Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 6,381 to 6,400 of 6,612

Octane

@CreamyDream No, because Nintendo paid for those games, so it's just as likely as Mario Odyssey appearing on other consoles. I mean, maybe in a hundred years when Nintendo isn't around anymore. But in the foreseeable future? Nah, it'll remain a Nintendo exclusive.

Octane

Chandlero

CreamyDream wrote:

We all know they'll eventually make their way to other consoles, even if it takes years.

In the case of Bayonetta 2, this is only possible if Nintendo agrees to this and wants to make money outside its own market. And there is no reason to do this.

EDIT: @Octane You beat me in response time

Edited on by Chandlero

Snaplocket

Chandlero wrote:

@Snaplocket: For buying something, there has to be the desire to sell it first on the other side..

@Chandlero ...and Sega hasn't sold the IP yet despite doing nothing with it yet because......

@Octane CreamyDream said years. He never said HOW MANY years.

Edited on by Snaplocket

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

Octane

@Snaplocket Because they're making money while Nintendo pays for the franchise and Platinum Games develops it.

Octane

Madelleste

Unpopular opinion: 2D gameplay is much better than 3D gameplay... in all genres.

Madelleste

Snaplocket

@Chandlero As long as Smash is a thing, they're never gonna sell F-Zero.

LuckyLand

Madelleste wrote:

Unpopular opinion: 2D gameplay is much better than 3D gameplay... in all genres.

2D gameplay is way unrated now and I'd like to see it more often but I don't agree that it is always better. I would like more balance between the two and I would like more high budget games being in 2D, I'd like more 2D games as good looking as Rayman legends or maybe even better but very often 2D games are made to save money instead...
But 3D gameplay is important as well and depending on various things (and genres is one of those) can be better than 2D gameplay.

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Madelleste

CreamyDream wrote:

Yes I love all those incredible 2D fps games.

I'd argue that the 2D equivalent of FPS and 3rd person shooters are the schmups and run and guns. Think Gradius and Metal Slug. And in that regard I stand by my opinion.

Madelleste

Snaplocket

@Madelleste Actually the 2D FPS' were Doom and Wolfenstein 3D because they used entirely 2D graphics.

Edited on by Snaplocket

Octane

@CreamyDream SEGA and Nintendo own the rights of Bayonetta 2 and 3. Unless Nintendo says so, they won't appear on other consoles.

Octane

Madelleste

@Snaplocket But those are still 3D gameplay. I was talking about 2D gameplay being superior, not necessarily the graphics.

Madelleste

Chandlero

CreamyDream wrote:

It's not the same as Mario at all.

Are you forgetting Viewtiful Joe? Resident Evil 4? No More Heroes?

This is also not the same as Bayonetta 2. Capcom and Nintendo made an exclusive deal for a fixed amount of time. We can't see the contract, but usually, the publisher rights are restricted to a fixed console for one or two years and the other partner gives free developer kits, helps in marketing or simply pays money for exclusivity.

This is completely different in the situation of Bayonetta 2. There, Nintendo paid for the developing. Nintendo simply owns the game (in part).

Edited on by Chandlero

Snaplocket

I liked the human characters in Mario Tennis on Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance, I especially liked the part where you compete against other schools and I'm a bit disappointed it's not in Aces.

Yosheel

They should add New Donk Citizen #1 and New Donk Citizen #2 to Aces.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snaplocket

@Meowpheel I meant the unique characters like Sammi, A. Coz, Emily, Tori, Dweezel, and Elroy. Although Pauline would be cool. Actually, let me adjust this, I really liked the story mode and characters of the handheld Mario Sports games.

Edited on by Snaplocket

HappyAxiom

I never liked the Sonic games.

runs for cover

HappyAxiom

Snaplocket

I think the story mode in Mario Tennis Aces still looks cool but I was hoping for an RPG mode with unique characters.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic