Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 581 to 600 of 12,088

Shirma_Akayaku

@Jaz007 I'm not necessarily saying they won't try to produce offspring. All I'm trying to say is that breeding alone isn't a reason they shouldn't get married.

But we should get back on topic since TBD doesn't like this kind of conversation. She'll mostly likely tell us to take this conversation elsewhere.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Dezzy

unrandomsam wrote:

There is a good reason for not marrying your sister (Or cousins for that matter). No such reason exists for marriage between people who cannot breed together so that should be legal.

There definitely isn't a good reason. There's a good reason not to have children with your close relatives (although the reason decreases proportionally with the relatedness) but there's no good reason you can't marry and never have children.

Who's TBD?

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

Lol fair enough. Are you only allowed to talk about things the moderators here like then?

Maelstrom

Dezzy wrote:

Lol fair enough. Are you only allowed to talk about things the moderators here like then?

No. You can talk about whatever as long until the moderator shows up.

Unpopular opinion: Off topic discussion is good

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

Dezzy

Haha how nice and Orwellian.

theblackdragon

PRO-TIP: If you want to talk behind my back, don't @ me in a conversation. Just sayin'.
Or if you were just trying to tell me it was going on, thanks for letting me know, i suppose~

Now if we could all get back on the topic of Unpopular Gaming Opinions, that would be just dandy. Thanks in advance!

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Dezzy

Unpopular Opinion: The number of character customisation options has zero correlation with a games overall quality (looking at you smash bros and mk8!)

Chrono_Cross

Dezzy wrote:

Unpopular gaming opinion: Chrono Cross is soooo much better than Trigger.

There are others?

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Dezzy

Lol. Your name is Chrono_Cross and you have an avatar of Freddie Mercury. I like you!

Although I just realised that my love of Chrono Cross might be in conflict with my previous post......hmmmmm.

CaviarMeths

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

There are others?

It's really close, and I'm still not sure which I find subjectively better. Objectively, Trigger is better. I absolutely love Chross, but at the same time, I get sad when I think about how Kato was restricted by time, budget, and hardware. Just imagine what he could have done if he was allowed to fully realize his vision.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Dreamz

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

There are others?

No, no there aren't. I'm not sure what the Chrono Cross that everyone keeps talking about, but it definitely never happened.

CaviarMeths wrote:

It's really close, and I'm still not sure which I find subjectively better. Objectively, Trigger is better. I absolutely love Chross, but at the same time, I get sad when I think about how Kato was restricted by time, budget, and hardware. Just imagine what he could have done if he was allowed to fully realize his vision.

Restricted budget wouldn't cause him to butcher the original characters, story, and world the way he did with the given resources. Well, if he had ever made such a game. Which he didn't.

Edited on by Dreamz

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

CaviarMeths

Dreamz wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Restricted budget wouldn't cause him to butcher the original characters, story, and world the way he did with the given resources. Well, if he had ever made such a game. Which he didn't.

So you're mad that it's not a direct sequel. That's fine too, I suppose.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

GuSolarFlare

the best point to get into a game series is the worst game(if you're aware that it is the worst one) this way you won't be disappointed by the rest of the series if you like it enough to not drop it entirely.
of course not counting spin-offs as they don't represent the main games.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

CaviarMeths

@GuSilverFlame

I understand your concept in theory, but it probably wouldn't work for any series. If someone was unfamiliar with JRPGs and their first Final Fantasy was 13, they'd probably not even bother trying any other Final Fantasy. Heck, half the people who were into Final Fantasy didn't even bother trying another. 13-2 had a 50% drop off in sales. 13-3 dropped off another 70%. That's a pretty darn high rate of abandon.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

GuSolarFlare

@CaviarMeths you're right, didn't think about this, there are other things to be considered.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

CaviarMeths

On the other hand, "Congratulations for making it through the Wand of Gamelon of JRPGs, literally every one you try after this will be better" is a decent sales pitch.

LyIa

CaviarMeths wrote:

If someone was unfamiliar with JRPGs and their first Final Fantasy was 13

That's me.

all men are kings 👑

Dreamz

CaviarMeths wrote:

I understand your concept in theory, but it probably wouldn't work for any series. If someone was unfamiliar with JRPGs and their first Final Fantasy was 13, they'd probably not even bother trying any other Final Fantasy. Heck, half the people who were into Final Fantasy didn't even bother trying another. 13-2 had a 50% drop off in sales. 13-3 dropped off another 70%. That's a pretty darn high rate of abandon.

A significant part of that is probably due to the main character for 13. When your own series' fans are calling her Blandy McPinkhair, that should probably tell you that creating not one but two different sequels with her isn't a stroke of marketing genius.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

8BitSamurai

CaviarMeths wrote:

If someone was unfamiliar with JRPGs and their first Final Fantasy was 13, they'd probably not even bother trying any other Final Fantasy. Heck, half the people who were into Final Fantasy didn't even bother trying another. 13-2 had a 50% drop off in sales. 13-3 dropped off another 70%. That's a pretty darn high rate of abandon.

For some reason, this does not come close to surprising me. Though I feel bad for anybody who fits the demographic.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic