Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 6,061 to 6,080 of 12,088

MarioVillager92

@ReaderRagfihs So far, I would say Wind Waker HD, with Breath of the Wild not too far off. Love the sense of adventure in both games. Funny you mentioned it because I just played Twilight Princess HD recently.

As for my unpopular opinion, although I'm a huge Nintendo fan, I don't like Pokemon that much. Not the biggest fan of Animal Crossing either.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

GeoChrome

I don’t know if this is extremely gaming related, but the Super Mario Bros. Super Show is somehow unironically funny.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

GeoChrome

@ReaderRagfihs Some of them are real classics, such as Star Koopa, Raiders of The Lost Mushroom, Robo Koopa, and other ones I forgot about since I haven’t seen them in a year.

Edited on by GeoChrome

EvilLucario

I guess I can throw in one of my unpopular opinions: I'm not entirely a fan of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. The story and environment is fine, but the combat and overall gameplay is hot garbage. I really do not like how Geralt handles, being stiff and far too weighty, and his movepool of what he can do is not fun or varied to use. Honestly with how combat can be at least passable (like BotW) to fantastic (like Dark Souls despite being very simple in core combat) with a lot of other games, I'm shocked that Witcher 3's combat is so bad in comparison.

Most people seem to really like it due to its story, how much mileage they get out of the game, the DLCs, and CD Projekt Red as a company. I'm all for a ton of content, but it's not the only metric and if you're buying games based off how much hours you put in, you're a fool. And while I'm also for championing companies that you really love, that doesn't mean anything to a newcomer to their games. I guess I'm just not the target demographic because as much as I appreciate a good story, if the gameplay sucks then I'm out unless you REALLY impress me (Undertale, although most of that magic has faded as the years went on) or if I'm just interested for the story because I'm actually that interested (Xenogears). And the story isn't good enough for me to really be invested.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Buizel

On the topic of Final Fantasy, I can't think of a game series that is a uniquely brilliant yet so uniquely flawed. It seems (based on my experience at least) that Square can't do something great without doing something jarringly bad in each instalment:

• FF7 has great atmosphere, battle mechanics, characters, but underdeveloped storytelling (to the point which you can't really understand the main story just playing through the game), and aged graphics and cutscenes.
  • 8 also has great atmosphere, improved FMV, a great mini game, but questionable story decisions and a fundamentally flawed (but arguably enjoyable because of it) battle system.
  • 9 is slow as hell, at the individual battle level and sometimes in the story. But it has arguably the best storytelling, characters and definitely the best presentation of the Ps1 trilogy.
  • 10 has great flow to its gameplay, great presentation and characters, but again some questionable story choices, as well as fairly linear areas (and those trials!)
  • Not far into 15 enough to give an overview of the story, but the gameplay can be extremely clunky. Nonetheless I feel the world is well realised.

At least 2'8".

EvilLucario

FFIV-VI and Octopath character sprites are butt ugly. Why Octopath didn't take cues from Chrono Trigger's sprites instead, I have no clue considering Chrono Trigger blows any Final Fantasy out of the water.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

ReaderRagfihs wrote:

If not OoT, what do you guys consider the best 3D Zelda?

Well Majora's Mask is OOT except with better stories so...

And Twilight Princess is OOT but with better moment to moment gameplay...

I don't think these two things are even unpopular opinions.

Though I do think Wind Waker is worse at this point, since HD really exposed just how needlessly slow the original was, and I don't think Wind Waker has the best dungeons either.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TheDonutGamer

fallout 4 is in every way superior to fallout new Vegas other than the quest and choices. fallout 4 actually has fun game play and theirs an actual reason to explore the world. in new vegas theres too many locations that have nothing in them other than a small amount of enemes and maybe a dead corpse. and pretty much anything interesting in the game is tied to a quest. now this is fine but if the game promotes itself as an open world where you can explore, and theres not much exploring to do, then i tend to not enjoy. though the quests in new vegas are much better than 4 and the diologue is somewhat better, the voice acting in new vegas is not that good. the acting in 4 isnt the best but you can tell they had more budget for it than new vegas has. also new vegas' gameplay and gunplay are complete garbage. the enemy AI is either so stupid that they run after you, or their just super bullet spongy and take a few minutes to take down. dont get me wrong though i like new vegas, and it is fun to play, but fallout 4 is so much better

TheDonutGamer

GeoChrome

@CurryPowderKeg79 It’s definitely an unpopular opinion. Most people think Fallout 3 and Vegas were the best ones. Also, you can’t really complain about bugs in Bethesda games, that’s a given.

Vinny

Kirby: Battle Royale was one of the very few titles in the series I didn't like. The minigames just weren't fun to me (both in single or multiplayer). The visual style wasn't that pleasing to me either.

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

LadyCharlie

@Vinny not sure how unpopular that is.
Kirby: Battle Royale is one of the very few Kirby games I never bought.

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

CanisWolfred

EvilLucario wrote:

Tbh Final Fantasy isn't exactly one of my favorite RPG series. It's ok but the gameplay doesn't really captivate me like Pokemon or Xenoblade (Xenogears combat sucks though). VI is my favorite overall but it still has multiple glaring flaws like being so braindead easy and extremely unbalanced characters. IV aged like crap across the board, V is really good but has quite a few instances of trial and error, and VII is also pretty good but also aged pretty badly. I do want to play IX eventually, but most people seem to really praise the story/characters and not the gameplay as much, which doesn't quite align with my tastes as much but whatever.

Actually, FF9 does a lot of things right with the gameplay compared to FF6-8, and the HD remasters fix the main problem all the PS Final Fantasy games had in regards to the loading time, I think. Haven't given them a spin yet.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

ReaderRagfihs wrote:

If not OoT, what do you guys consider the best 3D Zelda?

I think Majora's Mask is probably the "best" game in the series. The bizarre game design works brilliantly, and the abundance of side content makes its world feel alive in a way that OoT never did.

Breath of the Wild and A Link Between Worlds were both much more fun in terms of their moment-to-moment gameplay. The former feels more like a genuine adventure than any other game in the series.

The Wind Waker is far more charming than Ocarina of Time.

Heck, Twilight Princess had way better dungeons.

Ocarina of Time was a great first 3D Zelda, but it's far and away from being the best game in the series.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

zombi3wolf

Morrowind has not aged well and is vastly overrated...like every Bethesda made game. The only interesting thing in Fallout 4 was the settlement building....and even that needed mods to be enjoyable, otherwise what an awful game.
Perhaps not so unpopular now, but bethesda is overall awful at making games and the worst AAA gaming company currently.

PoE is vastly overrated and only decent since it's free. And despite ActiBlizzard issues, Diablo 3 is an extremely fun game.

I prefer cartoon-y graphics over realistic ones and despise when people complain a game is too "cartoon-y and made for children".

I would prefer to see games go back to being a bit more linear (maybe similar to Uncharted 4. Linear with multiple paths to explore). Open world games have become incredibly boring, bland and uninteresting. The Witcher 3 is the only exception for myself and open world games.

McKids remains my favourite NES game (not sure if this is unpopular, but I know many people hate the McDonalds branding).

The recent update to NMS actually made the game much worse.

Everything about mobile games are awful. From their horrible mtx systems (being pushed into more and more PC/console games), the horrible controls, poor performance, ads, pay to win/continue faster.

Games alone > games with friends

zombi3wolf

My Nintendo: zombiewolf

GeoChrome

A sequel to Donkey Kong 64 would be much better than a new Country Returns game.

zombi3wolf

@ReaderRagfihs I think it had to do with the time it was released. The McDonald's characters and fast food characters in general were quite popular with kids in the 90's (commercial marketing). Honestly I never cared much about the McDonald's aspect of the game, I just had fun playing it.

zombi3wolf

My Nintendo: zombiewolf

TheAwesomeBowser

Every 3D Mario game, ranked (imo).
Odyssey > 3D World > Galaxy 1&2 > Sunshine > 3D Land > 64

I'm gonna get a lot of hate for putting 64 last.

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

GeoChrome

@TheAwesomeBowser Well, it is the technically the worst one, in terms of controls, mechanics, and graphics. Just because it was the first and people are nostalgic for it doesn’t mean it’s the best. I wouldn’t say it’s the worst, but it is your opinion.

Most controllers are very overrated. I wouldn’t really say that the Wii Classic Controller is a step above the Wiimote. Also hate keyboard and mouse controls. It’s the main thing keeping me from using Steam (yes I know that the Switch Pro is compatible, but not for all games).

Edited on by GeoChrome

Ralizah

@TheAwesomeBowser Oh, good, a like mind! I came to Mario 64 as an adult, and I just don't like anything about it. Feels awful to control, the camera is weird, and it's almost painful to look at these days.

Personally, I'd rank them...

Galaxy > Sunshine > Odyssey > 3D World > 3D Land > Galaxy 2 (this one never really grabbed me, for whatever reason) > 64

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic