Posts 6,721 to 6,740 of 6,998

Sakura7

Favourite Final Fantasy: VIII

Favourite Mario Kart: Double Dash

Favourite 3D platform: Blinx

Favourite open world racing: The Crew

Favourite Rally: WRC 5

Favourite 2D platformer: Klonoa Advance

Plus I remember the time saying Persona 3 was your favourite RPG was your favourite RPG would get you weird looks. How times change. I only get really weird looks regarding Blinx from above,and the usual 'Dirt!’ for WRC 5.

Sakura7

NEStalgia

@Ralizah But think of the size and scope of Odyssey vs 64? If you strip out all the "Banjo" collectables, and leave only the "level completion and challenges" moons, you'd still have a game roughly the size of 64. It takes the 64 ideas and quantity, and then throws 400% more "other stuff" (that's Banjo like) at it. 64 is tiny in core content. It just encouraged you to spend forever goofing around.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@Buizel You're absolutely right that 3D Land/World represent the starkest change in game design for 3D Mario. They really feel like their own thing, to be honest, borrowing from both 3D and 2D iterations.

So, in terms of decreasing likeness to SM64, I'd say they go:

Sunshine > Galaxy > Galaxy 2 > Odyssey > 3D World > 3D Land

As you point out, though, they're all different, and they all borrow somewhat from previous games.

While I'm not a fan of Mario 64 (at all), I really, really liked exploring the Mushroom Kingdom in Odyssey.

@NEStalgia Incidentally, if you strip out the gameplay from Xenoblade Chronicles 2, you're left with an average-length anime series.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

NEStalgia

@Ralizah LOL! Fortunately we spend all our tome managing our Pokeblades.

NEStalgia

DayOfLavos

My favorite Sonic game, completely, 100% unironically...Shadow the Hedgehog

I like the branching paths and different missions. Also I played it when I was 8 and thought it was the coolest game of all time so nostalgia is blinding me here too.

"There's a party in my mind, and I hope it never stops"
#1 Kirby Air Ride player in the world (voted by like 4 people)

DayOfLavos

@Link-Hero Honestly like, 3 months ago haha. I can definitely admit that the controls are a bit yikes and the camera is mega yikes but I dunno, I still like the vast variety of levels and the different missions and choosing your path. Plus even though I don't find the story or cutscenes cool anymore, I DO find them extremely hilarious so now I've unlocked a new layer of entertainment in the game

"There's a party in my mind, and I hope it never stops"
#1 Kirby Air Ride player in the world (voted by like 4 people)

SamusLv7

I like Diddy Kong Racing more than Mario Kart 64. You can use mini air planes, a hovercraft and a car. The racetracks are also fantastic and the item mechanic is very unique. You could upgrade your item if you obtained the same balloon which I is excellent imo.

Now playing:
Zelda BotW (DLC), Mario Odyssey, Octopath Traveler, Bravely Default, Yooka-Laylee, Bravely Second.

TheAwesomeBowser

The controls and graphics in Mario 64 are awful. Don't @ me.

Edited on by TheAwesomeBowser

Check out my Mario Maker troll level! Level code: 4CDF-0000-03CE-3189
Steamed Hams!

Archius9

@ReaderRagfihs not necessarily best but certainly my favourite is Twilight Princess. I love BoTW but it's so different from what I love about Zelda that I barely class it as one.

Archius9

SamusLv7

Archius9 wrote:

@SamusLv7 The story/campaign is also pretty enjoyable

Completely agree.

Now playing:
Zelda BotW (DLC), Mario Odyssey, Octopath Traveler, Bravely Default, Yooka-Laylee, Bravely Second.

BenGrimm

The N64 controller was great in my opinion. Never understood the hate for it. The only two controllers I never liked were the Megadrive pad and original Xbox “Duke” pad. Both felt too chunky and uncomfortable.

BenGrimm

Ralizah

@BenGrimm The Duke is a tumor with buttons. I have no idea how anyone played with that thing.

Ralizah

puNINTENDed

I don't like the New Super Mario Bros series. It feels like too much of a template with not many game changing differences besides new powerups. I won't give up on a great original 2D Mario game but I don't want to see New Super Mario Bros Switch.

Pokémon Lets Go! is a pretty great addition to Pokémon series. They eliminated some annoying RNG and put more control in the player's hands. My only gripe is the lack of EVs.

puNINTENDed

ReaderRagfish

I don't really mind the original GBA's unlit screen. Most public buildings have bright enough lights for the games to be easily playable, and it looks great outside in the sunlight (or even on a cloudy day), which is where many modern screens are impossible to see.

Plus, many games were built with it in mind, and can look washed out when played on a proper backlit screen. For example, Super Mario World looks perfect on the original GBA, but has faded and washed out colors on the SP.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Blooby

Goldeneye 007 and Perfect Dark have not aged well. I couldn't get used to their controls, they always felt clunky to me.

OK K.O. > Most Cartoon Network shows

Check out my Youtube channel here if you like cringy humor.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6275-6076-4710 | 3DS Friend Code: 1049-4443-8858 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

I think I'm the only one who want Cute Chibi Boxing / Kickboxing games return on Nintendo Switch just like during PS1 era (The Boxing / The Kickboxing) or GBA era (K-1 Pocket Grand Prix 1 & 2). 🤔

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic