Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 521 to 540 of 12,088

LzWinky

Guitardude7 wrote:

Wow. I am absolutely disgusted at some of you peoples comments about Let's Players. Though there really is no point in arguing since this is an "unpopular opinion thread" so what else did I expect? Well, thank God your opinion is unpopular. Those people work hard enough as is.

Excuse me? They "work" hard? Oh right, commenting on a video game is hard work.

Let's plays are overrated and pointless. I'm not saying this to troll you. I absolutely believe this

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CanisWolfred

SkywardLink98 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

King's Quest is a Point & Click game. The fun is supposed to be figuring out the puzzles for yourself, so watching a video where they solve the puzzles for you sucks out all the fun.

...but maybe that's for the best since I just remembered how stupidly hard King's Quest is. Maybe I should've used Myst as an example instead.

If it sucks all the fun out why would you watch them?

I wouldn't. I don't watch Lets Plays. I don't understand why anybody does. I watch the Backloggery Stream sometimes, but only because it's live and I don't really have to dedicate my time to it, making it a decent time waster when I have nothing better to do. Most of the time I just wind up minimizing it and using it as backround noise while I do other stuff.

However, for whatever reason people watch Lets Plays, to the point where people feel they're entitled to some monetary reward for what they do. I don't agree whatsoever, but I've said my piece there. I just don't think it always works as free advertising and can feasibly hurt sales of even a good game depending on their draw.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

HappyHappyist

Aviator wrote:

Gay marriage is a human right and deserves to be put in a life-simulation game.

if regular marriage between opposite sexes is allowed in the game, so should the marriage of the same gender. Nintendo is funny.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

HappyHappyist

Unca_Lz wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

Wow. I am absolutely disgusted at some of you peoples comments about Let's Players. Though there really is no point in arguing since this is an "unpopular opinion thread" so what else did I expect? Well, thank God your opinion is unpopular. Those people work hard enough as is.

If what you say is interesting enough to have thousands of people want to hear it, then what does the amount of "work" matter? We want to hear him speak, and that should be the final thing. If you're good at something, never do it for free.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

LzWinky

Aviator wrote:

On the other hand, no one has to put it in a game.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

HappyHappyist wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

If what you say is interesting enough to have thousands of people want to hear it, then what does the amount of "work" matter? We want to hear him speak, and that should be the final thing. If you're good at something, never do it for free.

That didn't counter my point at all

Edited on by LzWinky

GuSolarFlare

HappyHappyist wrote:

Aviator wrote:

if regular marriage between opposite sexes is allowed in the game, so should the marriage of the same gender. Nintendo is funny.

or, they could just remove marriage entirely so everyone can shut up already...

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Chrono_Cross

Aviator wrote:

I agree. I wish there were more gay avatars in games. Not drawing the line at fruity, but all out gay.

Plus, I'm sick of smoking hot babes and macho hunks taking the spotlight. Give me homosexuality!

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

The_Fox

Aviator wrote:

Agreed.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Chrono_Cross

Unca_Lz wrote:

Aviator wrote:

He said deserved. In no way is Aviator demanding it.

On the other hand, it wouldn't hurt.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

LzWinky

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Aviator wrote:

He said deserved. In no way is Aviator demanding it.

On the other hand, it wouldn't hurt.

I certainly wouldn't mind it

unrandomsam

HappyHappyist wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

Never involving yourself with scumbag advertisers is a pre requisite to being a decent human being which overrides all other concerns.

If people like you want to pay for it to be done then I am ok with that.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

kkslider5552000

Unca_Lz wrote:

HappyHappyist wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

That didn't counter my point at all

He wasn't trying to. I think.

Like if people want to tell the people who LP games ASAP or put their face over everything to **** off, that's fine by me. But check out some of Chuggaa's later videos or certain SA LPs before dismissing them all as workless garbage. Like I originally wasn't a fan but Chuggaa at this point is the guy who is putting such effort for his LPs (both current and future) that I totally buy that it is legit work for him.

Coincidentally, most of the other LP channels I watch are either people who don't use it as a full time job or are older people who fully admit they were in a terrible dead-end job before getting big, so I might find that easier to accept than someone who just watches Markiplier or whatever.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Matty2310

kirby95 wrote:

siconlol wrote:

kirby95 wrote:

I really like the 4th Gen Pokemon games. They seem to cop a lot of flack on the internet.
Also, I really like 3DS's 3D effect and always have it on full blast.

This, I actually want GameFreak to skip Gen 3 remakes and go on to gen 4 remakes

I think remaking the 4th gen might be a bit too far/soon, since they can already be played on the 3DS anyway and I enjoy them as they are. Plus, I don't know if you follow the Pokemon timeline structure but I think remaking anything might disrupt it since it's events have references in later games. But that's just what I think.
I liked how in those games you could capture a previous gen Pokemon depending on which one of the GBA games you had in the original DS's GBA catridge (I have all of them!).

Ha, the irony of our comments now since that unexpected announcement of the Gen 3 remakes. Should be great though.

For those of you who don't know who I am, I'm Kirby95, I just changed my username.

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7224-8981

AlexSays

Aviator wrote:

You just want to get a game together and marry me, don't lie

AlexSays

LzWinky

Guitardude7 wrote:

@Unca_Lz Well then you obviously know nothing about Let's Plays or what it takes to make Let's Plays. You're using generalized stereotypical assumptions to attempt to say that the work they put in it is worthless. It's not just "commenting" or "saying random things over a game". You're sharing your passion for it and making an attempt to persuade uninformed gamers about why it's so great. Either that, or you take the newer style of Let's Plays
where you commentate and try to be an improv comedian. Both methods take a lot of work and aren't just a "hit the record button and upload to YouTube". Not GOOD Let's Plays. Yes, there are crappy Let's Players that do that, and I can understand why you dislike those channels. Those are probably where you're getting your generalized assumptions from but that's not what a true Let's Play is. A true Let's Play informs and entertains people. It allows the content creator to share the love of their favorite video games and is the backbone of what gaming culture is by spreading that love. Not to mention, if you're a daily Let's Player, you have to record, edit, and publish these videos on a consistent basis as well as making sure your commentary is strong, informative and entertaining.. It's a show that takes time, money and effort to make it of good quality and worth watching. So If you have the nerve to just sit there and tell me "Oh they just hit record and say random crap" or "Oh, they making profit off of somebody elses work" then you obviously are ignorant and uninformed to what Let's Playing really is and you certainly have no right to tell these people they they don't deserve a paycheck after all of their hardwork. Listen, as a mod and a member of this site, I have a lot of respect for you and again, I intend no offense nor do I intend to hold any malice towards you outside of this thread but I really don't appreciate you making these generalizations and telling me they're basically worthless. If you're going to have an opinion, I implore you to look up the Let's Play greats such as Chuggaconroy, Nintendo Caprisun and Proton Jon and then see what you think. They are what Let's Playing should be and is at its core.

Except I have watched Let's Plays, and I don't care for their existence. If you like a LP, then more power to you. Just don't accuse me of something you don't really know. I have not watched a single LP that I like, and I don't care to do so any time soon.

CaviarMeths

HappyHappyist wrote:

If you're good at something, never do it for free.

Unpopular opinion: The Dark Knight was alright, but it was pretty much just a summary chapter for first year philosophy and Joker was an exaggerated caricature of a teenager going through his rebellious punk phase.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Aviator

AlexSays wrote:

Aviator wrote:

You just want to get a game together and marry me, don't lie

I go to sleep thinking of you.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

LzWinky

Guitardude7 wrote:

@Unca_Lz Ok, well that's fine, but then don't say they don't deserve a paycheck just because you don't like it. That's not right at all and was essentially the point I was trying to make.

How about we just agree to disagree and leave it at that?

What can I say? My opinion is unpopular?

Moving on: Final Fantasy 7 looks like trash, even by the standards back then

MuchoMochi

@Unca_Lz Totally agree. I think the game is also incredibly overrated. Not only is it not the best game ever, it's not even the best Final Fantasy.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic