Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 6,781 to 6,800 of 7,067

Anti-Matter

@ReaderRagfihs
Actually, i felt quite disturbed to see some mild bloods from Street Fighters III above. That's why on 3rd Strike Capcom removed the scenery like that.

Also, any kind of shooting games, doesn't matter like on Go Vacation still i can't stand. It just always brought me to the Bad Flashback or Always remind me to the damned shooting games ever in this world. And whenever i remembered that, i always felt angry and felt disgusted.

I cannot stand for any shooting games even Splatoon, but i have interest with Ninjala. Instead of splatting my opponents with any gun weapons, i feel okay to smack my opponents with toy sword like on Kingdom Hearts since that weapon is NOT a gun. And the bubble gum blast from Ninjala was blasted from the player's mouth, not from any weapon that called a gun.
But strangely, i still allowed the guns from LEGO CITY Undercover due Cartoonish impacts from destroying cars or any destructable objects and the guns from Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers 3DS , the AMiimals used the weapons to protect their places from Grocks.

And about fighting games or combat sport, only UFC / PFC i banned from my place. Fighting sports like Boxing or Kickboxing or K-1 are allowed, but UFC was Banned due to brutal way to hit the opponent. But, even for Boxing i still banned for games like Fight Night or any 16+ Western Boxing games due to Darker preferences and some bloods on faces. I really like Cartoonish Boxing games like K-1 Pocket Grand Prix GBA or Animal Boxing NDS due to Chibi looking, Lively places for boxing ring and less violence impacts on opponent's face. Those are my favorite Kiddie Boxing games and that's why i drew a lot my Chibi Boxers.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

MaverickSlasher

@DayOfLavos true i got stuck in stardust speed way act 3
not because i died constantly
but because i got lost and never was able to find the goal

MaverickSlasher

NEStalgia

@Ralizah "Mindscrew" and "incoherent nonsense" are, in fact, not synonyms.

NEStalgia

CharlieGirl

DayOfLavos wrote:

@MaverickSlasher while I don't exactly hate Sonic CD I must say that I think the huge, wide open levels are a pretty bad fit for Sonic. I prefer just running straight to the end with a few different paths to take, rather than explore these massive levels with spotty design looking for hidden machines to break

I'll up that ante.
looking to get the good future in each level really sucks the fun out of a 2D Sonic game.

I'll be your 1up girl

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933 | My Nintendo: CharlieSmile | Nintendo Network ID: CharlieSmile

MaverickSlasher

Charlie_Girl wrote:

DayOfLavos wrote:

@MaverickSlasher while I don't exactly hate Sonic CD I must say that I think the huge, wide open levels are a pretty bad fit for Sonic. I prefer just running straight to the end with a few different paths to take, rather than explore these massive levels with spotty design looking for hidden machines to break

I'll up that ante.
looking to get the good future in each level really sucks the fun out of a 2D Sonic game.

the levels are already confusing as they are
the past and future are a annoying mecanic
and the boss battles must be some of the worst of the franshise
the final boss is pathetic

MaverickSlasher

iKhan

This is one I've only really come to terms with recently.

Wind Waker, as much as I love it, is unequivocally one of the weakest 3D Zelda games. This has mostly to do with the Triforce Quest, because it's so bloated and miserable that it completely cripples the game experience for me.

It's not fair for me to lambast Skyward Sword for it's generous padding and let Wind Waker off the hook. Aside from those two, the rest of the 3D Zeldas didn't ever feel to me like there was a prolonged segment of pure tedium.

If Nintendo had just delayed the damn game and finished it, it would be one of the best.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Ralizah

iKhan wrote:

Aside from those two, the rest of the 3D Zeldas didn't ever feel to me like there was a prolonged segment of pure tedium.

For me, that was the first three or so hours of Twilight Princess, and then any of the Tears of Light segments after that in the first 1/3 of the game.

It picks up nicely as it goes on, but good god, does it have an awful start. Likely why it's still my least favorite 3D Zelda (won't be able to definitively conclude that until I play through Skyward Sword, though).

Although I agree that being forced to hunt for Triforce shards completely broke the amazing flow of Wind Waker up until that point in the game.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Anti-Matter

I really don't like the character design of Rune Factory.
I hate to see their eyes design.
They don't smize with their eyes.
Their eyes look dead like no soul in their body.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

iKhan

Ralizah wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Aside from those two, the rest of the 3D Zeldas didn't ever feel to me like there was a prolonged segment of pure tedium.

For me, that was the first three or so hours of Twilight Princess, and then any of the Tears of Light segments after that in the first 1/3 of the game.

It picks up nicely as it goes on, but good god, does it have an awful start. Likely why it's still my least favorite 3D Zelda (won't be able to definitively conclude that until I play through Skyward Sword, though).

Although I agree that being forced to hunt for Triforce shards completely broke the amazing flow of Wind Waker up until that point in the game.

I actually really love how Twilight Princess starts. It really helped flesh out the games world building. I really felt like there was more going on in the world beyond Link's quest. Spoiler alert, Skyward Sword tries to do the same thing, but completely fails to make anything in the world feel important beyond your main quest.

I also liked the puzzle component of the tears of light, alongside TP's absolutely stunning sense of atmosphere.

But hey, to each his own. I literally can't get past the Triforce hunt despite trying three times. I just don't have the resolve to get through that. I'm too impatient of a gamer.

Ralizah

@iKhan I mean, I still find Wind Waker HD incredibly fun to play, but stopping a game for a long period of time to force the player to hunt for stuff is a big no-no for me. It's why Metroid Prime went way down in my estimation once I replayed it recently and remembered how annoying it was trying to find all the artifacts near the end.

The biggest issue I have with Wind Waker is Tetra, the cool and suave pirate captain, being told to go hide in the basement when it's revealed that she's actually Princess Zelda. And then she gets kidnapped! It completely conflicts with her characterization up until that point, and, frankly, I found it slightly offensive.

Thankfully, the game gushes out charm, so it's easy to forgive its flaws.

I liked pretty much nothing about TP's early hours. The people were all incredibly ugly. The sheep herding section was tedious. Tears of Light sections are unpleasant busywork. The first dungeon's gimmick is really, really dumb. Link feels weirdly stiff. And I didn't really care for the edgy dark fantasy vibe (versus Majora's Mask's haunting and hugely atmospheric world, for example, where the darkness felt much more organic and connected to the themes and narrative of the game).

I've heard... lots of bad things about SS, so I'll have my expectations in check. I've played it long enough to know that I don't really like the control scheme, but I'm willing to give the game a chance.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

skywake

Not sure how unpopular or not but I know some have had a go at me for saying this before. But....
Untitled

People who still think consoles require media functions to be "full consoles". The demands and tantrums about the Switch not having Netflix in particular. Stuff like this:

Untitled

Who is this hypothetical person? What, it's 2019 and you are on the internet presumably on some internet capable device. You have made a point of either paying for or sharing a subscription to Netflix. You have a TV that's modern enough to have HDMI and you have a modern console that you spent hundreds of dollars on. Yet the Switch not having Netflix is still the biggest of deals.

On what planet is this actually a concern? Streaming services are not killer apps anymore, they're ubiquitous. And more to the point if you care about Netflix you obviously already watch content from Netflix. Ok, maybe you don't have it on that TV if it's an older TV. But even then if it was an actual concern, if it was something that you're now putting on a bullet point list of demands for a toy to include. Why didn't you take steps to address this massive lack of Netflix on your TV already? Hell, some of these people even start off by saying "I love that my Wii U can do Netflix". Well there you go, problem solved, use your Wii U for that purpose

Also I feel like whenever I bring this up people want to "shame" me into feeling like I'm a "rich" dude who doesn't understand. But stuff it. You know what? I have no less than 6 screens I could easily watch Netflix on. Connected to my main TV I have a PVR and a UHD BluRay player which both also have Netflix. My Wii U is in a box, if I really needed it I could also use it for Netflix which would be another device and yet another screen. Hell, my TV isn't a super high end TV but as a new TV it has Chromecast built in AND a Netflix app. I don't feel this is an unusual position to be in at all.

The Switch not outputting a surround signal that can be passed through to a soundbar? Now that's something worth complaining about. Hell I'll even argue the case for people who want more classic games on the Switch even though there are a million ways to play Super Mario World. But Netflix? No. I wouldn't complain if it got it but if you're demanding it you're a lost cause. To be blunt, the world wouldn't be that much worse off if people demanding this would occasionally forget to look both ways when crossing busy roads......

Edited on by skywake

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, TFS
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

BenGrimm

@Nessjestic

Agreed, it’s there to play games and nothing else for me personally.

BenGrimm

iKhan

Ralizah wrote:

I liked pretty much nothing about TP's early hours. The people were all incredibly ugly. The sheep herding section was tedious. Tears of Light sections are unpleasant busywork. The first dungeon's gimmick is really, really dumb. Link feels weirdly stiff. And I didn't really care for the edgy dark fantasy vibe (versus Majora's Mask's haunting and hugely atmospheric world, for example, where the darkness felt much more organic and connected to the themes and narrative of the game).

I've heard... lots of bad things about SS, so I'll have my expectations in check. I've played it long enough to know that I don't really like the control scheme, but I'm willing to give the game a chance.

I’m playing through Majoras Mask right now. I really love the world they’ve created. There are so many design flaws though.

I think I still like Twilight Princess’s world more though. I’m the kind of person who will talk to everyone when I go to a location, and there are just so many opportunities to get to know the people of the world and how the twilight affects them. Actually, the first 3 dungeons are my favorite part of the game because of all that atmosphere. I never thought it ever felt edgy at all, I’d say it feels most comparable to Okami actually.

Ralizah

iKhan wrote:

I’m playing through Majoras Mask right now. I really love the world they’ve created. There are so many design flaws though.

What's troubling you about Majora's Mask?

Anyway, I really love how much it filled out the world with side-quests and stuff to find and do. Ocarina of Time felt comparatively empty. It's also structurally one of the most unique games I've ever played. Despite it having a Zelda skeleton, the time travel mechanics, constantly running timer, and things happening at specific times during the cycle make it feel utterly different than anything else I've ever played.

Ralizah

RR529

For whatever reason, I have absolutely no interest in the indie scene.

I realized that nearly all the smaller budget games I buy or add to my wishlist would more properly be described as a release from a smaller "A" to maybe "AA" studio rather than truly indie games.

For example I have Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero, Bloodstained Curse of the Moon, Sky Gamblers: Storm Raiders, & Fishing Star World Tour, but have no interest in stuff like Wargroove, Golf Story, Undertale, or Dead Cells.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

redd214

@skywake agree 100%. There are probably 20 devices in my house right now that have Netflix/Youtube/Hulu etc.and like you said if someone can whine about it on the internet, then that means they already have at least one device that is capable already. Worst case scenario you can get a Chromecast for 20 bucks and cast to a TV or get a cheap $50 tablet and watch there. Ive always though it was such a bizzare thing to complain about.

redd214

R_Champ

@RR529

I'm kinda in the same boat. I do like some indie games, but usually I feel they're inferior to their "shill corporate" counterparts. Everyone always goes on and on and on about how "it's so artistic! You don't get it, Xbox Fanboy!!!!!1" (I don't own an Xbox lol) or "corporate game companies don't care about their fans!!!1" or "It was made by ONE [email protected]!#@#!!!!!!!!".

But the question is...is it as FUN? 90% of the time I say absolutely not. Indie games are usually imitations meant to cash in on nostalgia while throwing in high-school level "art" to try and impress pseudo intellectuals (Rick and Morty fans that line up for sauce, haha).

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

HobbitGamer

I’m not at all interested in Super Mario Maker.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

CanisWolfred

R_Champ wrote:

@RR529

I'm kinda in the same boat. I do like some indie games, but usually I feel they're inferior to their "shill corporate" counterparts. Everyone always goes on and on and on about how "it's so artistic! You don't get it, Xbox Fanboy!!!!!1" (I don't own an Xbox lol) or "corporate game companies don't care about their fans!!!1" or "It was made by ONE [email protected]!#@#!!!!!!!!".

But the question is...is it as FUN? 90% of the time I say absolutely not. Indie games are usually imitations meant to cash in on nostalgia while throwing in high-school level "art" to try and impress pseudo intellectuals (Rick and Morty fans that line up for sauce, haha).

So just stay away from the games that are trying to be glorified art studio works. That's actually a small minority of indie games, since those rarely sell well. I mean, for crying out loud, the games RR529 mentioned are definitely not "arthouse" games. I can wrap my head around where he's coming from, but in your case it sounds like you're homing in on certain kinds of games for whatever reason while ignoring the more gameplay-focused ones.

Sure, all indie games have to go for stylized graphics, but only because hyper-realism is so expensive, even AAA blockbuster games are shying away from that route more and more. I don't know where you get this sense that most indie game aren't trying to be fun? Purely mechanical experiences are easier to make and iterate upon, so those are the overwhelming majority of indie games that get released. The problem I've seen a lot of people have with AAA games is that they aren't that fun anymore - not to them, at least. There's been a strong tendency towards homogenization, so it's all the same kind of fun, really. Indie games are, pure and simple, where you can find variety in the kinds of experiences you can engage in vs. what you'll usually see from most big game companies.

I know this is a purely opinionated discussion, but your argument thus far completely contradicts what makes the indie scene appealing. If anything, the problem is that there's so much that it's difficult to sift through, so most gaming news sites, Youtubers, and general fans tend to gravitate towards the familiar - so you'll see plenty of nostalgia bait, since it's familiar to most gamers. You'll see plenty of arthouse games because it's easier to write articles about. And of course, you'll see a lot of people talking more about those games when referring to indie games because it's the ones they know everyone knows.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

RR529

@R_Champ, I wouldn't say they're not fun (as I'm coming from the perspective of not really playing them in the first place, I can't really have an opinion on their gameplay quality), but I'm not on board with a lot of the general fads a lot of them have (such as randomly generated environments/levels which is pretty popular in the indie scene, just as one example), and I'm not a big fan of a lot of the art styles & character designs most of them have, particularly the western indies (not anything in particular I could point out, they all just feel "off" in one way or another).

It probably also has to do with the fact that when I'm looking at eShop games, I'm looking to fill holes being left behind by the bigger studios. With Mario, DKC, Kirby, etc. available, I feel no need to shop around indie platformers, and the same for the system's JRPG selection. However, I got Assault Gunners HD to scratch that mecha itch until Daemon X Machina releases, and the Sky Gamblers games fill that Ace Combat sized hole.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic