Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 5,381 to 5,400 of 12,088

Cynas

@Timppis I don't think Mario 3D World released in the first year... Plus there are plenty of Switch games if you want to look at an entire year, like Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Mario Odyssey, Arms, Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, Zelda BoTW, etc....

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Timppis

@Xaldin

Switch came out November 30th 2012

Super Mario 3D world was released November 29th 2013

That's easily in the first year.

Wii U also got a Zelda port on the first year, like Switch. It had original IP's as well, like ARMS.

Timppis

Cynas

@Timppis Here in North America The Wii U came out November 18th 2012, so not here. And I wouldn't compare the release of Wind Waker HD to the release of Breath of the Wild. BoTW was a dual release, not an HD remake of a game from 2002. Not to mention the game came out 10 months into the Wii U's life time. It's not very fair to compare games that came out over half a year into the Wii U's lifetime (like Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Wind Waker HD, and Mario 3D World) when we haven't even gotten there with the Switch yet.

Edited on by Cynas

Cynas

Timppis

@Xaldin

Granted, Super Mario 3D world arrived to you 4 days after the first year. I am of course looking things from the viewpoint of my own territory.

As I said in my unpopular opinion, Wii U had better first year, not better 3 months. Switch has time to improve, but as of now, my unpopular opinion stands.

Timppis

LzWinky

Timppis wrote:

Wii U had better first year than Switch regarding software releases.

THERE! Finally said it out loud.

Phew. That makes me feel so much better.

Usually I don't say opinions are wrong, but considering it hasn't even been nearly close to a year for the Switch...this opinion is blatantly wrong.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

WarioIsTopTier

Here's a nice completely unrelated one.
Crash Twinsanity is better than Crash 1.

WarioIsTopTier

WarioIsTopTier

Actually while I'm at it I'll just give all my unpopular opinions. Have fun.

-Mario Kart 64 is pretty bad, worst in the series and doesn't hold a candle to Diddy Kong Racing or Crash Team Racing.
-Link to the Past is one of my least favourite Zelda games.
-Skyward Sword is in my top 5 Zelda games.
-Pokemon Gen 2 has by far the worst Pokemon designs. (Games are still amazing though)
-Star Fox Zero's controls were pretty simple to grasp.
-Rivals of Aether is a better game than any Smash Brothers game gameplay and balance wise. (Smash wins in most other aspects)
-Psychonauts is on the same level as most Nintendo platformers.
-Megaman 6 is the best of the original 6 NES games.
And here's the classic one...
-I prefer Team Fortress 2 to Overwatch.
See what you make of that then.

WarioIsTopTier

Tyranexx

My recent list of unpopular opinions:

• Not all internet browser/flash games are bad. Some are actually high quality games that I would have gladly paid for (like the Deep Sleep series).
  • Metroid II is better than Metroid, but Zero Mission trumps both.
  • As annoying as she could be, I liked Fi as a character in Skyward Sword.
  • Modern Resident Evil games are overrated.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Timppis

@TheLZdragon

Wii U has already trumped Switch with the first year selection of software even though Switch hasn't been out for more than three months.

That just proves how much better it was.

Timppis

Cynas

@Timppis Your logic makes no sense at all.

Cynas

ianl579

@BigYellow @Tyranexx Nice to see that Skyward Sword isn't hated by everyone 😃

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

kkslider5552000

Tyranexx wrote:

Again, this isn't or should NOT be unpopular. Metroid 2 is simply better than Metroid 1 in very basic, borderline objective ways, and Zero Mission FAAAAAAR more so.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ralizah
  • Putting aside the Virtual Boy, the N64 was Nintendo's worst console.
  • Radiant Historia is one of the worst Atlus JRPGs on the Nintendo DS.
  • Both Persona 2 games are less fun to play than Persona 1.
  • Super Mario World is my least favorite 2D Mario game.
  • Contra Hard Corps is better than Contra III.
  • Home consoles are something of a nuisance. You have to be in one building, in one place, every time you play a game. Now that hybrid consoles are possible, I would like to see pure home consoles die off.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Timppis

@Xaldin

It makes not only sense, it is also impeccable.

Just the sheer volume of games on Wii U was staggering compared to Switch.

Timppis

Ralizah

CreamyDream wrote:

That's the point though.

Having your ability to access a game be severely restricted is the point? Lack of versatility is the point?

See, I always thought the point of home consoles was that they sacrificed versatility and accessibility for power. That's still true, but not nearly to the same degree with Nintendo Switch.

CreamyDream wrote:

I can't imagine experiencing Xenoblade 2, Mario Odyssey, or heck- even Breath of the Wild (which i got for Wii U) in short play-sessions on a daily commute via bus/train and legitimately enjoying it or making legit progress.

Breath of the Wild actually feels like it was designed with the Nintendo Switch in mind, in my opinion. Between having the ability to stop and save almost anywhere and having large portions of the game focus on environmental exploration and experimentation with the game's physics system, it's the perfect game to play either in short spurts or in long marathon sessions.

Being able to access the game anywhere has been a total delight. I can't imagine getting it on the Wii U, at this point.

CreamyDream wrote:

I think its portability is a novelty at best, and not worth having sacrificed its power. Now whenever there's non exclusive 3rd party games, people are obviously always gonna get the version on a more powerful console, and rightfully so.

Considering so many people take advantage of the system's portability, I don't think it can really be classified as a novelty. For people who appreciate it, it's a revolution in system design, an upending of the home console/handheld dichotomy. In your case, you just don't appreciate one of the system's core features. Which is fine: the beauty of the Switch is that it can be a home console for you, a hybrid for me, and a handheld for someone else.

Also, considering at least one third party game (Disgaea 5) is apparently selling much better on Switch than it did in an equivalent amount of time on the PS4, I don't think you can reasonably make that last statement. Many people, including myself, will always opt for the non-stationary version of the game.

Let's be real: even if you don't like it, it's undeniable that the system's ability to allow full portable play of its games is extremely popular so far.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

KirbyTheVampire

CreamyDream wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

You have to be in one building, in one place, every time you play a game.

That's the point though.

On that note, I'll say something that could also be considered unpopular-

I wish the Nintendo Switch was just a normal home console with better graphics/more power.

I don't care for its portability and I don't think any of the games announced so far even lend well to it. Its only immediate benefit I can see right now is for LAN for Splatoon 2, and I think I speak for most people when I say that it's not a common occurrence to have 7 friends over who all happen to individually own a Nintendo Switch and Splatoon 2.

I can't imagine experiencing Xenoblade 2, Mario Odyssey, or heck- even Breath of the Wild (which i got for Wii U) in short play-sessions on a daily commute via bus/train and legitimately enjoying it or making legit progress.

I played Majora's Mask 3DS on a train once, and although measures were taken to better adapt the game to a portable console (being able to save without the owl statues), it simply wasnt a game designed for portability, as many of its challenges are based on detailed observation skills. I wasn't enjoying it and I played something else in the meanwhile so that I can enjoy Majora's Mask when I was somewhere I can pay proper attention to it.

I think its portability is a novelty at best, and not worth having sacrificed its power. Now whenever there's non exclusive 3rd party games, people are obviously always gonna get the version on a more powerful console, and rightfully so.

Who says you need 7 friends over to play Splatoon 2? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you could play the game perfectly fine with as little as 1 or 2 friends.

KirbyTheVampire

CanisWolfred

^Hahaha no that's...could you imagine how long that would take? I've had matches in Splatoon where 1 person dropped out on each team, and you could go really long spurts without encountering the other team. It'd be pretty boring. I mean, even if they have bots (do they?), it might not be nearly as compelling as somebody who can think or react or strategize like a human being. It's why bot matches went the way of the dodo in other FPS games (despite them being perfectly viable in non-team-oriented games! You don't need to coordinate in games like Call of Duty! No one nibelsnarfing talks to eachother, unless kareoke & hate speeches count).

...So, my unpopular opinion is that I would like to see more bot-compatible games is FPSes. Killzone for the Vita added them in via an update/DLC, and I had a blast with it. And it's not like I was steamrolling them or anything. How hard is it to program an AI that runs around the map and shoots anything it sees? Occasionally switching weapons, throwing grenades and knowing when to retreat - yeah, that might be more difficult, but I could still have fun even if those aspects were more rudimentary, since a lot of the fun is running around, shooting anybody you happen to see.

....watch the profanity...-Joey

Edited on by Joeynator3000

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Haywired

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Tyranexx wrote:

Again, this isn't or should NOT be unpopular. Metroid 2 is simply better than Metroid 1 in very basic, borderline objective ways, and Zero Mission FAAAAAAR more so.

If the "again" refers to my post, that's not what I said. I said they were both bad (and that neither should be considered classics just because of their associations), though I agree with your point (2 being slightly better than 1, and Zero Mission being miles above both).

Haywired

WarioIsTopTier

@LegendOfPokemon Nice that the first thing anyone said about my opinions was positive, I wasn't expecting that to go down well. Thanks, Skyward Sword is honestly a masterpiece.

WarioIsTopTier

ianl579

@BigYellow It has its flaws (like the empty sky and slow beginning), but it's super fun and my favorite Zelda game besides Breath of the Wild.

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic