Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 4,421 to 4,440 of 12,088

Socar

@arronishere: Well I am forced to save money in reality unlike in RPG's where you just grind to get money and can spend the money without saving being the big problem (atleast from the RPG's that I've played).

Anyways, just to change the subject, let's rant about SEGA now shall we? Now that they are publishing Atlus games, imo, we're screwed.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Whydoievenbother

@Socar: Why? Just because SEGA is putting their name on the same box as Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, that doesn't automatically make it bad (And yes, I know it's now called "Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE", but for all intents and purposes, that's what it is).

Edited on by Whydoievenbother

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Shinion

@DarthNocturnal: As a Nintendo fan and an avid chess player that made me smile. I think I'll take that and use it myself on occasion. Might even start calling the King peice Nintendo from now on

Shinion

Socar

^ I do those but even those aren't still enough for that "mom" of mine.

MrMario02 wrote:

@Socar: Why? Just because SEGA is putting their name on the same box as Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, that doesn't automatically make it bad (And yes, I know it's now called "Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE", but for all intents and purposes, that's what it is).

What matters is now and right now, SEGA hasn't delivered any solid games nor do they have any plans to participate at E3.

Tell me, if free games is something that's a hit and miss, what's the point of them going on? How is it so hard to port Skies of Arcadia to Steam? How is it so hard to make good Sonic games? How can they be absolutely dumb to ignore tons of IPs that they don't know that they have?

Rio games hasn't gotten a review from Nintendolife and I'm assuming because they know the game isn't worth reviewing, they are taking their own time doing other things that matter. That's bad nor for Nintendolife but for SEGA. A SPIN off is even taken as a joke now for SEGA.

Edited on by Socar

LaserdiscGal

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Socar wrote:

How is it so hard to port Skies of Arcadia to Steam?

Hard enough that I hope they strive to keep the good port streak up, lest they half-bake the attempt like Bandai Namco did with Tales of Symphonia. But they seem to have received a clear message from prior ports. Especially Valkyria Chronicles.

Meanwhile I'll play Skies of Arcadia on my Dreamcast, the way it was intended

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

LaserdiscGal

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@Waluigi

But is any game truely "intended" to be played on just one console? Skies already had a GameCube port. It had audio issues (lower quality sound), but otherwise, was an improvement to the original game.

I'm aware, honestly I don't even enjoy the game- the pacing is all over the place.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Whydoievenbother

@Socar: Let me answer all of those questions for you.
1. Skies of Arcadia would be hard enough that they would only try if they intended on making a really stellar port.
2. Making good Sonic games is hard because SEGA has to appease both fans of the classic and modern Sonic games.
3. The thing about those other IP is that they simply lack the brand power that Sonic does, so it would be hard to make games with those IP be as successful as Sonic. That's not to say that it's a bad idea to revive some of those IP (SEGA, in the incredibly unlikely event that one of the higher-ups is reading this, MAKE STREETS OF RAGE 4 ALREADY!), it's just how the cookie crumbles.

Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

jump

Socar wrote:

^ I do those but even those aren't still enough for that "mom" of mine.

Have you tried not yelling at her?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Whydoievenbother

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@Waluigi

But is any game truely "intended" to be played on just one console? Skies already had a GameCube port. It had audio issues (lower quality sound), but otherwise, was an improvement to the original game.

A game can only be intended to be played on a single console if it requires something that only that console has, such as a Kinect game, or a Wii U game.

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Freeon-Leon

@MrMario02: There can be other reasons. For example, RE4 is definitely meant to be played in a Gamecube because of the almost non existent loading times.

Edited on by Freeon-Leon

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

LzWinky

Actually I've read some time ago that most Playstation 2 ports of GC games are very inferior mostly due to the awful loading times

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LaserdiscGal

TingLz wrote:

Actually I've read some time ago that most Playstation 2 ports of GC games are very inferior mostly due to the awful loading times

The sound for RE4 was pretty bad on the ps2 as well.

Personally I prefer the Wii port.

LaserdiscGal

Socar

PS2 was just lucky that it had DVD init. The Gamecube, Dreamcast and the Xbox can easily beat the hell out of the PS2 if it didn't have DVD.

And no, I'm ranting here because its a fact. This system is what caused Nintendo to make the Wii on par with the PS2 and made fans rant that "Nintendo needs to get with the times". #@%$#@!

Some will say "Oh, Nintendo is just lucky that they got a fat Italian plumber that makes easy money. if it weren't for Mario, Nintendo DS would be more like Nintendo Dead Screen."

Yeah....they are so lucky having one character when that character alone can't save Nintendo. They are so lucky to have omitted features that the PSP had. They are so lucky that the sales of the DS were affected by pirates. They are so lucky that people even now hate the idea of dual screen gaming......

And yet despite those risks, the DS sold 156 million units and outsold the PS2 ( I don't care about what the real thing is. To me, it outsold the PS2!)

LzWinky

Socar wrote:

PS2 was just lucky that it had DVD init. The Gamecube, Dreamcast and the Xbox can easily beat the hell out of the PS2 if it didn't have DVD.

And no, I'm ranting here because its a fact.

Actually that's a belief. PS2 also had one of the biggest game libraries of all time, and it outsold the others by a long mile, plus you are quite demented if you think the dreamcast could EVER beat it under any other circumstances.

Socar wrote:

Some will say "Oh, Nintendo is just lucky that they got a fat Italian plumber that makes easy money. if it weren't for Mario, Nintendo DS would be more like Nintendo Dead Screen."

Where are you going with this?

Socar wrote:

Yeah....they are so lucky having one character when that character alone can't save Nintendo. They are so lucky to have omitted features that the PSP had. They are so lucky that the sales of the DS were affected by pirates. They are so lucky that people even now hate the idea of dual screen gaming......

Uh...kay?

Socar wrote:

And yet despite those risks, the DS sold 156 million units and outsold the PS2 ( I don't care about what the real thing is. To me, it outsold the PS2!)

No, even with your false belief, the PS2 outsold it by about one million.

Edited on by LzWinky

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Whydoievenbother

@Socar: You ignore all of the following facts:
1. The amazing library of games the PS2 had (God of War, Okami, Shadow of the Colossus, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, Final Fantasy X, etc.)
2. XBOX classic and GameCube were fumbling at the time. Don't get me wrong, the GameCube had a solid library, and XBOX classic might have had good games (I wouldn't know, never owned any Microsoft consoles), but the GameCube suffered from having to make multiple disc games, and the XBOX suffered from a lack of appeal outside of the U.S.

Edited on by Whydoievenbother

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Socar

@MrMario02: Buddy, the gamecube is like a perfect gaming machine. Tell me what is it that the PS2 has and that the Gamecube didn't. The only two things that it has is a DVD player and Gems that many didn't do well. If it weren't for that DVD concept, the PS2 would have easily flopped hard.

Many ports can't even be done on PS2. I honestly can't see any flaw the Gamecube had.

@TingLz: PS2 sold 155....DS sold 156, to me, end of story. |:<

Whydoievenbother

@Socar:
Here are a few flaws the GameCube had:
1. The overly small discs of the GameCube meant that several games would have to be stored across multiple discs, cutscenes would be compressed, and certain features would be removed in multiplatform ports.
2. The GameCube stands out a lot in most living room setups.
3. No backwards compatibility. I know that you can't exactly fit a N64 cartridge into a disc drive, but not even a peripheral that enables BC?
(This is not to say that the GameCube is awful. It's controller is a joy to use and it has a solid library. I'm just saying, the GameCube wasn't a perfect machine.)

P.S. Just saying "PS2 sold 155....DS sold 156, to me, end of story. |:<" doesn't make it true. I could say "Humans were born from an extraterrestrial species of octopus that would later form the Illuminati to me. > " all day long, but that wouldn't make it true.

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Socar

@MrMario02: And neither was the PS2. It didn't have that many First Party games, that thing was just lucky that it had third party fans that worship Sony like a god or something and supported the damn thing.

Were are First Party games? If anything, PS2's success is what made Sony do internal game development.

Look, I'm not saying that the PS2 is horrible. I'm saying that it just got lucky by doing something that dumb putting DVD on PS2 because people already had DVD players at the time acting more like a player than an actual game.

Besides that, I can't find any games that I wanted for that thing. Looking at some games right now and still have no interest in it. I'm glad I got the Gamecube instead.

LzWinky

Socar wrote:

@MrMario02: And neither was the PS2. It didn't have that many First Party games,

Uh... http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/poltergeist13/lists/first-pa...

You probably want to at least do a Google search next time...

Socar wrote:

that thing was just lucky that it had third party fans that worship Sony like a god or something and supported the damn thing.

Yes, because the success of the PS1 had nothing to do with this. It was just "luck"

Socar wrote:

Were are First Party games?

Sale-wise did first party titles carry the Gamecube or the Wii U?

Socar wrote:

If anything, PS2's success is what made Sony do internal game development.

Sony made games for the PS1, granted they were mostly sport games...but this statement is still not true.

Socar wrote:

Look, I'm not saying that the PS2 is horrible. I'm saying that it just got lucky by doing something that dumb putting DVD on PS2 because people already had DVD players at the time acting more like a player than an actual game.

Then what made the PS1 so successful? Was it lucky as well?

Socar wrote:

Besides that, I can't find any games that I wanted for that thing. Looking at some games right now and still have no interest in it. I'm glad I got the Gamecube instead.

Look, there's a difference between stating an opinion and making false statements to prove a point.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic