Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 5,941 to 5,960 of 12,088

AccessibleDaydream

Fortnite sucks, and so do swimming levels/worlds in Mario.

AccessibleDaydream

Switch Friend Code: SW-2307-0614-2423 | My Nintendo: Dj64Mk7 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

OptometristLime

Gen 7 of Pokemon is the worst Pokemon Generation yet, in my opinion. Yes, even worse than Gen 1.

Gen 1 created Pokemon both in concept and as a world. I don't think anyone who fell in love with the games back then could then decry them without being some what hypocritical. My opinion.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Buizel

CanisWolfred wrote:

Dj64Mk7 wrote:

Wait......people actually like Mario's Water Levels?

I don't mind Mario water levels...they're not the best, but they're certainly some of the least frustrating water levels in video games.

That said, I'm not sure @Dj64Mk7 's is an unpopular opinion...

Snaplocket wrote:

I don't like that Cloud and Ryu are in Smash and was really hoping they would be given the axe in Ultimate.

May I ask why?

At least 2'8".

Buizel

@Snaplocket I find Cloud to be one of the most enjoyable characters to play as, myself. I like the overlimit system (although it times it does seem a bit overpowered) and I think the Midgar stage is fairly inspired.

Can't really say much about Ryu though. I'm not a big Street Fighter fan to begin with.

At least 2'8".

Buizel

While we're on Smash:

Subspace, while cool in concept, was a load of rubbish. I'd much rather see something along the lines of Melee's Adventure mode make a return, or something completely new with more of a focus on Nintendo's IP.

At least 2'8".

Buizel

@Snaplocket Oh, that I agree with, but it would have to have vastly improved for me. Subspace was so much of a slog that I would rather unlock characters by repeating Classic mode over and over.

At least 2'8".

CanisWolfred

Snaplocket wrote:

@Buizel Because they have really uninspired move-sets and add pretty much nothing gameplay-wise? The time spent on them could have been used to give us more awesome Nintendo characters people were asking for.

Ryu comes from a completely different type of Fighting game, and arrived with most of his classic movelist intact. I definitely felt that he offered a different experience that no other character in Smash before or since could match, especially in 1v1 matches on Final Destination.

I'll concede that Cloud was kind of disappointing - they mostly kept true to his attack animation from FF7, but a lot of his attacks aren't that different from other sword wielding/magic wielding fighters, and I think there's already another hybrid or two before Cloud, so....yeah, I was actually kind of underwhelmed when I finally played him. I wouldn't want him taken out of the next Smash, though...mostly because it's going to have an all-star cast, so there will be far worse redundancies...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

AccessibleDaydream

CanisWolfred wrote:

Dj64Mk7 wrote:

Wait......people actually like Mario's Water Levels?

If they do, count me as a squid.

AccessibleDaydream

Switch Friend Code: SW-2307-0614-2423 | My Nintendo: Dj64Mk7 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

Megas75

Ryu is freaking great, I especially love how they incorporated his traditional fighting game style into his move set, using the combos to execute his specials

As for Cloud, he fights exactly how I expected him too, not sure what else people were expecting, I do like his use of limits though

Edited on by Megas75

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

I-U

Metroid Prime: Federation Force is better than Metroid: Samus Returns in every way but art style. If it wasn't for being the first Metroid game in seven years with Samus in a lead, playable role, I think its entire battle system and enemy A.I. design would have gotten much more criticism for how repetitive it is with all of the waiting for the counter move window. Other M was heavily criticized for a much less repetitive combat system with better enemy A.I. design.

I hope, "Hi, I'm Daisy!" is used as a line in all four of Daisy's taunts in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate paired only with different animations. The phrase is so iconic and can be so annoying that it could ride the "love to hate" train to the bank and/or offer more humor to the experience.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Buizel

I quite like the original XBox ("Duke") controller...

I don't even have big hands.

At least 2'8".

CanisWolfred

@BeetonTheRobot I think most people's problems with Zelda's weapon durability system is that every weapon except the Master Sword is made out of Paper Mache. :T Seriously, I don't think I've seen a game where weapon durability was this bad. "Adding suspense to battles" usually isn't the intended purpose - it's there to encourage you to utilize different weapons. They went overboard, and now it's just a bad idea to use anything good...it's like Elixers in early Final Fantasy...I usually never use them because they're so rare, and I never know when there's gonna be a more important time to use them...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Nemodius

CanisWolfred wrote:

@BeetonTheRobot I think most people's problems with Zelda's weapon durability system is that every weapon except the Master Sword is made out of Paper Mache.

AMEN to that !!!
(for me) this would not have been an issue if they had implemented a repair/maintenance system
a lot of games have adopted a "wear and tear" system, but they also give you the opportunity to, upgrade, repair and maintain siad equipment,
but in a game where you have limited carry ability, can end up fighting a lot of monsters and not have the time to go "Ohhh SHNITZEL !!! all my weapons are broken and I'm almost or at a boss, or something

it's a pain in the Brass to try and keep an arsenal of weapons, because then you may not be able to hold other stuff and constantly stopping to go try and buy replacements or hunt for them gets tedious and time consuming, it gets VERY OLD, VERY QUICK, if Nintendo does make a new Zelda, they need to just either put back indestructible weapons or implement a repair/maintenance system simple

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

NEStalgia

To make matters more fun, most of the weapons that don't suck were made of crystal......

NEStalgia

BrainOfGrimlock

I hated the durability too - that coupled with the dodgy inventory just made combat a complete chore and something to avoid because you’d often come out poorer than you went in... They could have patched in a ‘weapon durability’ toggle and fixed the issue for a lot of people but I guess it’s their prerogative not to? It would certainly be enough to get me playing it again, I have the DLC and some other stuff I never got around to but I just think back to the weapons and I just hit a hard ‘Nope’ wall.

Similar feeling in RDR2 right now; I love the majority of the game, but a lot of the side stuff such as hunting/talking in camp etc is riddled with busywork/weird decisions that just illicits a groan and an eye roll whenever I come across something I want to do, but know the game will punish me for.

BrainOfGrimlock

EvilLucario

I play MMOs which have heavy degradation mechanics so BotW's durability did nothing for me. It helps that BotW was really well-balanced with the durability so when you start thinking of your weapons as ammunition as something like Halo 1, you'll do just fine.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

diwdiws

So i after playing BOTW (my first Zelda) for about 12 hrs im shelfing it. Coming from a CRPG background, found it boring...boring story, empty environment, full of busy work with collectibles, and I really hated the shrines...

diwdiws

Tiefseemiez

While we're (not anymore now...) on Smash:
I really liked the board-game-mode in Smash 4 Wii U.
Far more than Subspace anyway.
Was rather addicted and even though most of the time nobody knew what's going on the chaos, especially in the end battle with all the random characters you collected, was quite fun.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

Krull

@diwdiws That is completely fair - Zelda games are not even RPGs (except Zelda 2), and are even further away from the CRPG spectrum. The tradition of the game is action-adventure with puzzle elements, and the shrines are purest form of that remaining in BotW. I don't think you were ever going to get on well with it.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic