challenge. The set dressing is wonderful, but the playing the games always leaves me with this sensation of "why bother?".

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Ralizah

@RainbowGazelle I could see liking the Wii U more. I mean, I very much don't, but it's a much better legacy Nintendo system, for one thing. And a lot of the Switch's appeal is reduced if you're not impressed with the hybrid functionality of the system.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Wargoose

@RainbowGazelle
Skyward Sword is my favourite Zelda in terms of dungeons and characters. I don't think the artstyle for the world is as good as it could have been.
Mario Kart is great fun
The Wii U is an amazing legacy console,so far I've enjoyed the first party games on Wii U more than the new Switch 1st party offerings.

Wargoose

RainbowGazelle

@Anti-Matter How about try to remember this is an opinions thread. These are my opinions. Stop being nasty.

Plus, I said the Wii U is better than Switch, not that the Switch is bad. I still enjoy the Switch, just not as much. It will help to read comments next time.

@Ralizah @Wargoose Yeah, the Wii U is a good legacy console. I also loved the gamepad use when it was done well in games. The Wii U didn't have as many good games as I would have liked, but it had such great potential.

Edited on by RainbowGazelle

"Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind."

Nintendo Network ID: RainbowGazelle | Twitter:

iKhan

@Wargoose

Skyward Sword has great characters on paper, but IMO, it's really hampered by it's pacing and story, and unfortunately I feel that brings down the characters with it at points. In every other 3D Zelda game, the world feels a bit more alive to me, because the central conflict of the world has affected the side characters, and so the side quests (and story quests) often have something to do with taking a break from your world-saving mission to help people. This makes the world feel a bit more dynamic, IMO, and it helps me care about the characters. Even in BOTW, I appreciated actually reading about character stories in the sidequests.

In Skyward Sword both the side quests and story quests were largely detached from the central conflict, so despite everything there was to do in Skyloft, and how well realized it was, it felt like a separate bubble from my own quest, and even if that was intentional, it led me to not really care.

The Wii U is literally the only Nintendo home console I haven't owned in my life time. A big part of that is simply that I don't care for 2D platformers at all. It's there with first person shooters as one of my least favorite genres. When you strip out the 2D platformers, the already light first party lineup becomes even more scant, so it was quite hard to justify a purchase. Thinking back, I think the games I would have ended up picking up would be limited to Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, The Wonderful 101, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and MAYBE Smash Bros, though I probably would have settled for the 3DS version.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

kkslider5552000

I agree with the pacing, but I felt the sidequests in Skyward Sword were very good and...honestly I don't remember most Zelda sidequests being super relevant to the main conflict too much (barring a couple of obvious examples, like OOT's time skip and Majora's Mask in general). I mean, I guess there is an extra level of separation than usual because of how disconnected Skyloft is to the actual threats in the world.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Euler

Wii U will always have a better Virtual Console than the Switch.

Euler

kkslider5552000

Wii U will always have a better version of Rayman Legends than the Switch.

Wii U will always have a cheaper version of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze than the Switch. :V

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

BruceCM

Wii U will always have a horrible gamepad .... & not be able to play handheld in a similar way

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

klingki

@Euler That's not an unpopular opinion, that's just factual.

klingki

Wargoose

@iKhan Yeah completely valid points. I think I enjoyed skyward sword so much because of the dungeons and the puzzles. There were a lot of 'oh that's clever' moments when compared to Twilight Princess or Breath of the Wild. I also think it added quite a bit to the overall lore.

Wii U had its faults but I enjoyed Smash Bros, Pikmin 3, Mario Kart, Breath of the Wild, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Maiden of Blackwater, Xenoblade X, Splatoon and Bayonetta 2.

So far the Switch has yet to surpass it in terms of new offerings from Nintendo. Luigis Mansion is amazing and Arms was alright, but I'm still waiting for that big game that really grabs me.

Wargoose

dionysos283

I prefer Spyro 1 over Spyro 2.
I love the simplicity of Spyro 1's gameplay and finding secret areas in almost every level just feels magical.
By contrast, Spyro 2 has unnecessary backtracking and pointless mini games. Every mini game is either easy and pointless, or frustratingly difficult.

dionysos283

Ralizah

@kkslider5552000 Yeah, but the Wii U version will never have the New Funky Mode!

You're paying for the quality, friend.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Losermagnet

@dionysos283 I've been playing the Reignited Trio, and I couldn't agree more. Now that there's parity between both games I think the first one is paced better.

Plus, rescuing dragons is so much better than orbs.

Edited on by Losermagnet

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

iKhan

@kkslider5552000

A lot of BOTW's sidequests were tied to the game's post apocalyptic setting, but what you say is true. A lot of Zelda sidequests are pretty trivial. I think the thing that bothered me about SS is that even if they are trivial, I feel a bigger connection to the towns that I save than I feel to Skyloft, which just feels like a sitcom running in the background of an actual story. In Twilight Princess, I actually felt a greater connection to the characters in general, like when I doing the arrow shooting minigame for the kids in Kakariko village.

It's really the main quests in SS that I have a bigger issue with. The best locations in SS are the deserts IMO, and while part of that is just due to great design, they also feel like they have more stakes than any other location.

Speaking of Zelda, here's a doozy. The Oracle games are unequivocally better than Links Awakening. Everything Link's Awakening does, the Oracle games do better, with the exception of story. Even as far as story goes, Oracle of Ages is no slouch, and honestly pushes the story of 2D games further than they had ever been pushed before.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

InZane84

The unpopular opinion I hold is that Metroid Fusion sucks and is not Metroid 4. It doesn't hold a candle to Super Metroid!

InZane84

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic