Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 561 to 580 of 12,088

kyuubikid213

Unca_Lz wrote:

What can I say? My opinion is unpopular?

Moving on: Final Fantasy 7 looks like trash, even by the standards back then

I got it recently on Steam and it hasn't caught me...
Also, I think the overworld graphics are pretty bad. The character models are good considering the amount of content in the game, but the world you traverse does that Resident Evil thing of having 2D scenery with 3D characters traversing it. It works in Resident Evil because everything is a room that you can easily and reasonably navigate. In Final Fantasy VII, you have to take forever to pick apart the scenery and find what you can climb on and go under...

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

CanisWolfred

^Yeah, that's a huge problem in FF7. I like the game a lot, but I'll freely admit that the game has a lot of problems that largely stem from its graphics. It's pretty much the poster child for "graphics do matter"...

Now imagine trying to play it on the PSP...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

World

I don't really think the Virtual Console will ever be the money-printer people some feel that it could be, even if Nintendo dumped every retro game on it.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE it. 99% of the games are new to me and I like that older pixel-art/chiptune style when it's not attached to Smug Indie Hipster Game 24.

But I feel like video games are more of a vogue industry than ever before, and people want what's new. For the most part, I feel like the only people buying Virtual Console games are historical voyeurs like me and the nostalgia commandos who will re-buy every game because they loved it then and they loved it now (and thus keep the Virtual Console alive-thanks guys!).

With the possible exception of the games that try something new with their emulation, like SEGA's 3D Classics, I just don't think that many people care about, say, Revenge of the Gator when they could have Zen Pinball, you know?

Edited on by World

World

DiscoDriver43

Indie games can just be as formulatic than "Big Budgeted games" I mean, come on, why does it always have to be platformers in a "Retro style"? Why not try a racing game or at least a fighting game.

Indie are not automatically better than the "big budgeted games"

Edited on by DiscoDriver43

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

World

@DiscoDriver43 Haha, see above for my EMPHATIC AGREEMENT.

Some of my favorite games so far this year are indies but, like, I'm pretty done with Physics Puzzler and Hard Platform Game.

World

DiscoDriver43

World wrote:

@DiscoDriver43 Haha, see above for my EMPHATIC AGREEMENT.

Some of my favorite games so far this year are indies but, like, I'm pretty done with Physics Puzzler and Hard Platform Game.

yes. i am getting bored with. Yes i know 8 bits is retro cool, but what do you do that any actual 8 bit games from the past doesn't do better? Again, why not a racing game? I mean there are so many times you can play the nostalgia card.

World

@DiscoDriver43 you read my mind! I would LOVE an indie, top-down racing game right about now!

World

DiscoDriver43

World wrote:

@DiscoDriver43 you read my mind! I would LOVE an indie, top-down racing game right about now!

i'm more game to a racing game that tries to emulate the arcade racing games of the 1990s.

unrandomsam

DiscoDriver43 wrote:

Indie games can just be as formulatic than "Big Budgeted games" I mean, come on, why does it always have to be platformers in a "Retro style"? Why not try a racing game or at least a fighting game.

Indie are not automatically better than the "big budgeted games"

There are loads in most of those categories they are just not on Nintendo systems. (Even the best ones in categories on the Nintendo platform tend not to be).

3D Platformers are harder to do well - the only arguably indie one I like is Psychonaughts.

Racing (There is at least another 50).

Little Racers Street (Bit like Micro Machines)
Swipecart
Jet Car Stunts
Street Racing Syndicate
Vangers
RC Cars
Riptide GP2

Fighting
Skullgirls
Blade Symphony (3D Fighting)
One Finger Death Punch
Vanguard Princess
Yatagarasu
Divekick

Indie does have a larger amount of absolute garbage though.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

LyIa

CanisWolfred wrote:

^What does that have to do with games? Or unpopular opinions?

Anyways, NIS is long past its heyday. Disgaea 4 was the last great game they put out, and most of what they've been publishing has been mediocre at best unless its a port of their previously good games. It's a far cry from their PS2 days when most of what NISA published was good, and what they developed was almost consistantly great.

I have an unplayed copy of Disgaea 4. Was it that good? I've held off on playing it for quite a while.

all men are kings 👑

Dezzy

Aviator wrote:

Gay marriage is a human right and deserves to be put in a life-simulation game.

Any kind of marriage should be a human right. You should be able to marry your sister if you both want to (no, I don't have a sister, stop that psychoanalysing)

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

Unpopular gaming opinion: Chrono Cross is soooo much better than Trigger.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

unrandomsam

Dezzy wrote:

Aviator wrote:

Any kind of marriage should be a human right. You should be able to marry your sister if you both want to (no, I don't have a sister, stop that psychoanalysing)

There is a good reason for not marrying your sister (Or cousins for that matter). No such reason exists for marriage between people who cannot breed together so that should be legal.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Shirma_Akayaku

unrandomsam wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

Aviator wrote:

There is a good reason for not marrying your sister (Or cousins for that matter). No such reason exists for marriage between people who cannot breed together so that should be legal.

So being not able to breed means you can't marry? Even if they can't breed, they can still adopt, just like any other gay, and lesbian marriage. Even infertile mothers can adopt. The reason you gave isn't really a good reason. (Honestly, I don't know what / who you're siding with, so don't take what I said personally. I had a hard time understanding your stance on the topic).

Anyways back on topic. I personally think certain Mario games are overated. I still have SMB3, and even though I enjoy it, I still don't see why it's one of the best retro games out there.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Jaz007

Rosalina wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

Aviator wrote:

So being not able to breed means you can't marry? Even if they can't breed, they can still adopt, just like any other gay, and lesbian marriage. Even infertile mothers can adopt. The reason you gave isn't really a good reason. (Honestly, I don't know what / who you're siding with, so don't take what I said personally. I had a hard time understanding your stance on the topic).

Anyways back on topic. I personally think certain Mario games are overated. I still have SMB3, and even though I enjoy it, I still don't see why it's one of the best retro games out there.

Are you talking about the sister thing, or the gay thing here?

Jaz007

theberrage

Castlevania 2 > 1 & 3

theberrage

Shirma_Akayaku

@Jaz007 The sister thing.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Jaz007

Rosalina wrote:

@Jaz007 The sister thing.

You expect them to marry, live together, and you think that they won't breed one day? If they live together as a married couple, it's probably gonna happen.

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic