Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 6,581 to 6,600 of 6,665

CreamyDream

About the PUBG discussion:

I think it's a bad, or just a low quality game.

It's more of a social trend than anything.

People buy it because their friends are playing it and they want to play with them. The game itself isnt very attractive or inviting on its own; moreso, it just doesnt have the amount of content to justify its price.

The response i get all the time when criticizing pubg is "but it's fun" which I absolutely do not deny...
But most things are fun with large groups of friends.

PUBG is just a social trend. It's like Pokemon GO; it's not a good game, it's just a fun idea and the socializing.

I also dont think any of what im saying is exactly unpopular either; i just wanted to throw in my two cents about it.

It's a shame that it's such a poorly crafted product, because it has so much potential.

Edited on by CreamyDream

CreamyDream

Voldemort807

I think Pokémon is very boring. I can’t even get through Black 2.

Voldemort807

RancidVomit86

@CreamyDream PUBG has come a long way on quality of product since the early days but yea it's still got a long way to go. Battle Royale is a fun concept and the it can provide intensity and a rush that few games can. Playing squads with friends is some of the most fun I have ever had with a multiplayer game. At the same time I can't tell you how many times I have said I was done with the game do to glitches or hackers but all it takes is that one good game to suck me back in. It really is a love-hate relationship I have with PUBG. It's a game of poor quality and I know I should hate it then again it also gives some rush that makes me say "ok one more". If they provide a couple of more maps, refine the game some more and do away with the recently implements pay to open loot crates then I feel the game is worth every cent of the ask price. As of right now I tell people if you can accept all it's flaws then buy it because it will offer some great fun and if the flaws for price is unreasonable for you then steer clear.

@Voldemort807 I agree with you. Even back when I was playing these types of games I preferred Digimon and Monster Rancher. Monster Rancher being my choice above all.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

CanisWolfred

Voldemort807 wrote:

To be fair, I still love the recent Pokemon games, and I can't get through Pokemon Black 2, either. I personally think it's the laziest mainline Pokemon game to date.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

CreamyDream

CanisWolfred wrote:

Voldemort807 wrote:

To be fair, I still love the recent Pokemon games, and I can't get through Pokemon Black 2, either. I personally think it's the laziest mainline Pokemon game to date.

I'm a Pokemon fan; and I gotta say that Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are easily much lazier

CreamyDream

Meowpheel

It's weird to see the only "third game" that isn't an enhanced re-release being called the laziest one.

Edited on by Meowpheel

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CreamyDream

Meowpheel wrote:

It's weird to see the only "third game" that isn't an enhanced re-release being called the laziest one.

Well, it's a matter of semantics at that point.

I dont really consider the Ultra games to be the "Yellow", "Crystal", "Emerald", or "Platinum" of Gen 7.

I saw it being presented as a new game and not a just new version, which makes it more comparable to B2W2 for me.

EDIT: I just read the wiki and it turns out you're correct. It is considered to be the "Yellow" of Gen 7. In that case, yea, B2W2 are lazier.

Edited on by CreamyDream

CreamyDream

Octane

Anything after gen 4 isn't very good anyway. At least in terms of story and world design.

Octane

CreamyDream

@Octane Kind of ironic, considering most fans would agree that Gen 4 has one of the worst stories, and I say that as a huge Gen 4 fan.

I cant really say much other than that I just strongly disagree.

I find Unova, Kalos, and Alola to be just as charming and memorable as regions before it... Well, except maybe Kalos, but still.

I CAN see where you are coming from though, considering that the very linear rail-roading level design began in Gen 5 and onwards; but I dont think that substantially lessens the enoyability newer games for me since there is still a hefty amount of exploration and world interaction in each game.

Edited on by CreamyDream

CreamyDream

Meowpheel

@CreamyDream wut? So B2W2 are lazier because they're not the "Yellow Version" of their generation? I didn't really understand your edit in your other post.

By my post I meant that B2W2 were the less lazy "third version", not USUM.

Edited on by Meowpheel

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CreamyDream

@Meowpheel B2W2 Arent "third versions" though. Theyre sequels.

My point was that, if you were to judge USUM and B2W2 as mainline sequels, USUM is definitely lazier, by a long shot.

But, if you were to judge USUM as a "third version" and B2W2 as a sequel, then B2W2 seems lazier for what it's trying to accomplish.

If you were to disregard the labels, every single "third version" of Pokemon titles is lazier than B2W2.
My point was whether USUM is considered to be a "third version" or a sequel.

CreamyDream

Meowpheel

BW2 fit the same role as a regular third version (a game set in the same place, during the same gen, released after the first pair of games, that makes some things differently), so even though they are indeed sequels and are way better than any third version (imo), I still put them in the same basket whenever the topic comes up.

Anyway, USUM are for all intents and purposes just regular "third versions", they just were too lazy to come up with a singular third edition that complemented or unified the original duo, and instead just made two that kept the same differences.

Edited on by Meowpheel

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

CanisWolfred

Meowpheel wrote:

Fine. It's the most unpolished, then. The writing on every level felt contrived and beyond amatuerish; the changes to the map design were unnecessary and just felt either more maze-like or just slap-dash. The new mechanics & locations just felt more like filler, possibly because of how early they're presented, when most of it just felt like they were distractions that are probably better suited to the post-game, anyways. And honestly? I just felt overwhelmed by the additional Pokemon they made available during the early game.

Maybe it's just because of how good Pokemon Black & White were - I still hold that it's the best installment since Gold & Silver, plus their remakes - but I just can't help but feel like Black 2/White 2 had no reason to exist, even compared to other expanded versions like Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum. I might just wind up skipping Ultra Sun & Moon, since it sounds like the same deal as B2W2.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Meowpheel

USUM is nothing like BW2. It's just sun and moon, with a few changes.

Anyway that's interesting, I actually found the original Back and White to be extremely boring, and the sequels to be very fun.

I've seen it usually goes like that, some really dislike one and really like the other. I wonder what made those two releases so divisive.

Edited on by Meowpheel

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

CreamyDream

@CanisWolfred as Meowpheel said, B2W2 are nothing like USUM.

USUM definitely falls in line much more with Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum. If you never cared for those "third" Pokemon games, you will not care for USUM unless you really want an excuse to play Sun and Moon again.

I'll go a step further and say that, unlike how Platinum fixes a lot of the issues of Diamond and Pearl, USUM sort of fails to fix issues with Sun and Moon and just repeats all of it (the arbitrary roadblocks, extensive cutscenes, and lack of interesting uses for rideable pokemon)

CreamyDream

CanisWolfred

@CreamyDream To be fair, I actually really liked Yellow, Crystal, and Emerald. They expanded their predecessors and felt like more polished versions. Platinum still blew chunks, though. That whole gen nearly put me off the franchise, twice. A lot of little issues tend to pile on when the games are so long.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

LuckyLand

I am scared by the expectations of people who are sure that Switch could handle (at least in one way or another) all the 3rd party multiplatform games possibly made for PS4 and XOne. The Switch clearly can't do that and if straight ports will be too demanding for its power, reworked and optimized games can be too demanding for the publisher in some cases. But you see so many people who are convinced that Switch should have all the games that the other consoles have, and I fear that such blind Nintendo loving, delusional optimism could collapse on itself and damage Nintendo and Switch once people will see that this is not going to happen (because it is not going to happen, this is for sure)

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Heavyarms55

Mobile gaming is trash and a cancer that is watering down and hurting the industry as a whole. It is promoting lowest common denominator game development and a horde of low quality, badly developed games. Not to mention countless blatant clones and rip offs. The trend of free to play - pay to play more - games preys on those with a tendency to get addicted to things. Furthermore the gatcha random lootbox type systems popularized by it specifically prey on those vulnerable to gambling addictions.

Also touch screen gaming is low quality, hard to control, imprecise and unintuitive

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Heavyarms55

CreamyDream

Heavyarms55 wrote:

Mobile gaming is trash and a cancer that is watering down and hurting the industry as a whole. It is promoting lowest common denominator game development and a horde of low quality, badly developed games. Not to mention countless blatant clones and rip offs. The trend of free to play - pay to play more - games preys on those with a tendency to get addicted to things. Furthermore the gatcha random lootbox type systems popularized by it specifically prey on those vulnerable to gambling addictions.

Also touch screen gaming is low quality, hard to control, imprecise and unintuitive

Meh, gaming is gaming. I personally am not a huge fan of mobile gaming nor its development philosophies either but there's clearly an audience, even if we're not that audience.

With that said, the mobile Sonic the Hedgehog ports are actually excellent and I play them all the time

Sonic 1, 2, and CD. I highly recommend them to anyone. The controls work surprisingly very well; as soon as I got used to them, I didn't miss having a controller.

CreamyDream

TheLZdragon

Heavyarms55 wrote:

My name is Lz and I am addicted to Fire Emblem Heroes.

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon 2 Rank: Splat S+, Rain S, Tower S

My Eeveeloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic