Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 461 to 480 of 12,088

CapeSmash

BearHunger wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

I think Super Mario 3D World and Minecraft are the most underrated games of all time.

Minecraft, underrated? Just how much love can a game get? Minecraft is one of the most popular, well-loved games of the day. I've even heard of it being used as a teaching tool for elementary schoolers. It is a brilliant, widely acknowledged force for good, as far as I know.

Minecraft gets a lot of praise... by kids and teens. It's pretty hated by adult gamers. I consider Minecraft to be "underrated," because of the unnecessary hate it gets. To me, you NEED a creative mind and imagination to fully enjoy Minecraft. Most of the people who hate on Minecraft, lack those abilities.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

@kkslider5552000

I got bored of that video after about 15 minutes, and honestly, I think that video just reasserts Lz's point, at least in terms of Singleplayer games. Competitive Multiplayer is different everytime so that's okay, but Singleplayer is more static (Maybe the person won't have the exact same experience, but eventually you're going to show most of what the game has to offer) and therefore it's more like showing off a full movie and expecting to be paid for it even though you have no connections to the movie creators. That's not right.

Then you missed the ultimate point, which was that caring about how youtubers earn their living is none of your concern and that until the law changes, all this means is that dumb companies will get less people talking about their games. I mean, if Youtube's copyright system wasn't broken and awful and getting in the way of non-LP gaming videos and if companies weren't awful and they could find a way to stop people from making money off of posting walkthroughs ASAP and I was given a single reason to think LP material has hurt game sales, I'd be a lot more sympathetic to that idea. Depending on my mood, I might agree, but until then, I'm not really interested in complaining that some people found a loophole in a terrible system and made a living off of it.

This is even ignoring how copyright law currently is in favor of companies over creators of say...movies, in the first place.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CaviarMeths

SockoMario wrote:

I think Super Mario 3D World [is] the most underrated [game] of all time.

Hyper Magazine: 10/10
Gamestyle: 10/10
LEVEL: 10/10
Impulse Gamer: 10/10
Wii Brasil: 10/10
Nintendojo: 10/10
LevelUp: 10/10
Cubed3: 10/10
GamingAge: 10/10
Telegraph: 10/10
Eurogamer Portugal: 10/10
Giant Bomb: 10/10
ZTGD: 10/10
Guardian: 10/10
God Is a Geek: 10/10
Gamereactor Sweden: 10/10
Cheat Code Central: 10/10
Digital Spy: 10/10
DarkStation: 10/10
Joystiq: 10//10
Nintendo Life: 10/10
NintendoWorldReport: 10/10
Destructoid: 10/10
Eurogamer: 10/10

50 more reviews rated 9/10 or higher

Weighted average: 93/100 based on 81 reviews - UNIVERSAL ACCLAIM
#1 Wii U game to date
#4 game of 2013 behind Grand Theft Auto V, The Last of Us, and BioShock Infinite

SockoMario wrote:

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Geonjaha

CaviarMeths wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

#1 Wii U game to date
#4 game of 2013 behind Grand Theft Auto V, The Last of Us, and BioShock Infinite

SockoMario wrote:

Haha. Brilliant post.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

CapeSmash

CaviarMeths wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

#1 Wii U game to date

SockoMario wrote:

Lol, I know the game is received well by critics and some Nintendo fans, but other than that, I see hate for it everywhere.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

bezerker99

Anyone who finds pleasure from Pokémon automatically makes me wonder if they suffered from a head wound at some point in their life.

Also, Super Mario 3D World is an amazing game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GuSolarFlare

SockoMario wrote:

Lol, I know the game is received well by critics and some Nintendo fans, but other than that, I see hate for it everywhere.

swap "Nintendo" for "game's developer/publisher" and you'll be describing most of the "outstanding" widely known games out there...

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

SkywardLink98

Unca_Lz wrote:

Let's players should not get advertising money.

So they should make the videos for free? Our beloved Nintendolife has ads, so I guess we should take that away and make the editors here work for a living and do this in their spare time, right?

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Geonjaha

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

So they should make the videos for free? Our beloved Nintendolife has ads, so I guess we should take that away and make the editors here work for a living and do this in their spare time, right?

Exactly. It does seem rather petty.

Geonjaha

LzWinky

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Yup. The Let's Plays are not doing a job.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

DiscoDriver43

Nintendo should not bother bringing the 3rd gen of pokemon on the Wii U. Pokemon without multiplayer is like burritos without refried beans and or rice. at that point you might as well....uh yeah.

Edited on by DiscoDriver43

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

Jaz007

DiscoDriver43 wrote:

Nintendo should not bother bringing the 3rd gen of pokemon on the Wii U. Pokemon without multiplayer is like burritos without refried beans and rice. at that point you might as wel.....you know.

Burritos are much better without either though...

Jaz007

DiscoDriver43

Jaz007 wrote:

DiscoDriver43 wrote:

Nintendo should not bother bringing the 3rd gen of pokemon on the Wii U. Pokemon without multiplayer is like burritos without refried beans and rice. at that point you might as wel.....you know.

Burritos are much better without either though...

Booo boo this man

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

CanisWolfred

SockoMario wrote:

The amount of people who outright "hate" something is usually in direct proportion to the amount of people who enjoy it, i.e. Justin Bieber having droves of fans and is one of the most criticised individual on the internet, meanwhile no one talks about the terrible lead singer from First to Last, for example. Oftentimes to more people hate on something, the more people there are who love it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

LzWinky

I think a lot of "hate" is unjustified...in general. Game-wise people love to hate Nintendo for reasons that probably don't apply to them.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CanisWolfred

Geonjaha wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but last I checked the people here don't get paid. The ads cover server costs for the most part. They are indeed doing this in their spare time while working real jobs. IGN, Gamestop, Destructoid? Those ones are where the reviewers get paid, and honestly they only get paid for speed, not quality. I could live witrhout reviewers getting paid to make game news and reviews, since the ones that do get paid are no better than the ones that don't in terms of quality content.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jaz007

CanisWolfred wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but last I checked the people here don't get paid. The ads cover server costs for the most part. They are indeed doing this in their spare time while working real jobs. IGN, Gamestop, Destructoid? Those ones are where the reviewers get paid, and honestly they only get paid for speed, not quality. I could live witrhout reviewers getting paid to make game news and reviews, since the ones that do get paid are no better than the ones that don't in terms of quality content.

They also have full magazines (Well, at least Gameinformer anyway) which require a lot more effort than someone can do in his/her spare time. So while I'll agree that the quality can be the same, the quantity of things done is also increased in addition.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

CanisWolfred

I tried to imply that. I just don't care about speed and quanitiy. I don't need magazines. I don't need every little shred of gaming news out there. I just need to be able to find the gaming news I'm interested in, and I get most of that from independant blogs and smaller fansites anyways.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Geonjaha

Guitardude7 wrote:

@Unca_Lz Excuse me? Are you honestly telling me being a Let's Player isn't a job? Hold on a minute. Now, I don't intend any offense to you but those people put in a lot of hard work everyday to entertain people worldwide with their videos. People like Chuggaconroy , NCS and the Game Grumps are passionate about their craft and they work nonstop to ensure top quality entertainment to the best of their ability. They show what makes games great and share their love for those games. They are a big part of the voice of the gaming community and are as much of an artist as a film maker or musician is. They deserve the money they earn. I sincerely don't appreciate it when people attempt to belittle someone elses profession just because it's not a traditional profession, especially when they don't know the sheer amount of time, money and hard work that actually goes into it.

If they make enough money doing it in order to make a living then its their job. It all comes down to jealousy and pettiness in the end, as mentioned in TB's video. Honestly, what other reason do you have for not wanting these people to have a job anymore? Try not to forget that the pay is still completely dependant on viewership; to make enough money off Lets Plays to live off you'd ideally need a couple hundred thousand viewers. Just like any other ad-based job it depends on how popular your content is.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic