Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 4,601 to 4,620 of 12,088

jump

Why is everyone going on about Zero's reviews? It's in the high 70s (I believe) on Metacritic that's GOOD.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

DefHalan

I have seen a lot of people interested in Star Fox. Not too much hype but a lot of people watching. The mostly good reviews might make more people bite than we think. Also with Zelda U around the corner and the chances of a new Home Console shrinking, it might be enough to make people get a used Wii U or something and try out Star Fox, pushing its sales numbers higher.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

jump

DefHalan wrote:

I have seen a lot of people interested in Star Fox. Not too much hype but a lot of people watching. The mostly good reviews might make more people bite than we think. Also with Zelda U around the corner and the chances of a new Home Console shrinking, it might be enough to make people get a used Wii U or something and try out Star Fox, pushing its sales numbers higher.

Given that from Sar Fox Zero's reveal even alot of Nintendo fans weren't convinced by it high 70s is a great number to reach and Star Fox was never gonna save the Wii U.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

DefHalan

arronishere wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Given that from Sar Fox Zero's reveal even alot of Nintendo fans weren't convinced by it high 70s is a great number to reach and Star Fox was never gonna save the Wii U.

It isn't a system seller but I think enough people will be interested in the game to justify a sequel.

Socar

Let's all be clear here, Don't and I repeat, DON'T expect this game to sell millions and make it show up as the greatest game ever made and whatnot because the scores refuse to accept that and the Wii U is at its near end.

But does that make it a horrible game? No. Does that mean that you wasted your cash having high hopes on it? Depends on what you expected on the game. But will it end the series?

That seems possible......and its actually doubtful on whether this game will sell good enough or not in the end. I mean maybe Nintendolife is right. Maybe this game can cause the series to be hiatus for the next 10 years or even be dormant like F-Zero and Kid Icarus.

Good think we'll get more FE eh?

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

LzWinky

CreamyDream wrote:

Socar wrote:

Let's all be clear here, Don't and I repeat, DON'T expect this game to sell millions and make it show up as the greatest game ever made and whatnot because the scores refuse to accept that and the Wii U is at its near end.

But does that make it a horrible game? No. Does that mean that you wasted your cash having high hopes on it? Depends on what you expected on the game. But will it end the series?

>_>
<_<

... No one was saying any of these things...

Beware the invisible posts from the ninjas of Push Square. They're always looking for trouble

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

Nah, you can clearly see them!

Anywho, time for an unpopular opinion..hmm...

The Wii U is far superior to the PS4 and Xbox One. There!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

CreamyDream wrote:

TingLz wrote:

Nah, you can clearly see them!

Anywho, time for an unpopular opinion..hmm...

The Wii U is far superior to the PS4 and Xbox One. There!

Not sure if trolling or not, because it's hard to read someone's inflection over a text box.

Regardless, I don't have enough experience with either the PS4 or Xbox One to have a valid opinion, but I can say that most people on this website would probably agree with you.

(Cos, ya know, this IS a site of Ninty fans)

But the millions of PS4 and Xbox one owners would disagree. Ergo, it's unpopular!

Whydoievenbother

@DarthNocturnal: Ecco actually did get a reboot on the Dreamcast. I also heard that later the creators of Ecco wanted to kickstart a spiritual successor, but it never succeded.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

ProfAllister

@TingLz: To touch on a thought that might hit a bit closer to home:

Nintendo has no one to blame for the poor sales of the 3DS and the WiiU but themselves. Why? Idiotic branding and marketing decisions. Yes, the mobile gaming revolution, et al. did a number on them, but a lot of that market share was growth in the portable gaming field, not poached customers.

The 3DS was pushed heavily on the 3D aspect. That could have worked if the timing was better, but by the time of release, 3D was increasingly considered passe again, a gimmick that was really an excuse to jack up the price. My experience talking to people not obsessed with video games was that they understood it to be a DS with 3D capabilities. And, of course, there was the sticker shock and pathetically anemic launch library for the first 1.5 years. One of the few times I was ever an early adopter, and easily the most painful.

Then we get the flood of new versions to add to the confusion - the XL, the 2DS (both brilliant ideas), and now the New 3DS. The worst part about this (aside from retailers having shelf space issues) is that there are many hardcore players who take the view "I'll wait a year or two until they come out with a much better model at half the price"

3DS and pushing the 3D was a terrible idea. Call it the DS Squared or something (DS²). They may not be very creative, but everyone knows that the iPhone 7 is better than their lousy iPhone 6s; Everyone knows that a Playstation 4 is two whole more than a Playstation 2. But 3DS, marketing all about the 3D, convinced prospective customers that it was just an enhanced DS, not the entry for a new handheld generation.

And you're probably seeing where I'm going with the WiiU, which doesn't even have the fancy side-by-side screenshots to show the increase in graphical fidelity. People understood the WiiU to be like the Kinect - a gimmicky new controller that you added to your existing Wii. The branding was too similar, the consoles looked too similar, and the major enhanced feature was understood to be the entire product.

For comparison, look at the generational history: the Nintendo Entertainemnt System, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, the Nintnedo 64 (EVERYONE knew the bit counting game by then, and jumping from 16 to 64 was quite audacious), the Gamecube, and the Wii. On the Handheld side, you've got the Game Boy, the Game Boy Advance, and the DS.

In each case, the name was new and distinct, the hardware had its own unique look and form factor. and you NEVER had any confusion that the newest entry was the New Hotness, not some improved variation on the same old and tired workhorse in your living room.

So yeah, third parties are great; flagshipping your new generations with high demand first party titles is a no brainer; mobile gaming took the world by storm. But you NEED to make sure that potential customers know you're selling something new. You can't accuse others of eating your lunch when you leave it abandoned in the middle of a busy thoroughfare with a sign saying "free lunch".

ProfAllister

DefHalan

Here is an unpopular opinion that will probably piss people off.

People complaining about Metroid Prime: Federation Force need to stop. How many games have they gotten in the series? How has Metroid been treated since its creation? You guys are so lucky, just look outside of that 1 series. Star Fox, total of 7 games now. 2 of which are reboots. 1 is an adventure game, and another is a tower defense game. F-Zero, Kid Icarus, Earthbound. Classics from the history of Nintendo, all forgotten. Metroid has been running strong for all this time and people are complaining about a spin off. I would have loved a Star Fox Spin Off during the 10 years of nothing (from Command's release in 2006) We finally got something. We finally got a game to be excited about, and we get a spin-off. This is great. Metroid fans, be happy with the support you have gotten for years. Be happy that your series hasn't been forgotten, because other Nintendo fans have it worst and are jealous of what you have.

If you really want your series to disappear. If you really want to be stuck hoping for an announcement, keep complaining. Don't support your series. Make sure Nintendo has heard you, We don't want Metroid.

... sorry about that. Just getting tired of the complaints lol.

jump

^My complaints about FF are online co-op aren't great for a portable console and after Tri-Force Heroes region locking on-line and useless single player with the bad buzz leading to fewer players I can't see FF working.

Nicolai wrote:

Socar

I hate third parties big time.

The only third parties that are decent to me are SEGA, Capcom, Wayforward, Level-5 and Alphadream....oh and Game Freak as well.

Everyone else I'll just take them with a grain of salt and hate them. Third parties majority of the times just do stuff that no one asked them to do in the first place.

jump

Socar wrote:

I hate third parties big time.

The only third parties that are decent to me are SEGA, Capcom, Wayforward, Level-5 and Alphadream....oh and Game Freak as well.

Everyone else I'll just take them with a grain of salt and hate them. Third parties majority of the times just do stuff that no one asked them to do in the first place.

Well just remember to deal with your hate in a healthy manner, like burning giant golden statues of Master Chief and Lara Croft at 4am naked as the neighbours watch.

Nicolai wrote:

jump

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Halo is 1st party. Microsoft 1st party, but 1st party all the same.

Good point, @Artwark quick put down the torch and petrol you don't have to burn Master Chief, he's first party!

Nicolai wrote:

Socar

@Freeon-Leon: Its a mix....I love em in the past because they didn't screw up Sonic but now, he's a joke and I'm sad and that's why I hate the new SEGA.

^You just wait till you get the third party games you're hyped about and then see how much of trust they give you in the end. Oh an I just bought Dragon's Quest....the first game on android. It just feels choppy despite it being cheap.

Socar

arronishere wrote:

Socar wrote:

It's a mix....I love em in the past because they didn't screw up Sonic but now, he's a joke and I'm sad and that's why I hate the new SEGA.

^You just wait till you get the third party games you're hyped about and then see how much of trust they give you in the end. Oh an I just bought Dragon's Quest....the first game on android. It just feels choppy despite it being cheap.

I enjoy pretty much enjoy all 3rd party games I get, the last game I felt let down by in wishing I didn't buy it at all was actually Nintendo's efforts with Zelda TriForce Heroes. It is a set backwards compared to Four Swords in controls and design and a poorly implemented on-line., even if you those things were better it's still a below par Zelda game at best.

Oh don't tell me that you absolutely adore Street Fighter V because I can guarantee that no buyer got their money's worth for that game.

Anyways, you're just saying that just to defend third parties. I'm very confident that there's lots of them that you're not a big fan of. I can say that you'll love Azran Legacy simply because of it being a third party. If you're a real fan like me, you'd admit that the game has flaws and plenty of them that don't give the professor's justice to his departure.

Whydoievenbother

@Socar What about PlatinumGames? They're awesome!

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Socar

@arronishere: Oh....SFV having free DLC now is a smart move for releasing early? Oh so its a smart move for them to remove arcade mode, make the whole single player mode a joke and have the guts to charge us 60$ for a game that doesn't feel like its money's worth? You're just lucky that Steam is known for giving big discounts otherwise, you'd never buy the damn game to begin with.

I'd rather be fine just getting Smash over V cause that game has LOTS to do besides the DLC and it does feel like you get your money's worth there.

I never said that people have to die if they can't make great games anymore, I simply said that they should get fired if they worsen the reputation of corporate like how Berrne's experience with RPGs that the Saturn never had RPG games which gave PSone the upper hand.

But here's the damn problem here. Microtransactions are placed on AAA games now and for a game that costs 40-60$ on a AAA game, slapping in Micros is a CRAPPY move not to mention just plain unhealthy for the industry as consumers now have to struggle whether to get the games or not.

Another problem? What if your resident evil never gets back to its roots? What if that Resident evil game has to sell two million copies inorder for it to have more resident evil and if it fails, there's no more of it. Oh and Silent Hills is gone too so if you love pachinko machines, be my guest.

Oh.....oh....where do I begin with Azran Legacy?

1. Lame story throughout the game.
2. Has one damn long chapter that just feels bland and just doesn't do anything interesting on top of that.
3. Does not offer new puzzles unless you're gonna go for the weekly ones and when it does, only a few stand out.
4. Rehashes the mini games that were both on the first and the second game and does nothing fresh on its own.

That's the summary of it and I can go on if needed.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic