Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 5,981 to 6,000 of 12,088

Ralizah

I remember people being really down on the "waggle" controls from DKCR on Wii, but I love them. I loved that set-up so much that I played the entirety of Tropical Freeze on Wii U that way, even though I have access to a Pro Controller.

On the other hand, I hate the pointer controls of RE4 on Wii to the point where I couldn't even play it.

Those are my unpopular Wii-themed opinions for the day.

@JoakimZ I remember feeling like it was boring back in the day, but I really want to revisit it. It's the only one of the PS2 games I haven't completed.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Late

Nokia N-Gage was a great device. People are still joking about it but I'm sure most of them didn't even own the device.

I bought mine when I was 10. It cost exactly 100€ and I got a free game of my choice as well. I went with Tony Hawk's Pro Skater. It was my first time playing THPS and it was awesome. I did everything there was to do. While the games were only 15-25€ a piece here (not sure how much they were in other countries), I only ever got few games. The games I bought: Rayman 3 and Bomberman, were great too. Rayman is also on GBA, although there are some differing levels and Bomberman was what you'd expect but as far as I know, it was its own game. The story mode in Bomberman was fun but as one would expect, I didn't get to play the bluetooth multiplayer mode because no one else had an N-Gage.

It's a shame my old N-Gage doesn't work anymore. I might get a new one at some point and collect games for it. While there were only ~50 games that were released, most of those games are from well known series such as Call of Duty, Civilization, Crash, King of Fighters, Puzzle Bobble, Sonic, Monkey Ball, The Sims, Tomb Raider and Worms. I'm sure there are some quality games on N-Gage that most people have never played.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

GeoChrome

I’m not even sure if this is unpopular, but Super Mario 3D Land is better than 3D World.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

LadyCharlie

unpopular opinion:
Switch Joy Cons > game cube controller

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

GeoChrome

Guacamelee! Turbo Hyper Ultra Edition (or whatever it’s actually called) is not very fun/good at all.

Cobalt

Super Mario Odyssey is a mediocre 3D Mario compare to the other opus.

Cobalt

HobbitGamer

ARK on Switch is actually quite fun.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

Switch games library = 100 x much better than PS4 games library in my opinion.

Anti-Matter

GeoChrome

ARMS would have been GOTY if it had a better story/single player mode, more ARMS, and good expansion DLC.

LadyCharlie

@PolarExperience
I co-sign the heck outta this.
Arms remains a game with enormous untapped potential.

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

GeoChrome

Super Mario 64 DS isn’t that bad.

@CharlieSmile So true, surprised it didn’t get an expansion DLC near the release of the Splat 2 Octo Expansion.

Edited on by GeoChrome

GeoChrome

@KryptoniteKrunch It would be much worse if more than 5% of the games actually utilized the touchpad.

Beedrill4Smash

The Zelda series, as a whole, has never seemed to impress me. I have heard the phrase "It's a good game, but a bad Zelda game", when speaking of BotW, here and there, but I think that's why I love BotW so much. I don't get what makes people go crazy for Zelda. They aren't bad by any means, but they I don't think they've ever been anything more than "good".

Beedrill4Smash

Buizel

I think Spyro did more to rival Nintendo's platformers than Crash did. Although I see Crash being the better mascot, I think Spyro's gameplay was more innovative, and I find the quality of the experience in Spyro overall to be more comparable to that of the Nintendo greatest hits at the time.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

GeoChrome

Nintendo Switch Online is worth the money and I have had a lot of fun with the NES games.

kkslider5552000

PolarExperience wrote:

Super Mario 64 DS isn’t that bad.

It isn't, but it's also not as good as the original, literally Nintendo's first major attempt at a fully 3D video game. And despite loving the idea of the remake and being a huge fan of the original, I still thought the bonus minigames were the highlight of the game.

But as a 3d platformer remake early in the DS lifespan, it was not a bad release. That's what Rayman 2 was for (to the point that they literally remade it again for 3DS, which is funny).

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Cobalt

The Wii U was ahead of its time. (like the Dreamcast BTW)

Edited on by Cobalt

Cobalt

Buizel

@kkslider5552000 @PolarExperience I loved Mario 64 DS at the time, the only issue in my eyes being the controls (which were easily overlooked simply for having a full 3D Mario on the go for the first time).

If I had to play one version today? Not sure which I'd chose actually.

At least 2'8".

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic