Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 6,381 to 6,400 of 12,088

HobbitGamer

I bought Sonic Forces last year on Switch and enjoyed it.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

DenDen

Bloodstained could be my top game of this year game is so freaking good!!!!

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Diddy64

RazorWind wrote:

2. Donkey Kong 64 is a fantastic game and I'd buy an eshop port the second it went up. 3D collectathons in general are still great fun.

Same here. I even enjoyed the music and since I didn't played Banjo because I was that child that rarely try new things, I see DK 64 music as a Mario 64 case, where they put new music since it was a 3D game instead of a 2D one.

As for the unpopular opinion (which I almost forgot 😅), I like Spyro more than Crash. I finally played Crash Trilogy (Switch) a month ago thanks to a causing who brought Crash so we could both play. While I like the challenges and that the characters are funny, I still like Spyro more despite barely playing their games since I only played on the PS1 of another familiar and they rarely let me play it.

Edited on by Diddy64

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Anti-Matter

Chibi form, Cute looking, Colorful graphics and Appropriate for Kids / Teens are my criterias for Instant Buy games.

Anti-Matter

Dave666

The first 2 Saints Row games are better than any GTA game

Dave666

Switch Friend Code: SW-3480-0278-4133

Monkeido

BougieBeetle wrote:

Here's an unpopular opinion: I actually have a real fondness for Gex: Enter the Gecko and Gex: Deep Cover Gecko, despite their many flaws. We actually discussed this on my podcast this week. The gameplay has some serious problems and I hate the way collectibles were handled in DCG, but the one-liners still crack me up (even though they're outdated) and I love the playful, tongue-in-cheek theme and art design. I would kill for a modern sequel or remaster.

I loved that game as a kid! Not a game that springs to mind when I think about games I've played in the past though.

Unpopular opinion, hmmm, I guess the fact I don't care much for any of the Metroid games, but do love quite a few games inspired by it (and therefore think those are [much] better). In Metroid's defence, I've never played any of the games all that much except for Metroid Prime 3 (I think), but I have tried many and never felt "hooked".

Monkeido

BougieBeetle

@Monkeido Gex is great, right! I always tell people it's not a good game exactly, but it is an interesting one.

I always recommend Super Metroid if you've never played a Metroid game before. Don't read anything in advance, just prepare yourself to get completely lost in a vast subterranean world.

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

redd214

@Monkeido Not a fan of the Metroid games either. Have played the Original, 2, Super and one of the Primes cant remember which, and just didnt have fun with them at all. Really really tried to enjoy them especially Super since its so highly regarded but just wasnt a fan. I too do enjoy several "Metroidvania" games though

redd214

Sunsy

Thinking about Sonic games, I have fond memories of the GBA port of Sonic 1. Yeah, it has its share of problems, but otherwise it was rather cool to be able to play classic Sonic on the go years before the DS collection came out.

@Monkeido You're not the only one. Outside Metroid Fusion, I really didn't care much for the Metroid games I've tried, Prime included. Just wasn't my cup of tea I'd guess.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Monkeido

@Arkay I'm still waiting for the Metroid Trilogy to be released on Switch. Will definitely try them once/if that happens.

@BougieBeetle Haha, that's one way to put it!
Super Metroid is definitely the one I want to give another chance, I think I only played it for a little bit on the 3DS and never owned it as a kid. I have a SNES Mini, so I think I'll play some of it soon.

@redd214 Nice to see I'm not the only one, definitely seems like our experiences and opinion on Metroid are very similar. ^^

@Sunsy Only normal that we can't like/love every game, even ones that are highly regarded. On a side note, I'll most likely (99% sure) still buy Metroid Prime 4 on release day though. ^^'

Monkeido

iKhan

Snaplocket wrote:

I think a digital only future isn't anywhere near as bad as people think.

On that topic, I think a digital-only future isn't anywhere as CLOSE as people think, at least 2 generations away. Music isn't even digital only yet (you can still buy music CD's from Amazon), and that started in the late 1990's. Do people really thing digital gaming, which started after digital movies and music, is going to become the only option before them?

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Heavyarms55

@Snaplocket If it's digital as in digital download you have the games saved to your own hard drive/SD card, then I actually agree. I prefer physical but I'll take digital download over streaming any day! If streaming actually does take off it's over, we no longer own anything, we are just paying for permission to play it, temporarily. It's just renting.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

kkslider5552000

There are too many good games to justify replaying games most of the time. I basically use making Let's Plays as an excuse to do so nowadays, because otherwise there are too many games I could be playing instead of...I dunno, trying and failing to love Mario Sunshine again. Or when I realized too many playthroughs of Sonic 2 was making me bored of that game, that was a real sign I shouldn't play it again for a long time.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Sunsy

Personally, I don't like game reviews, and really don't find them useful for me. I like to actually play a game and form my opinion on that experience, rather than look at what's popular to say. Funny thing is, it leads me to having unpopular opinions, while this may be an unpopular opinion too.

@Snaplocket I'd like to see both digital and physical exist. I won't say no to a digital only game that interests me, for series I like a lot, I buy those games physically.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Nagi

Heavyarms55 wrote:

@Nagi I am really curious why you rank the New 3DS XL below the original 3DS XL or the 2DS XL. I would assume if one didn't like the XL model, they wouldn't like any of them.

Sorry for answering so late.
Mabye i got really unlucky, but both New 3DS XL Systems i used back than felt very cheaply put together. The Top Screen felt very wobbly and the paintwork on both Systems started to peel off after only a couple of months. This never happended with any other Handheld System i own. There are some other nitpicks i have, but these two are my main complains.
By the way, my first New 3DS XL was a Metallic Blue Edition, my 2nd was the Majora's Mask Edition and both were brand new.

Edited on by Nagi

Nagi

Anti-Matter

When peoples talking about Konami, the majority users here will definitely think about PES / Castlevania.
But, i'm thinking about Dance Dance Revolution from Konami and NOBODY here has Ever thought about DDR from Konami except me.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@RedderRugfish
DDR for me it's not a casual game.
Now, DDR A20 Arcade has been released and there are some Level 18 & 19 songs that definitely not for Casual, but for Hardcore / Expert players Only.
And i could pass some Level 18 songs and one Level 19 song (Valkyrie Dimension on Challenge) if i lucky enough.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

JoakimZ

The Gamecube controller is insanely overrated.

Pros:

• It lays pretty comfortable in your hands.
  • Good left stick.

Cons:

• The button layout makes no sense.
  • The C-stick is terrible.
  • The d-pad is way too small.
  • The shoulder buttons feel cheap and have too much travel.
  • Just feels light and cheap overall.

I will never understand why so many people love this controller so much, and still would want Gamecube controllers for Switch when there’s so much better controllers out there.
It’s not the worst controller ever made (that would be the N64 one), but it’s not that great either.

Edited on by JoakimZ

JoakimZ

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0335-6096 | Nintendo Network ID: JoakimZ

LzWinky

It’s popular because of Smash Melee. That and it’s vastly superior to the awful N64 controller. And we got the Wii remote after it...so...

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

MarcusIsCool
  • Goldeneye is a great game, has aged badly, and it just needs to be on a new console with crisper graphics and a brand new controller setup. Also rights ownership is not a big deal. Companies always make deals. Implementing online multiplayer shouldn’t be too difficult.

The only games worth playing besides Goldeneye from the 90s are umk3, and NBA Jam. Needs multiplayer.

PS2 is a good console, however it’s highly overrated.

Gamers shouldn’t play multiple consoles, just one console at a time.

Casual gamers aren’t as cool as hardcore gamers.

RPGs are a bad concept for gaming. Random encounters, tiring battles, no good dialogue etc.

Survival horror genre is the best genre out there.

I like games and I know computer programming

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic