Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 5,881 to 5,900 of 12,088

Dogorilla

@DarthNocturnal Yeah, although the other four vs modes all come under Ranked Battle, which rotates between the four modes. Personally I don't mind this but I can see why many people would rather every mode was available at all times.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

EvilLucario

Normally, split Joy-Cons are amazing. But my left Joy-Con has connection problems so I can't play it like that at all without going into tabletop mode...

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Buizel

@Ralizah In the Wii days I was always an advocate of Wiimote + Nunchuk and the comfort/freedom it had. Nowadays I'm not so much of a fan (too much asymmetry in weight, shape, and rumble, button layout is poor and lack of dual analogue), but I am very happy that split controllers have returned.

Another unpopular opinion somewhat stolen from a Caddicarus video...I thought Yooka-Laylee was pretty good. Like...as good as Banjo-Kazooie. What were people expecting that I wasn't?

At least 2'8".

Megas75

I like Call of Duty

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

KirbyTheVampire

Megas75 wrote:

I like Call of Duty

This is actually an extremely popular opinion. Call of Duty is one of the biggest gaming franchises ever.

KirbyTheVampire

Scrummer

I'm really not a fan of Zelda games. I don't know why but I just can never get into them. The only one I like is Breath of the Wild but that's because it's not a traditional Zelda game.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Vinny

My least favorite Kirby game is Mass Attack. It just didn't click with me, I always felt the levels dragged on forever and the controls weren't so precise.
I'm not a big fan of Dream Land 3, but Mass Attack is the only title in the series I really didn't like.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

EvilLucario

@Scrummer I'll have to agree there. I don't know why I dislike traditional Zelda as a whole, I just do. I did enjoy Ocarina of Time to a degree, but I could not get into Majora's Mask and Wind Waker at all. I haven't tried Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword much either. I did beat A Link to the Past, though, and I had an alright time there. Don't have A Link Between Worlds, though.

BotW was great for me though, since it went back to Zelda 1 structure, except made it all much less obtuse and more freeform, tweaking everything in the right places for me. I also really enjoyed Zelda II with how it was less of a Zelda game and more of a prototype of Shovel Knight.

One day, I'll give the games one final chance to see if I can change my mind.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

DuskformLycanroc

I don’t like Mario games. Tried a few over the years but never had the patience or interest before frustration kicked in.

Weirdly odyssey is the one Mario game I’ve liked. I think it’s the increased exploration in the worlds. Can still get frustrated by the plat forming but the coin/life system made it better. I just kept wanting to go back to explore more.

3DS FC 5387-0811-6168

Megas75

KirbyTheVampire wrote:

Megas75 wrote:

I like Call of Duty

This is actually an extremely popular opinion. Call of Duty is one of the biggest gaming franchises ever.

Sales=/=reception
Call of Duty has been one of the internet gaming community's punching bag for a long time now

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

TuVictus

Megas75 wrote:

KirbyTheVampire wrote:

Megas75 wrote:

I like Call of Duty

Sales=/=reception
Call of Duty has been one of the internet gaming community's punching bag for a long time now

Yeah, it's not exactly rare to find people on pretty much any gaming website who bash it just because it's "Call of Duty". It's definitely unpopular on forums like these

TuVictus

KirbyTheVampire

MisterPi wrote:

Megas75 wrote:

KirbyTheVampire wrote:

Megas75 wrote:

I like Call of Duty

Sales=/=reception

Yeah, it's not exactly rare to find people on pretty much any gaming website who bash it just because it's "Call of Duty". It's definitely unpopular on forums like these

People like us are kind of in our own little bubble, though. Most gamers are very casual and just buy a PS4 to play games like CoD and FIFA, and don't frequent gaming forums or anything like that. Many of them have probably never even heard of franchises like The Witcher or Splatoon or God of War. To those people, games like CoD are the only reason to even own a gaming console.

I do agree that in the online gaming community, CoD is a bit of an underdog, but in the rest of the world, CoD is an absolute giant. We're actually the ones with the unpopular opinion.

KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

@DarthNocturnal I prefer Battlefield as well. I find the slower-paced gameplay much more fun than running around a little map like a madman shooting people constantly and dying constantly.

KirbyTheVampire

TuVictus

Funny enough I think it's more socially acceptable to prefer Battlefield in online communities than it is to like Call of Duty

TuVictus

CanisWolfred

Megas75 wrote:

KirbyTheVampire wrote:

Megas75 wrote:

I like Call of Duty

Sales=/=reception

Because it is popular, and people love to **** on popular stuff in order to come off as edgy.

Also, because there are tons of crap that the franchise gets away with that they absolutely wouldn't if they weren't the biggest name in the industry for an entire decade, such as having campaign modes that always feels like its going through the motions as far as its level design/setpieces are concerned, while offering no real strategy on normal and possibly harder difficulties except "rush forward like a chicken with your head cut-off," constantly repackaging their multiplayer with tweaks and new maps in what is essentially a $60 yearly subscription strategy that offers the option to dump way over $60 into an empty black void, or my favorite: blatantly chasing trends, doing them worse than everyone else they're copying from, and still being financially rewarded for it. It's a good thing I don't drink alcohol, because I would probably have to be rushed to the hospital once Activision boasts about how many people bought microtransactions that they'll inevitably offer in their Battle Royal Mode, which they're replacing an actual campaign mode with, because why do more work to make your critically-acclaimed products better and more relevant, when you can just copy something wholesale that's really popular, but stupidly easy for a big company to copy and do better, since they have about 5 times the staff on hand to do so, yet it will still only take a 5th of the man-power/time in the end? If that? Assuming they will even put in that much time, effort, and dedication, and not just reskin it, add in jets and helicopters, slap their brand on it, and call it a day? I mean, they could've just made it a full-fledged spin-off, no one would've said no, but that'd require they put in enough effort that it could stand up on its own.

Activision-Blizzard can go die in a fire, because they are a cancer on the industry. That is my unpopular opinion for the day.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

AxeltheBuizel

Lego games are my guilty pleasure. I like being able to play through some of my favorite movies in a humorous way that makes them fresh again, and they make amazing Co-op games too.

AxeltheBuizel

SuperWeird

I don't see how anyone can possibly like Animal Crossing. All the endless stupid dialogue is annoying beyond belief.

Feel the same way about Pokemon. Have no idea why anyone likes this series or why it's so popular.

SuperWeird

KirbyTheVampire

@DarthNocturnal That's definitely true. I feel like you have a chance to do pretty well no matter what weapon you choose in Battlefield.

Also, I just am incapable of being better than "kinda good" at CoD because of the pace of the gameplay. I prefer how Battlefield has more of a slow and methodical feel, because then I can actually do pretty well.

Then again, I was pretty inexperienced at shooters back in my CoD days, so I'm probably better at it now.

KirbyTheVampire

cheetahman91

Here’s another one: I really don’t see the appeal in PUBG. I’ve seen gameplay and it looks way too slow paced for my liking.
I don’t play BR games, but I would honestly much rather play Fortnite. At least it’s far more fast paced.

@CanisWolfred I feel you there man. Hopefully people finally decide to vote with their wallets, but we all know that’s not going to happen.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic