Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 6,981 to 7,000 of 12,088

Losermagnet

@Krull Yeah it's not really an unpopular opinion here - but I am really happy about that. I guess I went off on a tangent.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

BabyYoda71

Yes, let’s all just play the games we want! We don’t need to criticize anybody!

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

MsJubilee

The hate for FPS games enthralls me to this forum. Must because of people have played poorly made shooters. Or barely played any at all.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Losermagnet

Eh, I know all I want to know about FPS'.

But what you mentioned may be the reason I don't like fighting games. Never good at them, never cared to "git gud". To fighting games I say "git accessible".

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

NotTelevision

In recent years FPS games have had an increasingly poor reputation mainly because of lackluster COD campaigns, Battlefield’s lack of innovation, and the crappiness of games like Homefront: The Revolution.

But the recent Wolfensteins, Dooms, and Titanfall 2 prove that their is still life in single player FPS campaigns.

It’s kind of a dying breed though.

NotTelevision

darkfenrir

Meanwhile, while I wanted to try up FPS, I always end up with motion sickness (even just playing Danganronpa with no bobbing is so terrible bleh). Plus I suck at the accuracy and speed FPS seems to demand (tried up one Deus Ex game a bit but didn't manage to get anywhere at it because of motion sickness and gameplay just doesn't interest me)

darkfenrir

Toy_Link

The Master System was not some miracle tech compared to the NES. Newer hardware is going to better than 2 years+ older hardware, duh

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

BenRK

Unpopular opinion, there is no point in running a CONSOLE game above 1080p, and PC games probably don't need to go higher then 1440p, all because of where people sit when playing them. 4k is easily the point of diminishing returns for all applications. If you have a cellphone that can change its screen resolution, turn the screen down to 720p and just use it for a few days. You wont be able to see a difference in nearly anything due to how small the screen is. Heck, you may even see an improved battery life! But that's besides the point.

Sitting on the couch a good 6-10 feet away from a decent TV, you wont see a difference between 1080p and 4k. Stick your eyeballs right up against the screen, sure, but no one is playing games like that. No one can play games like that. And if you can, record it and post it on YouTube instead of arguing with some random guy in their early 30s about it.

PC gaming you sit closer to the screen, so you will see the higher resolution, but the only times I've seen a difference between 4k and 1440p was in a web browser and not a video game. 4k in this regard is great for productivity, but shooting up demons in DOOM or whatever, you're not going to be paying attention to the resolution.

But other then all of that, who cares? You enjoy wasting money and playing games at meh graphics settings in 4k? Go for it. Again, don't let this guy in their early 30s stop you from having fun. Just don't act superior because you spent more money on something that is basically pointless.

LONG STORY SHORT! DIGIMON IS BETTER THEN POKEMON!

BenRK

Krull

@BenRK I’m sorry - your opinion isn’t unpopular enough! I completely agree. The resolution wars are a classic case of technology companies deciding what the consumer should want, simply so they can keep selling us new and more expensive tech year after year. 4K is already ridiculous - the screen looks better than real life outside the window. The advancement of technology should be chasing other goals - lower power requirements, better sound, more environmentally friendly production methods, stuff like that. Anyone who grew up gaming with CRTs knows that 1080p is already beyond our wildest dreams back then! It’s more than good enough.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

BenRK

@Krull Stop agreeing with me! I want to be aaaaangryyyyyyy!!!!!

BenRK

Krull

@BenRK Lol! If it’s any consolation, Digimon sucks?

BenRK

@Krull You'll never convince me that Digimon is terrible! Blarg!

BenRK

Ferdinand_Von_Aegir

@BabyYoshi12 I Think DKC Tropical Freeze is underrated. All the stages tell there own story, and the backgrounds are beautiful. I Could imagine how much work went into DKC:TF's Backgrounds alone. And the Engine feels insanely fun. Like if I handed someone a controller to play DK in a blank room, they would probably have fun. And the expertly done levels! They are so good and make OLD Mario Blush (The Good Stuff!) With New Funky Mode!!

Fire Emblem Three Houses is my favorite game
Ashe is the best character in FE:3H
Waluigi For Smash
The game I want most on switch is a new WarioWare (Welp. we got that!)
My favorite movie is Toy Story 3

Switch Friend Code: SW-0370-6056-2926 | 3DS Friend Code: 3755-1656-4298 | My Nintendo: LatsaSpege

Dusk

@BenRK Don't worry, let the plebs have their Pokemon. Digimon was always much more twisted.

Dusk

jump

@Dusk Shin Megami Tensei is more twisted than both of them.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Krull

@jump Touche!

But Dragon Quest has been doing monster collection almost as long as Megami Tensei, and definitely predates Pokemon and Digimon - it gets my vote.

NotTelevision

@diwdiws Yeah I’ve heard some good things about it. I’ll get it on a sale at some point.

NotTelevision

Dusk

@Krull Oh, we're doing monster collecting? So yeah, Digimon isn't even close to the top XD
SMT/Persona <3

Dusk

kkslider5552000

i think my main unpopular opinion nowadays is that on average, people getting mad at video games is exhausting and embarrassing

its kinda why ive tried not to talk about the current direction of paper mario too much, because at some point its just not fun to complain

doubly so people getting mad at others' opinion of a video game, who cares

like is the world not miserable enough? guess not, screw you for liking a game that looks really mediocre to me, which im sure in 2020 is the worst thing a person has done or said

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic