Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 5,661 to 5,680 of 12,088

RancidVomit86

@shaneoh Let's not pretend like Nintendo are not Nazi's about anyone even remotely doing anything with any of their properties. People have been jumping through hoops to even stream Nintendo games for a long time. But congrats on finding Sega doing one time and that makes them overbearing.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

LuckyLand

Nintendo don't need to rely on games made by fan, Sega on the opposite does. Sega does what Nintendon't, except the fact that this time is a bad thing. There already is an enormous amount of fan made Sonic games, Sega just published the best one, a game so good that is far better than anything they could think of today by themselves. Those fans and their games are a blessing for Sega and their most recognizable IP. Sega gains a lot by publishing such a game. They did the right thing - good, they needed to do so - this is not that good.

Edited on by LuckyLand

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

RancidVomit86

@LuckyLand I get it you're going to bash Sega and defend Nintendo. I'm past that. It's the point that he is saying "No." to Nintendo shutting down a fan made Mario game and they completely would have.

Edited on by RancidVomit86

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

OdnetninAges

There seems to be a misconception that Sonic Mania was always a fan game, and Sega decided to just publish it after it was made, like Capcom and Mega Man vs. Street Fighter.

This isn't the case. It started as a pitch to Takashi Iizuka under the title of "Sonic Discovery", with only Studiopolis Zone Act 2 playable, although in an unfinished state. It got approved, but Iizuka suggested various things, such as incorporating remixed stages from Sonic 1, 2, 3, & Knuckles, and CD, and renaming the game to "Sonic Mania." At no point was it a fan game.

It's not really that much different than Sumo Digital pitching Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, and that being a success.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

RancidVomit86

@OdnetninAges Shh...this isn't the place for that...

But yeah, Christian Whitehead had been known in the community for his work but Mania was in no way a complete game brought to Sega. Sega made Mania happen. Although they do not deserve any form of credit for the game and everything they do is terrible.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Let's Go Buffalo!

ieatdragonz

Olala Sonic opinions in an unpopular forum! Aka, if you say any of the games are overrated automatic no no. I still love Adventure 2, no matter what the people say.

Honestly I wanna talk about another series that I really do have an unpopular opinion of, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Honestly, I think this subseries is a LOT better than the main series (minus gates to infinity). The main series feels like a stagnant mess no matter how much they try. I commend their efforts in Sun/Moon but it still just feels like a complete slog

On the other hand I cannot get enough of Mystery Dungeon. Blue, Time, Darkness, Sky and Super are such great games and they just have this hook to them in the recruitment of Pokemon. I also still think Hunger was something great, it made me actually strategize and organize my inventory for items. Its probably not for everyone but arceus damn do I love these games.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

People might think I'm childish for my picture, and I am.
Favorite games: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Metroid, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Sonic Generations
If you like Kirby, then you are a person I can trust.

LzWinky

RancidVomit86 wrote:

@OdnetninAges Shh...this isn't the place for that...

But yeah, Christian Whitehead had been known in the community for his work but Mania was in no way a complete game brought to Sega. Sega made Mania happen. Although they do not deserve any form of credit for the game and everything they do is terrible.

They also made Sonic Forces afterwards...so do they deserve credit for this?

They even held a party for Sonic. That went well, right? This was supposed to be the biggest celebration for their main mascot, right?

Their parent company bought Atlus though, so everything is great

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

RancidVomit86

@TheLZdragon Whataboutism doesn't work with me and I hate it. Sure they deserve credit when something goes wrong but that doesn't mean they should be stripped of credit for the good titles either which is exactly what people on here are trying to do. So, my point of them being in the wrong no matter what they do stands. But way to think you had a 'gotcha' moment on me.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Let's Go Buffalo!

LzWinky

RancidVomit86 wrote:

@TheLZdragon Whataboutism doesn't work with me and I hate it. Sure they deserve credit when something goes wrong but that doesn't mean they should be stripped of credit for the good titles either which is exactly what people on here are trying to do. So, my point of them being in the wrong no matter what they do stands. But way to think you had a 'gotcha' moment on me.

Except this is Sonic, their main mascot. Sonic Forces was supposed to be Sonic's next big game. This isn't an isolated incident and is the main driving factor for Sega's constantly being ridiculed. And aside from publishing PC and mobile games, what else does Sega really do?

Edited on by LzWinky

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

RancidVomit86

@TheLZdragon I already covered other games and every Atlus release is also a Sega release.

Again, you think every bad Sonic title Sega should be blamed for but get no recognition for the good titles.

I'm getting tired of this. So, to end it, you are right and I'm wrong. Sega is awful and hasn't done anything right since early 90's. They are possibly the most garbage company in gaming and all they do is release terrible Sonic games (which none have been good since Sonic 3).

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Let's Go Buffalo!

shaneoh

RancidVomit86 wrote:

But congrats on finding Sega doing one time and that makes them overbearing.

Hey, everyone thinks they're legends for that one time they licensed a fan game. Although if it makes you unhappier, here's a second time they shut down a fan project.

Edited on by shaneoh

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

LuckyLand

@RancidVomit86 I think that he said "no" about the fact that Sega should be praised for having published a game much more acclaimed than anything they could have done. It is a good thing for Sega. Sonic and Sega gained a lot from this game. You don't praise someone for getting help from others. Those fans made a great game and Sega is gaining much more benefit from it than it would have gained shutting it down (basically nothing). I don't think there's anything to praise about that.

Of course Nintendo wouldn't have published a Mario fan game and would have shut it down instead. We all are aware of this. The fact is Ninte do can afford to behave this way Sega don't. That's why there's no reason to praise Sega for this

Edited on by LuckyLand

RancidVomit86

@LuckyLand @shaneoh @Tsurii Again, you are right and I'm wrong. Sega is awful and hasn't done anything right since early 90's. They are possibly the most garbage company in gaming and all they do is release terrible Sonic games (which none have been good since Sonic 3).

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Let's Go Buffalo!

LuckyLand

@RancidVomit86 We simply have explained why we don't think Sega deserve credit in this situation (nobody would, it's not just a Sega thing it's the situation itself) but think whatever you want anyway

Powloon

Did not find anything about this... So, here it is.
Super Mario Oddysey is so overrated.

Powloon

RancidVomit86

LuckyLand wrote:

@RancidVomit86 I think that he said "no" about the fact that Sega should be praised for having published a game much more acclaimed than anything they could have done. It is a good thing for Sega. Sonic and Sega gained a lot from this game. You don't praise someone for getting help from others. Those fans made a great game and Sega is gaining much more benefit from it than it would have gained shutting it down (basically nothing). I don't think there's anything to praise about that.

Here's my problem. This is like saying, for example, the company I work for deserves no credit for my work even though they saw my qualifications and hired me, provide the resources and product.

They do deserve credit for all those things even though I'm the guy actually doing the work. Without them my part never would be where it is.

Sega did the same thing. They saw the talent, hired them, provided the resources and put the product to market.

Not only do I disagree with the thought that this is not an enormous contribution to the game from them but I also think it is morally wrong to deny it just like I think it would be morally wrong for me to deny my employers roll in my work and pretend like it is not a meaningful contribution.

But I guess we all have different values and an idea of what it takes to make any project a success.

Edit: Thought of a better example that might connect with you guys more. Although I still feel praise will be heaped on Nintendo and Sega will be bashed but it's just a shotI guess.

Nintendo recognised the potential of Bayonetta and Platinum Games, Nintendo invest the resources in Platinum Games and Nintendo brought the product to market. Nintendo deserves credit for their role in bringing us a great game. Platinum Games did the work but it would not had happened without Nintendo and they deserve credit for their contributions to the game.

Edit 2: Also according to you guys Sega deserves no credit for Mania cause it wasn't developed in-house which means they also have no blame for Sonic Boom cause it wasn't developed in-house. So, this is at least some sort of a win for Sega.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Let's Go Buffalo!

LzWinky

RancidVomit86 wrote:

I think that he said "no" about the fact that Sega should be praised for having published a game much more acclaimed than anything they could have done. It is a good thing for Sega. Sonic and Sega gained a lot from this game. You don't praise someone for getting help from others. Those fans made a great game and Sega is gaining much more benefit from it than it would have gained shutting it down (basically nothing). I don't think there's anything to praise about that.

Well the point was that Sonic Mania is the exception, not the rule.

Here's my problem. This is like saying, for example, the company I work for deserves no credit for my work even though they saw my qualifications and hired me, provide the resources and product.

They do deserve credit for all those things even though I'm the guy actually doing the work. Without them my part never would be where it is.

Well they do deserve credit. I was more or less attacking Sega's gross mismanagement of Sonic for every other release.

Sega did the same thing. They saw the talent, hired them, provided the resources and put the product to market.

And followed up with a very questionable game of their own making.

Not only do I disagree with the thought that this is not an enormous contribution to the game from them but I also think it is morally wrong to deny it just like I think it would be morally wrong for me to deny my employers roll in my work and pretend like it is not a meaningful contribution.

But I guess we all have different values and an idea of what it takes to make any project a success.

Edit: Thought of a better example that might connect with you guys more. Although I still feel praise will be heaped on Nintendo and Sega will be bashed but it's just a shotI guess.

Nintendo recognised the potential of Bayonetta and Platinum Games, Nintendo invest the resources in Platinum Games and Nintendo brought the product to market. Nintendo deserves credit for their role in bringing us a great game. Platinum Games did the work but it would not had happened without Nintendo and they deserve credit for their contributions to the game.

Edit 2: Also according to you guys Sega deserves no credit for Mania cause it wasn't developed in-house which means they also have no blame for Sonic Boom cause it wasn't developed in-house. So, this is at least some sort of a win for Sega.

No one but you even made this point. And no, they deserve a win after screwing over Sonic so many times. Actually let me rephrase that: Sonic deserves a win after Sega's inconsistent handling of his franchise.

People constantly bash Sega mostly because of how they mishandle Sonic. Some Sonic games are good because they have good ideas in them, but Sega throws those ideas out the window for the next game and we get another stinker. Like the 90s and early 2000s, they grossly mismanaged their products by making Sonic look like a joke.

The problem is also that Sega has very little to back up their failures. Yes, they own Atlus, but Atlus did not change and thus people don't recognize it as part of Sega. Also, Sega's reasons for pulling out of the console market and then console games was because they screwed up so many times. Aside from a couple of IPs, it seems they keep trying to latch onto Sonic, but they refuse to admit that maybe someone else should develop Sonic games. This is why people bash Sega so much.

If you want more info, read their Wikipedia page. It explains how utterly stupid their management can be...sometimes.

RancidVomit86

@TheLZdragon If your going to be involved then be involved enough to read all the post. The point was made and that's why I made my post to say Sega does deserve credit for Mania. You even used one of LuckyLand's post in your post but quoted it as being from me.

LuckyLand wrote:

I think that he said "no" about the fact that Sega should be praised for having published a game much more acclaimed than anything they could have done. It is a good thing for Sega. Sonic and Sega gained a lot from this game. You don't praise someone for getting help from others.

LuckyLand wrote:

We simply have explained why we don't think Sega deserve credit in this situation (nobody would, it's not just a Sega thing it's the situation itself)

TheLZdragon wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

And followed up with a very questionable game of their own making.

Again, whataboutism is terrible so please stop. Mania is it's own release and Forces is it's own. I was speaking of Mania. What Forces is doesn't matter in context to my post.

TheLZdragon wrote:

Sonic deserves a win after Sega's inconsistent handling of his franchise.

It's not his franchise. He is Sega's franchise.

TheLZdragon wrote:

Yes, they own Atlus, but Atlus did not change and thus people don't recognize it as part of Sega.

That doesn't change facts. They own Atlus. Sega was the one who said we are going to let Atlus continue to operate independent. But they still own it.

TheLZdragon wrote:

Also, Sega's reasons for pulling out of the console market and then console games was because they screwed up so many times.

They said a long time ago they were slowing release because they were releasing too much and spreading themselves thin which was hurting the company financially. Every Sega fan knew releases would slow because they told us they would.

TheLZdragon wrote:

If you want more info, read their Wikipedia page. It explains how utterly stupid their management can be...sometimes.

Everyone is aware of Sega's management issues, especially Sega of Japan but it still doesn't mean they deserve to be dragged through the mud so much. If all the people on the internet who claim they love JSR, Shenmue, Crazy Taxi, Panzer Dragoon and more had actually bought these game then we wouldn't have this discussion because those franchises would be wildly successful but they weren't. They sold poorly which made decisions from Sega management happen of not investing in some of these IP's anymore.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Let's Go Buffalo!

RancidVomit86

@CanisWolfred Battle Royale games I only find to be fun with friends.

As for the post above, I'm done with it guys. It's not like it is going anywhere cause no one is going to change anyone's mind. It's a thread for unpopular opinions and I had an unpopular opinion so you guys keep your popular opinions.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Let's Go Buffalo!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic