Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 6,721 to 6,740 of 7,147

DayOfLavos

@Link-Hero Honestly like, 3 months ago haha. I can definitely admit that the controls are a bit yikes and the camera is mega yikes but I dunno, I still like the vast variety of levels and the different missions and choosing your path. Plus even though I don't find the story or cutscenes cool anymore, I DO find them extremely hilarious so now I've unlocked a new layer of entertainment in the game

"There's a party in my mind, and I hope it never stops"
#1 Kirby Air Ride player in the world (voted by like 4 people)

Diddy64

I like Diddy Kong Racing more than Mario Kart 64. You can use mini air planes, a hovercraft and a car. The racetracks are also fantastic and the item mechanic is very unique. You could upgrade your item if you obtained the same balloon which I is excellent imo.

Undergoing games: Donkey Kong Country 2, Final Fantasy VII, Spyro The Dragon (Reignited Trilogy).

Archius9

@ReaderRagfihs not necessarily best but certainly my favourite is Twilight Princess. I love BoTW but it's so different from what I love about Zelda that I barely class it as one.

Archius9

Diddy64

Archius9 wrote:

@SamusLv7 The story/campaign is also pretty enjoyable

Completely agree.

Undergoing games: Donkey Kong Country 2, Final Fantasy VII, Spyro The Dragon (Reignited Trilogy).

GyroZeppeli

@TheAwesomeBowser I love the game and still agree. It’s not like Nintendo could have made it as advanced as games are now, but the visuals are just awful. The controls weren’t salvageable mainly in part to that awful “scepter” N64 Controller.

Please notify me if you want to add me on Switch before sending a request. It makes my life easier.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

BenGrimm

The N64 controller was great in my opinion. Never understood the hate for it. The only two controllers I never liked were the Megadrive pad and original Xbox “Duke” pad. Both felt too chunky and uncomfortable.

BenGrimm

Ralizah

@BenGrimm The Duke is a tumor with buttons. I have no idea how anyone played with that thing.

Ralizah

puNINTENDed

I don't like the New Super Mario Bros series. It feels like too much of a template with not many game changing differences besides new powerups. I won't give up on a great original 2D Mario game but I don't want to see New Super Mario Bros Switch.

Pokémon Lets Go! is a pretty great addition to Pokémon series. They eliminated some annoying RNG and put more control in the player's hands. My only gripe is the lack of EVs.

puNINTENDed

RedderRugfish

I don't really mind the original GBA's unlit screen. Most public buildings have bright enough lights for the games to be easily playable, and it looks great outside in the sunlight (or even on a cloudy day), which is where many modern screens are impossible to see.

Plus, many games were built with it in mind, and can look washed out when played on a proper backlit screen. For example, Super Mario World looks perfect on the original GBA, but has faded and washed out colors on the SP.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Blooby

Goldeneye 007 and Perfect Dark have not aged well. I couldn't get used to their controls, they always felt clunky to me.

OK K.O. > Most Cartoon Network shows

Check out my Youtube channel here if you like cringy humor.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6275-6076-4710 | 3DS Friend Code: 1049-4443-8858 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

I think I'm the only one who want Cute Chibi Boxing / Kickboxing games return on Nintendo Switch just like during PS1 era (The Boxing / The Kickboxing) or GBA era (K-1 Pocket Grand Prix 1 & 2). 🤔

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

MegaSwitch

I liked MegaMan 10, better than MegaMan 9.

MegaSwitch

GyroZeppeli

MM11 > Legacy Collection 1

Please notify me if you want to add me on Switch before sending a request. It makes my life easier.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

RedderRugfish

Bunnymentendo wrote:

Goldeneye 007 and Perfect Dark have not aged well. I couldn't get used to their controls, they always felt clunky to me.

My unpopular opinion is that I like these better than pretty much any modern FPS game.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

CanisWolfred

Bunnymentendo wrote:

Thankfully, every console FPS developer since the release of Halo: Combat Evolved has agreed with that sentiment, because yeah, in terms of controls and basic movement, those two really have not aged well. The best aspects were in regards to weapon and level design, the way enemies reacted to players based on where they're shot (why is this not more common?!), the variety of levels and setpieces, and their general atmosphere. Honestly, you should try the Timesplitters games if you ever get the chance. It takes the design philosophy of 007/PD and combines them with modern console FPS controls.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

MegaSwitch

Sometimes I wish PokemonMysteryDungeon, would replace the main series.
The plots are better. And I like the concept of a turn based RPG that does not switch to a battle screen every time you get into a fight. It keeps the action going.

Edited on by MegaSwitch

MegaSwitch

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic