Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 7,001 to 7,020 of 12,088

MsJubilee

Losermagnet wrote:

Eh, I know all I want to know about FPS'.

But what you mentioned may be the reason I don't like fighting games. Never good at them, never cared to "git gud". To fighting games I say "git accessible".

Fighting games are accessible, especially the ones releasing that are of late. But, you need to put in time and effort. You can't think just to pick up the game and just start winning right off the bat. If you want that braindead type gameplay, pick up DBZ FighterZ or Blaze Blue Cross Tag Battle. But everything else? You need to put in the time.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

BenRK

Unpopular opinion. Gamer "pros" ruin video games.

Games like Star Craft come to mind. From everything I can tell, matches between two expert Star Craft players, the winner is the one who can execute the build order the fastest. That... how is that fun? The most fun I've had in Star Craft was going up against people of similar skill as me. I am no expert. I play casually, I'm not going to win contests or whatever. But going up against people who I can throw punches against, sometimes win, sometimes lose, end up doing silly strategies... that's fun. I can't tell you how fun it is strolling out with a 50+ siege tank wall in an 8 player free for all and freaking people out and everyone laughing.

Same goes for [insert popular game here]! The pros at [insert popular game here] like to complain about everything, and when [company that made popular game] makes any changes, they complain even more, saying [popular game] is dead and they hate playing against other pros. I can't stand playing games with people like that. They make [popular game] unfun and cause people to quit. And no, get gud isn't going to happen when I have a full time job and use the game as a means of playing with friends. I'm not going to dedicate time into getting "better" at something when the end result is losing the fun a game is supposed to give you.

BenRK

Anti-Matter

Para Para Paradise is much better than Just Dance.
Eurobeat songs make it better.

Anti-Matter

diwdiws

@BenRK if you think winning in starcraft means a race for your build order, then you are a casual. Its not a race. Its about perfecting your mechanics, scouting, picking the right build order and adapting your build depending on the situation, managing your economy and getting good at micro

diwdiws

BenRK

@diwdiws Explain to me how what you said was not just a more complicated "get the right build order to win" explanation?

BenRK

diwdiws

@BenRK because build orders dont always win matches. What if the other player proxy you. You drop your build order. Micro like hell and stop the proxy. Or when you scout that he is massing roaches, do you expand to another CC or do you adapt? Do you saturate your bases with workers? Do you efficiently use your economy and not wasting it by banking it. Do you properly position your units in a fight? Do you know the range And health of units to juggle them During clashes? Scouting, micro and adapting is as important as a good build.

Edited on by diwdiws

diwdiws

diwdiws

@BenRK also in the pro level, their mechanics are perfect, they can execute build perfectly by the second. So a 2 raks build between 2 terran pros will finish exactly at the same time. So what wins The match? Its how they harass, make efficient trades, and how to transition to late game if all is still equal.

diwdiws

diwdiws

@BenRK a good example is the Korean Pro Maru, He is known to open using a 2 Raks proxy build, when that build is countered he is in a massive disadvantage since he is late in his production so he usually switches to a mech build but he is still at a disadvantage at this point. YET he consistently wins despite the disadvantage he gets when his opening proxy is denied. So its not a race, he wins by micro and efficient trades which gives him the opportunity to out expand the opponent eventually.

diwdiws

Buizel

I generally prefer standard plastic cases to steel books.

That said, I like it when you get a steel sleeve that can slip onto the standard case (the Odin Sphere Leifthrasir one is great).

At least 2'8".

porto

@Tasuki so you have chosen... death

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

BenRK

@diwdiws I'm terrible at explaining things, but that is exactly what I mean when I say pros ruin games. How the heck is any of that fun? People are doing the exact same thing every game. When you're expected to have x number of workers by minute 1 and play in y style and change to build 2 when your opponent is slightly faster then you and it's the same build 2 every time...

Star Craft may not have been my best example. At the very least I don't go up against a pro in a random match unlike some other games. But as a whole, "pros" ruin games. The "pros" that complain about people not playing perfectly and telling everyone to "get gud" instead of offering advice and then complaining at the company making the game after a balance patch to make the game more fun for everyone...

BenRK

Losermagnet

@MsJubilee I was thinking of trying DBZ Fighter Z at some point, being a fan. Glad to know it's more on the "braindead" side of fighters.

This is really my problem with a large portion of video games: I think competitive video games are pointless. To spend so much time and effort just to be able to play at a competitive level, it would really sap the joy out of the experience for me. And for what, bragging rights? Screw that. I refuse to play by those rules. I need my video games to not be work.

If you dig fighters, thats fine. I play some board and card games where the goal is to defeat your opponent. So, while fundamentally different, I can see why someone else would respond to that kind of structure.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

diwdiws

@BenRK hmm thats competition? In a competitive setting winning is fun? Why play in the ladder when you wont even compete? If you just want to relax and just do your own thing then fight the CPU or a buddy? people compete using effective methods, they copy the pros because it wins games, thats why metas are formed, if your not using the meta the go for it, and if you win then good for you.

No one is taking away your fun. Just dont expect people to have The same idea of fun the same way you do.

diwdiws

jump

kkslider5552000 wrote:

i think my main unpopular opinion nowadays is that on average, people getting mad at video games is exhausting and embarrassing

its kinda why ive tried not to talk about the current direction of paper mario too much, because at some point its just not fun to complain

doubly so people getting mad at others' opinion of a video game, who cares

like is the world not miserable enough? guess not, screw you for liking a game that looks really mediocre to me, which im sure in 2020 is the worst thing a person has done or said

Yeah I was thinking something similar the other day. I see it more as when was it no longer the norm for gamers to actually talk about what you're playing and enjoying to just complaining.

Maybe it's because there's too many games so people expect only perfection/exactly what they want or maybe they are all miserable sods who find it easier to complain than find enthusiasm. Who knows.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

BenRK

@diwdiws I'm clearly not getting what I mean across. I'll come back to this when I can figure out how better to get across what I'm trying to say.

BenRK

NEStalgia

Unpopular opinion: Daemon X Machina is actually a fantastic game, and a fantastic Mech game! (@Heavyarms55). It's no MechWarrior 2.....but no mech game will ever be the Activision/FASA games, or even the Microprose/Zipper MW3. . They are unparalleled and always shall be. Bit I went into the game with a very "Battletech" view on what a mech game should be. Big, slow, heavy hulks and lots of intricate controls, and didn't let myself have a Gundam view of fast, nimble, flight-focused exosuits. But the more I play it the better the game seems, and it's picking up a lot of that MW2 feel of loadout and mission thinking. It's actually the game I hoped it was all along, but somehow didn't see it the first time I tried the demo.

@MsJubilee Someone hasn't tried to play BB:CTB online....

@diwdiws I can't help but feel you've just helped make @BenRK 's point for him....

NEStalgia

kkslider5552000

I feel so bad for Daemon X Machina. They should've just delayed it to early 2020, it got seriously ignored because of everything else coming out at the same time.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Heavyarms55

@NEStalgia I haven't played the game myself beyond the demo. I did not mind the gameplay but the utter lack of interesting characters or world building in the demo just did not draw me in. Glad you enjoy it though.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

NEStalgia

@Heavyarms55 i doubt the story ever gets "good", it's a mech game. But it does get more interesting world building and arc wise I'm the first real chapter. But a mech game is all about the combat, hard points, and ambiance

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic