Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 6,581 to 6,600 of 6,760

BrainOfGrimlock

@EvilLucario @ReaderRagfish a turn/tactics based Smash game? The audience would lose their mind - half from hate/dread, the other half from sheer anticipation!?

I don’t think it’d ever happen but a guy can dream, right?

BrainOfGrimlock

DarthNocturnal

I've always thought that a Smash TCG/ CCG could be neat. As a spinoff.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Neweegee

@EvilLucario
Honestly, I imagine the next Smash game starting fresh and having 3D gameplay, kinda like Custom Robo I guess. It's really risky, but would be the easiest way to separate it from much bigger past games in the series.

I'd just hope Nintendo(since I'm pretty sure Sakurai won't be involved in the next game) can figure out how to make the gameplay work, because it would NOT be an easy transition due to the way attack inputs work in Smash

Neweegee

ReaderRagfihs

A Smash game in the style of Power Stone would be welcome by me.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread

JackEatsSparrows

Warframe is too busy for me.

#NoMoreBedtimes
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

EvilLucario

@Neweegee I didn't even think of that but that's a really good point. Really, we don't have much 3D fighting games. The most I know is Power Stone on the Dreamcast and ARMS... and that's it. Nearly every fighting game worth its salt is 2D.

If Ultimate is 2D Smash's swan song and the next Smash will be played completely 3D, that would be extremely cool. It would indeed be extremely difficult to pull off, but if anyone can do it it's Sakurai.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

BrainOfGrimlock

@Bayonereza that’s not an unpopular opinion with me, I agree almost entirely!

I’s been infecting games like Assassins Creed/Far Cry for years and has slowly spread out to other series, ME: Andromeda & DA: Inquisition being two of the biggest/saddest tragedies unfortunately...

I actually think ‘we gamers’ as a collective are responsible for a lot of it - how many reviews have you seen/read where people constantly ask ‘how long is the game?’ or ‘how big is the map?’ - just pushed the creators in the wrong direction for me with games getting bigger and often not for the better - sometimes less is definitely more!

BrainOfGrimlock

diwdiws

Bayonereza wrote:

Some of the most popular games these days tend to feel like busywork.

RPGs and big open-world games in particular often have that problem it seems. An endless string of NPCs to talk to, hundreds of meaningless quests, tons of walking from one place to the next, countless hours spending on crafting and managing inventories,... Where's the fun in that?

I mean, I have plenty of that stuff going on in real life. I don't want it in my games.
To me, it's all about the action and the sheer joy that brings me. It helps me unwind and get me ready for the next day. It's all about the fun people.

@Bayonereza on the flip side those you describe aren’t busy work but rather the games you dont like just doesnt cater to you and your preference?

diwdiws

JoakimZ

My favourite Silent Hill game is Silent Hill 4: The Room. I don’t really know how people generally feel about SH4 today, but I remember almost everybody hating it back in the day.

Edited on by JoakimZ

JoakimZ

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0335-6096 | Nintendo Network ID: JoakimZ

diwdiws

@JoakimZ i think the the stems from the it not being Silent Hilly add to the fact that it wasn’t even supposed to be a silent hill game at all during its development

diwdiws

Ralizah

I remember people being really down on the "waggle" controls from DKCR on Wii, but I love them. I loved that set-up so much that I played the entirety of Tropical Freeze on Wii U that way, even though I have access to a Pro Controller.

On the other hand, I hate the pointer controls of RE4 on Wii to the point where I couldn't even play it.

Those are my unpopular Wii-themed opinions for the day.

@JoakimZ I remember feeling like it was boring back in the day, but I really want to revisit it. It's the only one of the PS2 games I haven't completed.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Snaplocket

@EvilLucario I personally think Sakurai should step down and a new should step up for the next Smash game. It could use some fresh blood. I also think the series should stay 2D. I don't think Sakurai is "man who can do no wrong" like most people seem to believe.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

Late

Nokia N-Gage was a great device. People are still joking about it but I'm sure most of them didn't even own the device.

I bought mine when I was 10. It cost exactly 100€ and I got a free game of my choice as well. I went with Tony Hawk's Pro Skater. It was my first time playing THPS and it was awesome. I did everything there was to do. While the games were only 15-25€ a piece here (not sure how much they were in other countries), I only ever got few games. The games I bought: Rayman 3 and Bomberman, were great too. Rayman is also on GBA, although there are some differing levels and Bomberman was what you'd expect but as far as I know, it was its own game. The story mode in Bomberman was fun but as one would expect, I didn't get to play the bluetooth multiplayer mode because no one else had an N-Gage.

It's a shame my old N-Gage doesn't work anymore. I might get a new one at some point and collect games for it. While there were only ~50 games that were released, most of those games are from well known series such as Call of Duty, Civilization, Crash, King of Fighters, Puzzle Bobble, Sonic, Monkey Ball, The Sims, Tomb Raider and Worms. I'm sure there are some quality games on N-Gage that most people have never played.

Edited on by Late

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

GyroZeppeli

I’m not even sure if this is unpopular, but Super Mario 3D Land is better than 3D World.

A bizarre musical mashup filled with Yes, Queen, and some other things: https://soundcloud.com/polar-experience/sets/nani

Please notify me if you want to add me on Switch before sending a request. It makes my life easier.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

CharlieSmile

unpopular opinion:
Switch Joy Cons > game cube controller

Hello world, I'm your wild girl!
I'm your ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb!

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933 | My Nintendo: CharlieSmile | Nintendo Network ID: CharlieSmile | Twitter:

GyroZeppeli

Guacamelee! Turbo Hyper Ultra Edition (or whatever it’s actually called) is not very fun/good at all.

A bizarre musical mashup filled with Yes, Queen, and some other things: https://soundcloud.com/polar-experience/sets/nani

Please notify me if you want to add me on Switch before sending a request. It makes my life easier.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Cobalt

Super Mario Odyssey is a mediocre 3D Mario compare to the other opus.

Cobalt

JackEatsSparrows

ARK on Switch is actually quite fun.

#NoMoreBedtimes
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

Switch games library = 100 x much better than PS4 games library in my opinion.

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic