Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 4,561 to 4,580 of 12,088

Whydoievenbother

@DefHalan: did you mean to say RNG? Or is that something i don't know about?

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

DefHalan

@MrMario02: Fixed it. Yes, RNG lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

LaserdiscGal

@Dankykong

Eh nothing wrong with sitting down and watching some CS:GO. I can't stand watching MOBA's though, too boring.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

DefHalan

@Waluigi: I can watch Starcraft 2, but have trouble following MOBAs. MOBAs are normally too many effects going on to understand what happened. Just a lot of yelling and death lol

Rumorlife

Waluigi wrote:

@Dankykong

Eh nothing wrong with sitting down and watching some CS:GO. I can't stand watching MOBA's though, too boring.

Me on eSports
Untitled

Rumorlife

LaserdiscGal

@Dankykong That's how I feel about Physical Sports lol.

..well minus Chess Boxing, that sport is top!

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Rumorlife

@Waluigi: I should have said that's how I felt about all sports except Mario sports.

Rumorlife

AlliMeadow

I really enjoy Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. I believe it will end up being my favorite platformer. The level design feels so creative, while still feeling intuitive and organic. The controls also feel a lot better than the previous games.

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

Buizel

@AlliMeadow: I don't think that's an unpopular opinion at all...everyone who's played the game seems to adore it and I think it's generally considered the best platformer on the Wii U (strange for Mario not to take the title!)

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

AlliMeadow

@CreamyDream: I haven't played Donkey Kong Country 2 or 3 because I just can't get used to the controls in Donkey Kong Country. It feels very strange, and it isn't intuitive in the slightest compared to Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. I feel Donkey Kong Country Returns was a step up, but that game got too hard to quick for my taste. I might just be bad at platformers, although I have played Mario games for as long as I can remember. I think my main problem is that I've grown so accustomed to todays intuitive controls in games in general, that I have a hard time playing some retro games. I have the same problems with Super Mario World, where every time I do something wrong it feels like the controls are the problem. So I have a hard time with even the easiest levels. Super Mario Bros. 3 is the exact opposite, whenever I do something wrong there it actually feels like I made a bad decision or my jumping was off.

Edited on by AlliMeadow

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

Rumorlife

I don't think DKC:TF is the best platformer on the WiiU. Nothing wrong with it at all, it just feels like a winter version of DKCR that I played on my 3DS, which that game is exhausted now as well. Not only is the 3DS version just the port of the Wii game (with just a few added details) but they're putting out the Nintendo Classics with the Wii & 3DS versions of this game omg ahhhhh it'll never die!!!
I'm glad I played the 3D one over the Wii one though. Looks nice.
I enjoyed 3D World much more, and I liked Rayman more than DKC:TF for 2D side scrollers.

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

Rumorlife

I think Legends was better personally. Origins felt so simple, they really took it back to it's origins lol, and some of the art just was a bit blah to me. I think the dark feel to Legends really helped it for me as well, I grew up with Rayman 2 and to a lesser extend 3, so the bright happy feel of a few worlds seemed off.

Anyone have Rayman GB on their 3DS? I have the PS1 game on my PS3 but I always wondered what the GB version would be like, but it's also kinda meh seeming to me. OG Rayman is odd.

I use to HAAAATE Donkey Kong. The noises he made in the side games on the N64 (meaning anything but DK64) were so obnoxious to me back in the day. I actively avoided putting him in Mario Party or sports groups when I pick the CPU. Not sure what changed but he's one of my favs now and DK64 is my fav. DKC SNES = amazing, so glad it returned to VC.

Rumorlife

Whydoievenbother

This article is everything wrong with game development:
http://venturebeat.com/2016/04/16/game-developers-must-avoid-...
People like Alex St. John are why so many developers still get overworked and underpaid.
People like Alex St. John are why so many game projects fall apart before launch, left only to become bargain bin trash, if they're released at all.
People like Alex St. John are why so many publishers can get away with bloody murder during the development of several games.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

DefHalan

I should be able to work in the industry and take care of my family and life. It shouldn't be one or the other. 80 hour work weeks are conpletely messed up.

Haywired

I don't entirely agree with the statement "The controls are great, they just take a long time to get the hang of". See, I would argue that that kind of disqualifies them from being considered "great". I find it odd when I hear people (often referring to the more wacky Wiimote/Gamepad stuff) say things like "The controls are amazing, but people are just too stupid to get them." or "The controls are amazing, people just aren't doing it right". Well then that's an inherently flawed control scheme then. If it were a great control scheme then no one would have any issues with it. The games with the best controls are the ones where no one ever mentions the controls. If you have to explain why a control scheme is great, then I think you've already lost the battle and disproved your point.

And this isn't necessarily an anti-motion control thing; for example; Wii Tennis, Tennis on the GameBoy or Mario Tennis on the N64 have very different control schemes, but they're all excellent because they're all incredibly simple and intuitive and people can get them instantly, whether they're the most hardcore gamer or the most casual gamer. That's a great control scheme.

Haywired

Shinion

@DarthNocturnal: He's basically saying that because you're doing something that is 'not a real job' and it is art or a hobby and something that one is passionate about, then that rewards itself and people creating art deserve no compensation for the time they spend to make it. Also that working at a desk/making videogames/coding is not strenuous work and even crunch time is something that game developers have no right to complain about, since they're just "moving a mouse".

Basically what he is saying is a load of absolute tripe and couldn't be further away from the truth.

Shinion

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic