Nagi

Negative:
-Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum are the worst Main Games in the Series
-Yoshi's Woolly World & Yoshi's Crafted World are rather mediocre
-The New 3DS XL is the worst out of all Modells in the 3DS Family
-A Link to the Past isn't even in my Top 10 Zelda Games

Positive:
-The Minish Cap ist my favorite Zelda Game
-The very first Nintendo DS Modell has the best feeling Controls in the DS Family
-Brawl is better than Melee
-Super Mario Land 2 is my favorite 2D Mario Game

Nagi

Heavyarms55

@Nagi I am really curious why you rank the New 3DS XL below the original 3DS XL or the 2DS XL. I would assume if one didn't like the XL model, they wouldn't like any of them.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me

RedderRugfish

Nagi wrote:

-The very first Nintendo DS Modell has the best feeling Controls in the DS Family

Agree 100%. DS had buttons that were clicky and precise while still being comfortable. DS Lite had mushy and somewhat imprecise controls. DSi had really stiff controls that wore out my thumbs after only a short play session.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Woomy_NNYes

I LOVE Mario Kart 7 & 8 - over 250hrs in them combined.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but now, after playing Crash Team Racing for 80+ hours, going back to Mario Kart 8 felt like a crappy mobile game. I can't believe it. It's like, once you've hung out in a hot tub for a bit, going back into the colder pool feels like garbage.
(EDIT: Should have better explained my point.... When I say 'cheap mobile game', I mean MK8 feels imprecise and sluggish to me now, compared to CTR. CTR is just impressively more snappy and agile.)

Getting 'sacred fire' is a joy. Getting 'ultra sacred fire' is like unhinged, manic, joy. It's sublime.

Edited on by Woomy_NNYes

Splatoon 2 - looking for Prefreshional Salmon Run friends.
FC:
SW-5453-2229-5124 (level 97 & all other games)
SW-2689-6138-5686 (level 33 my 2nd splatoon profile)
Usr:Anderiah
eastern US.
Cough! (patiently waiting for A Hat in Time)

BacklogBlues

Woomy_NNYes wrote:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but now, after playing Crash Team Racing for 80+ hours, Mario Kart 8 feels like some crappy mobile game. I can't believe it. It's like, once you've hung out in a hot tub for a bit, going back into the colder pool feels like garbage.

Getting 'sacred fire' is a joy. Getting 'ultra sacred fire' is like unhinged, manic, joy. It's sublime.

Blasphemy @Woomy_NNYes this is the Unpopular Gaming Opinions Forum but you go to far my friend.

Edited on by BacklogBlues

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
DEUS EX: GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION (PC)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

iKhan

Smash Bros. current online rules approach is far better than For Fun vs. For Glory.

I think the reason it seems like most people dislike it is because the people complaining are the people who always played For Glory, because I'm not sure they understood how much For Fun SUCKED. I'm not a hardcore Smash Bros player, but I do like for my games to have SOME level of skill involved. Winning an all-items on with frequent spawning 4-player 2 minute timed battle on Wily's Castle isn't fun. It feels like winning a coin flip.

I much prefer being able to enjoy Smash online with rules that preserve the fun without becoming completely arbitrary.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

kkslider5552000

Woomy_NNYes wrote:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but now, after playing Crash Team Racing for 80+ hours, Mario Kart 8 feels like some crappy mobile game. I can't believe it. It's like, once you've hung out in a hot tub for a bit, going back into the colder pool feels like garbage.
(EDIT: Should have better explained my point.... When I say 'cheap mobile game', I mean MK8 feels imprecise and sluggish to me now, compared to CTR. CTR is just impressively more snappy and agile.)

I'm not disagreeing with the idea that CTR is better since I haven't played it, but its absurd how anyone could play Mario Kart 8 and even imply its imprecise or sluggish. Doubly so since I remember how the early Mario Karts play by comparison.

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play, please watch and enjoy!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

LzWinky

I smell a supporter of Activision’s surprise microtransactions!

Current games: Dragon Quest Builders 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Sunsy

Thought of some more of my unpopular opinions...

Thinking about the game last night, Shadow the Hedgehog still had its fun moments, even if it was dark for a Sonic series game. Kind of in the mood to play it again.

I sometimes enjoy spin-off games more than the mainline games in any series I like. Like Mario Kart over something like Super Mario Odyssey, for lack of a better example.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is really one underrated/overlooked Wii U game, and I enjoy it every time I play it.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

BougieBeetle

Here's an unpopular opinion: I actually have a real fondness for Gex: Enter the Gecko and Gex: Deep Cover Gecko, despite their many flaws. We actually discussed this on my podcast this week. The gameplay has some serious problems and I hate the way collectibles were handled in DCG, but the one-liners still crack me up (even though they're outdated) and I love the playful, tongue-in-cheek theme and art design. I would kill for a modern sequel or remaster.

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

Anti-Matter

DDR is far better than Rhythm Heaven or Taiko no Tatsujin.
I can get addicted to play DDR all day long.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Arkay

I enjoyed Brawl much more than Melee and Smash4. Ultimate finally dethroned Brawl.
Shadow The Hedgehog was fun for its time.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was a MAJOR letdown. I went in expecting to get hooked like the original on the Wii but nope, it drags on and on. Lets not even get started on the horrible character designs and cheesy dialogue.
I'm hoping they rerelease the original with HD touchups on the Switch someday.

Edited on by Arkay

Arkay

RazorWind

1. I like the 3D Sonics more than the 2D ones. They feel slippery and clunky, and watching other people play them is about as painful as trying to play them myself. Not that the 3D Sonics are much better, but I still had more fun with Sonic Adventure and Shadow than the ones in the Genesis collection.

2. Donkey Kong 64 is a fantastic game and I'd buy an eshop port the second it went up. 3D collectathons in general are still great fun.

Edited on by RazorWind

RazorWind

kkslider5552000

its been ages so i went to see what i originally wrote in this thread. i was pretty brutal, i even shocked myself

kkslider5552000 wrote:

-the more aggressive defenders of Other M should go to a creative writing class and then apologize to people

this is the best thing i've ever written lol

though to actually try to add to the thread, people mad about the new pokemon should try the many RPGs that actually care about story instead. As much as I like Pokemon, I feel less and less that "you can catch monsters to fight for you" is reason alone to play it over other games in the genre.

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play, please watch and enjoy!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Dev893

1. Donkey Kong Country 3 is excellent, just like the other two. I almost like it as much as 2, if not even more so.
2. Yoshi’s Story is a good, little game. It’s little, but trying to collect things in each stage can be surprisingly lengthy, and the music is classic.
3. Donkey Kong 64 is very good. Not Banjo-Kazooie good, but still. 3D collectathons are fun.
4. I like Banjo-Tooie more than Kazooie. Despite the slower FPS, Tooie improves on Kazooie in almost every way.
5. Star Fox Adventures is a good game. You just have to judge it on its own and not as a traditional Star Fox.
6. I like the original “phat” DS and had no problems with it whatsoever.
7. I enjoyed Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time. Sure, the game is very linear and rather dark by Mario standards, but it had great battles, music, and funny moments like the other games.
8. Wii Music is a good game. People shouldn’t let a terrible E3 presentation tarnish the game itself. Making music videos was fun. I loved the Mii Maestro minigame in particular. I thought seeing all of my Miis playing in an orchestra or choir was so cool!
9. Smash Bros. Brawl is better than Melee, but Ultimate is the best.
10. Yoshi’s New Island isn’t THAT bad. Woolly World and Crafted World are certainly better, but with New Island, you just need the right approach.

Dev893

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | My Nintendo: Dev

HobbitGamer

I bought Sonic Forces last year on Switch and enjoyed it.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

DenDen

Bloodstained could be my top game of this year game is so freaking good!!!!

Top 10 games
1 secret of mana
2 majoras mask
3 breath of the Wild
4 final fantasy 9
5 Octopath traveler
6 Lufia II
7 super mario world
8 bravely default
9 pikmin 2
10 Diddy kong racing

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

RedderRugfish

Donkey Kong Country 2 is the worst out of the 3. Mainly because it tries way too hard to make every level different, meaning that you have to learn tons of gimmicky mechanics that often only show up for one level, and it also means more of the meh levels like swimming levels instead of primarily sticking to the core platforming levels that are the most fun.

Dev893 wrote:

8. Wii Music is a good game. People shouldn’t let a terrible E3 presentation tarnish the game itself. Making music videos was fun. I loved the Mii Maestro minigame in particular. I thought seeing all of my Miis playing in an orchestra or choir was so cool!

Agree 100%, I've had so much silly fun playing Wii Music over the years. I've found that it's a pretty divisive game, many people who I've played it with either loved it or hated it.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

SamusLv7

RazorWind wrote:

2. Donkey Kong 64 is a fantastic game and I'd buy an eshop port the second it went up. 3D collectathons in general are still great fun.

Same here. I even enjoyed the music and since I didn't played Banjo because I was that child that rarely try new things, I see DK 64 music as a Mario 64 case, where they put new music since it was a 3D game instead of a 2D one.

As for the unpopular opinion (which I almost forgot 😅), I like Spyro more than Crash. I finally played Crash Trilogy (Switch) a month ago thanks to a causing who brought Crash so we could both play. While I like the challenges and that the characters are funny, I still like Spyro more despite barely playing their games since I only played on the PS1 of another familiar and they rarely let me play it.

Edited on by SamusLv7

Now playing:
Zelda BotW, Mario Odyssey, Octopath Traveler, Bravely Default, Yooka-Laylee, Bravely Second, Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (SNES N3DS), Megaman ZX, Mario + Rabbits Kingdom Battle.

Anti-Matter

Chibi form, Cute looking, Colorful graphics and Appropriate for Kids / Teens are my criterias for Instant Buy games.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic