Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 6,001 to 6,020 of 12,088

Ralizah

What are people's issues with M64DS besides the run button and D-Pad controls?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

BongoBongo123

Super Mario odyssey is the worst 3d game in the series because most of the content is post game. Also It’s basically a massive collectathon like DK64.

BongoBongo123

Cobalt

@BongoBongo123

I say the same since I played it.

Mario Odyssey is the worst 3D Mario EVER !

Cobalt

GeoChrome

@Buizel I oddly never had a problem with the controls, even when using the D-Pad. Though, I never really thought the KI: Uprising controls were bad, so I’m probably just the minority in this situation.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Ralizah

Mario 64 is my least favorite 3D Mario, and SMW is my least favorite 2D Mario. I've honestly tried to enjoy these games, and I'll just never understand what people see in them. Mario 64, in particular, is one of my all-time least favorite games... playing it just feels gross. I never feel like I'm in full control of Mario. It's bad enough that I feel a knot in my stomach any time I even see screenshots of the game, because terrible memories of playing the game come flooding back to me.

Oh, and another unpopular opinion: BotW has one of the better soundtracks in the Zelda series. The heavy use of ambient music fits well with the gameplay, and it also doesn't take away from some of the beautiful and dramatic tracks that feature throughout the game. The soundscape as a whole is easily the best in the series.

GeoChrome

Wario: Master Of Disguise is an overlooked gem.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Beedrill4Smash

Odyssey is my least liked 3D Mario. I hate the game's structure: a bunch of hub worlds with power moons so abundant that they have lost all value to me. I much prefer games with individually designed levels such as the Galaxies or 3D World.

Beedrill4Smash

Buizel

Ralizah wrote:

Mario 64 is my least favorite 3D Mario

I agree with this. Not that Mario 64 is a bad game, but every 3D Mario since has managed to better it imo. Also I do agree that the controls have aged pretty poorly.

Ralizah wrote:

SMW is my least favorite 2D Mario.

Now this is an unpopular opinion, and one that I struggle to understand personally. I can understand preferring SMB3, and maybe NSMBU or something. But SMB1 and 2? Land 1 and 2? The New Super Mario Bros games?

PolarExperience wrote:

I never really thought the KI: Uprising controls were bad

This! I quite like the button / touch screen combo, and liked it in Metroid Prime Hunters as well. Allows for more precision than dual analog.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Ralizah

@Buizel It's harder to put my finger on with SMW. I think, ultimately: I don't like the range of available power-ups; the music is weird; I hate Mario's character sprite; I don't care for the way he controls; I found the levels to be less imaginative than in a lot of other Mario games; I hate the ghost houses; and I never really have any fun when I'm playing it.

I wouldn't say it's a worse game than most of the ones you listed, but I do enjoy it less.

I might boot it up again sometime and see if I can't get into it. I don't hate it like Mario 64, I just... can never get into it.

HobbitGamer

I enjoyed Manhunt 2 on Wii.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ralizah

I prefer playing DKC: Tropical Freeze with Wiimote + Nunchuk over any other control method, including the Pro Controller. Indeed, I voluntarily played the entire game with waggle controls and enjoyed myself!

Buizel

Ralizah wrote:

@Buizel It's harder to put my finger on with SMW. I think, ultimately: I don't like the range of available power-ups; the music is weird; I hate Mario's character sprite; I don't care for the way he controls; I found the levels to be less imaginative than in a lot of other Mario games; I hate the ghost houses; and I never really have any fun when I'm playing it.

That makes sense...although I have very much the opposite opinion on all of those things other than the ghost houses!

At least 2'8".

CanisWolfred

ReaderRagfihs wrote:

While we're on the topic of unpopular 3D Mario opinions, Galaxy is my least favorite 3D Mario.

The controls always felt a bit sluggish and heavy. I'm so used to constantly controlling the camera in 3D Mario games, and Galaxy gives you very little control. It's still a great game though, the level design is very fun.

That's my least favorite, too. It's still a great game for what it's trying to do, but I prefer a lighter feel, and more camera control in my 3D platformers. On top of that, I also usually prefer more expansive levels over smaller ones that feel like they were transplanted from a 2D platformer. It's the same reason I prefer Spyro over Crash, or Ratchet & Clank over Jak & Daxter. It's not that one is inherently better, I just prefer feeling like I have more freedom of movement.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Cobalt

The YM2612(Megadrive) sounds better than the Sony SPC700(Super Famicom).

Cobalt

LadyCharlie

unpopular opinion, 12/29/2018:

Super Smash Bros Melee SUUUUCKS and feels super antiquated.

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

Anti-Matter

Miitopia (3DS) is 1000 times Much Better than OMG Ultra HD Final Fantasy XV.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

New_Guest wrote:

N64 is Nintendo's worst console

At the time, PC had better games. In games like Mario64 and DK64, the graphics looked bland and blurry, the world seemed empty. The controller wasn't good, and the console itself looked ugly

I think you were right.
Only N64, the Nintendo machine that i skipped completely.
I don't like the machine design, controller design, color scheme buttons.
I never knew the games library of N64, but so far i know, there is nothing interest from N64 games.
If i have to choose between N64 & PS1 during that era, i will choose PS1 for better machine design & color, more interesting games library than N64, beautiful CD packaging.

Anti-Matter

NEStalgia

@Ralizah I'll never (ever) agree on SMW, one of the most amazing 2D games ever made, bar none. But I do agree on Mario 64. I wasn't sold on it in '96 and I'm still not. The camera, the movement, and the ugliness of it, even in its time compared to SNES games, always never worked for me.

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic