Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 4,481 to 4,500 of 12,088

AlliMeadow

@CreamyDream: Yes, I completely agree with you. In XY for instance we have the trainer in the second gym who has a Dwebble and a Relicanth. The Relicanth is really hard to deal with unless you've got a grass or electric type, and if you're using a team of 6 without exp share and grinding, your Pokémon will be about five levels below. We also have the double battle with two Furfrou on route 7 which is a pain. During my Nuzlocke runs I usually lose one or two Pokémon in those two battles. My four previous nuzlocke attempts all ended at one of those trainers.

@TheLastLugia: I don't see how they can up the difficulty without screwing over beginners.

Edited on by AlliMeadow

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

Rumorlife

I didn't keep the Exp Share on during XY at all and I thought it was too easy still, I used nearly exclusive Ghost & Fighting types, but I had access to at least 1-2 moves for nearly all the types between what Pokemon I had so I suppose I made it easy on myself that way, but everything felt really accessible unlike any game before, which still screamed easy imo. ORAS somehow seemed more difficult, and sort of fit the "just right" for me though, maybe because it's a remake, but it felt like it lacked some of the accessibility of some items, and even Pokemon that XY had, which don't hinder it at all, just gives it the more classic difficulty. So it seemed to me.

Rumorlife

Rumorlife

You're assuming my opinion is that Red was once a hard game or that they were all once difficult and they've slipped suddenly. Certain things about certain games were difficult more so than others, and certain things made some games easier. I always felt B&W were more difficult than any of the others, but then X&Y was one of the easiest because there were a lot of ways to level up and train, many ways in fact. Even if you turned off Exp Share, you had many of those restaurant battle things and the Battle Chateau to carry you along. It was more prominent and easier to access in XY.
In the whole series, each game has had many easy points and many pain in the rear points, besides the 2 sets I said, I can't really say another one is too hard or easy for me.
As for RBY there are certain things you need to take care in doing when playing or you'll have a boring time probably. TMs aren't endless or as easy to find, money can be scarce if you're not careful until the very ending, trainer battles are limited and don't refresh.
I guess the word "difficult" is kind of a weird word to throw around with Pokemon. It's not as though there are portions that are unfinishable. They don't make the game to be something only ~+special+~ people can finish.

Rumorlife

Freeon-Leon

@CreamyDream: Uhm, I have a 10 year old cousin who had some trouble at the beginning of Yellow, he's played just X and OR, so in comparison, yeah, older games were a little harder. It's not like they were Zelda II-hard, but they weren't as easy as modern Pokémon games.

But I like the current difficulty, it makes the games enjoyable for everyone and, if you want something more challenging, you can always play online. Or face some of the post games trainers.

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

Rumorlife

I hate the badge arcade. A money grab, that also gives away free things (so it's almost never worth putting money into) that takes 800 years to load every time you want to start it. Then the Rabbit in there talks for another 40 years about nothing you care about. Go away, I came to get a free badge not go on a story book adventure in the intro!

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

Freeon-Leon

@Dankykong: Come on! The adventure thingy was kinda fun, although I admit I don't use Badge Arcade that often. I might've spent like $3 since it came out.

@CreamyDream: He had some trouble with Brock. Unless you capture a Nidoran or Mankey, it's actually quite hard. I mean, you have an electric Pokémon and then there's a bunch of Rattatas, Pidgeys and Caterpies, wich don't help that much. The often-open map is actually better IMO, the linear nature of X/Y was something I wasn't a big fan of.

Rumorlife

He talked so much just to tell me I get 2 free claw grabs. Then he wanted to tell me again that there are special Badge Arcade themes today, and even admitted at the end he wasn't sure if he had already told me this LOL Go awaaaaay!!! The only bright side to it today was that I got 3 N64 badges weeeee, I deserve it after the wait it put me through to get to the UFO machine.

Rumorlife

Rumorlife

I'd check the BA more often if it didn't take an eon to load. The free plays I've gotten decorated my 3DS, but it's not worth it since you don't always get a free play, and you nearly never get enough badges to make a set. They give you the free plays to tempt you into buying more to finish it, ew. Old tricks.

Rumorlife

VelvetElvis

Freeon-Leon wrote:

The Super Mario Galaxy spin felt natural and it was responsive. I think it was a nice design idea.

I agree with this. I think it fell victim to the "all motion controls" = "casual waggle garbage that isn't for real, hardcore gamers" nonsense that's so popular among online forums. Felt good, man.

In terms of Badge Arcade, I guess I'm of the unpopular opinion that I don't think it feels too money-grabby. I play a few times a week and feel like I get enough free plays to keep coming back and building a decent collection. Totally agree that it takes forever and a day to load, though, which is really detrimental to a game that should lend itself to a quick pop-in.

As for my own unpopular opinion, I think Twilight Princess has really remarkable art direction. From what I've heard, its character design gets a lot of guff.

VelvetElvis

Shinion

@VelvetElvis: I couldn't agree more about the Galaxy spin attack thing. I actually talked with one such strange individual who called Galaxy's controls rubbish or words to that effect simply because he had to shake his controller every so often to do an attack. When I pressed him, it was literally apparent that he just was simply as lazy as can be and couldn't stand to play any game that required more input from him than pressing buttons, the idea of doing anything else when holding a controller was abhorrent to him. So you may not be surprised to hear he didn't have much of a liking for anything to do with the Wii in general. I honestly wish I'd pressed him about how The Last of Us requires the player to shake the controller to change the batteries in their torch from time to time, though it's probably one rule for Nintendo and an entirely opposite one for everyone else with these people.

By far the most ridiculous and ludicrous reason I've come across for people not liking a game, and freakin' Super Mario Galaxy of all games. Even the 'I don't like this game because it released on PS/Xbox first and I only own one of those therefore I hate this game now with the fiery passion of one thousand suns' is less ridiculous.

Shinion

Rumorlife

Lol I came across so many people who said those things. "I can't be bothered to play a game that requires more than button input", and believe it or not, frequently they were the same idiots praising how amazing they thought Kinect was. ???? Maybe that's just anti-Nintendo Xbro logic.

Rumorlife

LzWinky

CreamyDream wrote:

Super Mario Galaxy is one of my favorite games of all time. The spin attack is okay, an inconvenience at worst. I do think if it was mapped to a button, it would've just been more efficient though.

Pushing a button is more efficient than shaking? Maybe by a fraction of a calorie

CreamyDream wrote:

As for Twlight Princess, I also really love its visual design. It feels like what Ocarina of Time was supposed to look like.

That's a lotta brown and green and not much else. The character models were awful too.

CreamyDream wrote:

Also, don't give me that "Actually, Ocarina of Time's remake on the 3DS is what OoT was supposed to look like!" because those visuals are extremely bland and unimpressive. They were seriously lazy there.

What? Lazy? How the crap was the 3DS remake lazy when Twilight Princess was bland brown and uninspired green?

CreamyDream wrote:

I understand they tried to "retain the look and feel of the N64 original", but they did too good of a job with that, because the environments in particular look nearly unchanged.

Did you even play the game? There's a huge difference.

CreamyDream wrote:

Anyway, I was disappointed with that remake (graphically) if you couldn't tell. The Master Quest and touch-screen inventory made my purchase worth it though.

Updated character models, more detailed backgrounds, and more effects in certain areas are not improvement?

CreamyDream wrote:

Twilight Princess is great. Awesome character designs

The kids were horrible. The only appealing characters are Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Midna and Zant.

CreamyDream wrote:

, environments,

I would do comparison pics, but I'm too lazy.

CreamyDream wrote:

atmosphere,

...actually I really liked the atmosphere of the game.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

veeflames

@TheLastLugia @VelvetElvis Eh, I have friends who won't even touch Galaxy because it's Mario, not because of the motion controls. You guessed it, FIFA and Call of Duty are their best games. Literally.
I personally feel sorry for those who haven't experienced the brilliance that are the Galaxy games. And I think the motion controls are natural, too. It's so easy to learn to the point that it becomes instinct. One of the best uses of the Wiimote, IMO.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Freeon-Leon

Most franchises like Halo, Gears of War, Dark Souls, Assasin's Creed, etc. have changed less since their inception than what Mario and Zelda have. It's so ridicule when people throw the argument that "all ( Nintendo game) are the same".

LzWinky

CreamyDream wrote:

TingLz wrote:

Did you even play the game? There's a huge difference.

Wow you caught me! You're right I didn't play the game!!! Oh noooO! (sarcasm)

I feel insulted good sir. I am quite capable of speaking the sarcasm language as it is my #1 language

CreamyDream wrote:

... Yea I clearly played the game. I was disappointed with the graphics. The 3DS could do much better, seeing as there's games like KI Uprising and RE Revelations. It isn't the overhaul it should've been, and a lot of it felt lazy. (the 3DS's abysmal resolution doesn't help either)

Really? I thought it was on par with some of the other 3DS games. Perhaps a comparison pics/vid would help? There are definitely a good number of improvements.

CreamyDream wrote:

As for TP- I mean, I have a different opinion than you. I think the game is very pretty, it's just how I feel.

To each his own, then. Actually, as I play through the HD version, it fixed a lot of issues I had with the original TP. The characters look a lot better and some of the environments were fixed. Ironically, this goes against the popular opinion that TP HD didn't change much. I feel the change is quite noticeable, like OoT 3D

CreamyDream wrote:

FYI: The way you structure your posts comes off as patronizing and annoying.

I do come across as that sometimes when I disagree with an opinion entirely. Call it what you will, just don't take it too personally.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Freeon-Leon wrote:

Most franchises like Halo, Gears of War, Dark Souls, Assasin's Creed, etc. have changed less since their inception than what Mario and Zelda have. It's so ridicule when people throw the argument that "all ( Nintendo game) are the same".

They may have something where modern Mario is concerned. Zelda, not so much.

Some Marios have been essentially the same, but the franchise as a whole has gone through a lot of experimentation. You can't convince me that Super Mario World, 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, and 3d Land/World are all the same.

LzWinky

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@TingLz

True. Although the latest run of "experiments" are underwhelming. Better to stay where you are then to move backwards, I guess. Which is why I've gotten more out of Halo and a few AC games then I have the entire NSMB, Galaxy, and 3D Mario games... and most of the recent entries in the spinoff games (Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi... didn't even bother with Ultra Smash).

We don't speak of Mario's RPGs...it's too depressing

Rumorlife

CreamyDream wrote:

FYI: The way you structure your posts comes off as patronizing and annoying.

100% agree, hard to quote and looks like there's an obnoxious fight going on where one person is trying to shut down your opinions.

TingLz wrote:

The kids were horrible. The only appealing characters are Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Midna and Zant.

One big head, one hourglass head and one tiny child that looked like a little girl but acted like a grown man. Definitely not the best, and I didn't realize Malo was a boy because of the face... somehow he looks like a girl. Idk.

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

LzWinky

I just thought the models and environments were ugly in the original release. It was a shame since I liked the game otherwise...well mostly the second half due to the creativity of the dungeons.

Actually I much prefer Skyward Sword's look. I like the vibrant colors over the dull browns of TP. I mean the Twilight Realm was fine (and actually pretty neat), but the "light" world should have been more colorful.

Edited on by LzWinky

Rumorlife

In the Gamecube release or both GCN & Wii? I only have ever played the Wii version first hand. Lol some areas are really pretty imo, but Hyrule Field was ugly though, and felt cramped at times and I yearned for the open feel of OoT's Hyrule Field. The terrible distance fog they put everywhere, which at times was a near distance, looking like a sandstorm or a lot of auto smog in the sky, that really bothered me at times. The skies weren't pretty to look at most of the time even when the fog was mostly gone at night. Also there was a weird blur anytime you'd go to return the light orbs to the fountain or when something supposedly surreal is happening, not sure if that was intentional. Looks like it cleared up for the WiiU version mostly though.

tl;dr it's beautiful ugly

Rumorlife

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic