Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 5,621 to 5,640 of 12,088

Ralizah

@CreamyDream The levels all felt like claustrophobic hallways or really basic side-scrolling obstacle courses to me.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ralizah

Snaplocket wrote:

I'd rather play them over say Banjo Kazooie.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

@Snaplocket No issues, of course. The Crash Bandicoot games are also popular, so it''s probably not even an unpopular opinion!

Edited on by Ralizah

kkslider5552000

As someone who only played through and beat Crash Bandicoot literally...this year, I thought it was ok but stupid and frustrating at points. One of those games that absolutely should be beaten but not 100% completed. I do plan to try 2 soon enough since I have fond memories of playing the early sections (I would especially play a demo of it any store that had it, and stores had demos for Crash 2 for years). I'm assuming that 1's relative novelty and massive success (and parts of the game still being fun) meant by the time people would notice problems with it, Crash 2 was already out. Especially since back then people probably didn't immediately hype backlash games for stupid, hypocritical reasons (cough Bioshock 1 fans towards Infinite cough),

Both only recently having any sort of Playstation and NOT the PS4 to played the remastered editions, I feel like I'm in a unique place where I can actually judge Crash Bandicoot on its own.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

LuckyLand

I think Crash 2 has the best graphics. At least the most pleasant to watch. Back then they said (I saw it in an interview) that with Crash 3 they accomplished some impressive features with its graphics so ok it probably uses some impressive techniques but overall what I see is the only thing that matters in the end and when I see the three games in my opinion Crash 2 is the game that looks better and the only one that looks good still today.

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Dogorilla

Not sure how unpopular an opinion this is but 'leaks' kind of annoy me. I find it much harder to get immediately excited for a game (or even just new features, as with the supposedly leaked firmware update) when a leak appears online instead of it being officially announced, partly because all the discussion online is about debating whether it's real, rather than people talking about how excited they are for the game etc. I'd much rather there was a big announcement for it at a Direct or E3. Sometimes it also makes people form negative opinions about the game in advance, even when they don't know anything about it yet, as with Mario + Rabbids.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

DuskformLycanroc

Animal crossing is not relaxing as it makes you feel bad if you don't play regularly. I'm actually putting off starting to play it because of this even though I loved wild world. Also, I have a save file from about a year ago and I'm scared to go an face Isabelle to delete it. Disney magical world 2 is better and more fun to play than animal crossing.

Arms is more fun to play than Splatoon 2. I like that it has local multiplayer and I find it hard to get into online multiplayer anyway. Splatfests are fun though.

Pokemon should bring back HMs because I prefer them as ways to block of routes than all the annoying NPCs in gen 7 telling me I can't go that way. Also, new games don't need to add loads of new Pokemon as there's over 800 of them so there's plenty to put in a game that people have probally forgotten about as they aren't the usual popular one or gen 1.

Not every game post breath of the wild should be open world just because breath of the wild is critically acclaimed. Likewise turn based RPGs have their place in gaming too rather than fans of franchises like Pokemon wishing they would change the battle system to a more action based one.

I prefer playing my 3ds to my switch

Edited on by DuskformLycanroc

3DS FC 5387-0811-6168

LuckyLand

@DuskformLycanroc I agree. I "would" love Animal crossing but that's the reason why I don't completely enjoy it. I have played Animal Crossing Wii for an entire year, I decided that when I wanted to stop playing it I would have immediately deleted the save game because I did not want to see my village ruined (and the paths were already all messed up because it was inhumanly painful imho to be so much careful to not ruin them while you were playing) but when I actually decided to move on and I deleted the save data I felt so incredibly bad. It was immensely fun to play it but since then I've never been able to enjoy Animal crossing anymore despite the fact that I really like it and want to enjoy it.
I hope they will get rid of those stressful features in future Animal crossing episodes. I want to know that I can enjoy the game and can also take a break without having to worry about the village no matter how long the break is. And I want to be free to walk anywhere without making the paths turn into an ugly mess

LuckyLand

I love many Nintendo consoles, Nintendo is my favourite producer and I love many of its IPs but I think that Playstation 1 was a better console with a much better game library than Nintendo 64.
I don't completely dislike Nintendo 64 but it is rather borderline for me, average at best.

Another opinion that I think is unpopular but I'm not 100% sure: I think it is not good for a gaming console to completely avoid other functions like multimedia apps and stuff like that. I can undersrand if there's a particular situation when it is needed to focus only on gaming and nothing else but as a whole consoles should be entertainment devices. Every extra functions should be optional and available for download so that way people who aren't interested can still avoid it, but those who want it can have what they want.

Edited on by LuckyLand

CanisWolfred

@kkslider5552000 Nah, I think you're on the money about Crash 1, it had some some annoying faults that made it trickier than it needed to be if you wanted to get all the collectables and such...which I always felt was the best way to play a platformer...

Made for quite a bit of anti-Playstation fodder, IIRC. I never played Crash 2, always meant to. Crash 3 was very fun...until I tried the speed run challenges. Brace yourself on that front...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

This is not as unpopular as some opinions, but the idea that BOTW is the best Zelda is absurd to me. Not that it isn't an excellent game (based on what I've played so far), but because how abundantly clear it is to me that they can improve things on this.

I mean, it's an entirely new take on Zelda where they had to strip out elements to not make the Wii U version look better (this is stupid btw, if GCN Twilight Princess is any indication), it's going in the direction of one of the most overdone ideas in big budget gaming (open world), is filled with potential to add things to it that aren't currently there (though not as much as I had feared), etc. MAYBE you can convince me the next big budget, open world Zelda in...like 4-5 years won't be as good as BOTW is right now, but otherwise, it's pretty clear there's more that can be done.

I mean, tbh, there's more to be done in the previous type of 3D Zeldas too, but whatever...

Buizel

kkslider5552000 wrote:

they had to strip out elements to not make the Wii U version look better

What do you mean by this?

At least 2'8".

kkslider5552000

Buizel wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

There are elements of the Gamepad being used that were showed off but are absent in the final product.

LzWinky

They were taken out because we all realized the Gamepad was a failed concept

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SharkAttackU

LuckyLand wrote:

I love many Nintendo consoles, Nintendo is my favourite producer and I love many of its IPs but I think that Playstation 1 was a better console with a much better game library than Nintendo 64.
I don't completely dislike Nintendo 64 but it is rather borderline for me, average at best.

Totally agree. I never had one, but whenever I went to my best friend's house who did have one, I remember thinking, "this isn't twice as good as my PlayStation".

I think Mario 64 controls poorly. It's too touchy and sensitive. Combat is a disgrace.

Another unpopular opinion:

PlayStation lost me with the PS2. I don't get all the love for their exclusives. Uncharted is one of the most bland franchises ever, God of War is a shallow button masher that was later outclassed by Bayonetta in every way, Final Fantasy went down an arpg/mmo road I refuse to go down, generic anime game #386...

I like Xbox and Nintendo so much more.

SharkAttackU

Ralizah

PS1 is probably my favorite console of all time.

N64 would be lucky to make my top ten. Probably still wouldn't.

NaviAndMii

N64 is probably my favorite console of all time.

PS1 would be lucky to make my top ten. Probably still wouldn't.

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

If I had to go by fun had as a kid, N64 was my favorite childhood console. I also thought the trident layout was cool and yes I used the different hand placements based on what I was playing at the time.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Arminillo

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Buizel wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

There are elements of the Gamepad being used that were showed off but are absent in the final product.

You are correct, the original Wii U version would have been superior in every way. Map and inventory on the touch screen combined with motion assist aiming would have made the Switch version look like hogwash.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic