Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 4,381 to 4,400 of 12,088

Rumorlife

On day 1 giving away the ending in a top/front page article or talking about the endings without spoiler tags? That's a bit odd.

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

LzWinky

Socar wrote:

But here's the problem. None of those other methods compared to Youtube do what youtube does which is to pay the uploader and even then, that's the least of the problem compared to what Youtube is right now.

I really don't see how this is even a problem for anyone, at least for the sake of this argument.

Socar wrote:

I'm actually fine with the idea of watching gameplay footage from someone's own site rather than posting it on Youtube because you won't make money out of your actual site unless they decide to which isn't possible to do.

Um, you can just like in Youtube. It's still called ad-revenue, and even Nintendo Life has this. In fact, I don't really see your point here anyway.

Socar wrote:

Let's face it. Youtubers ought to quit Youtubing unless what they do is actually worth doing like playing music and making profit out of original music, not something that is of a remix.

As opposed to reviews, which are completely legal?

Socar wrote:

Or doing things that won't bother developers and them too much like not using copyrighted content and instead doing something original.

This developer is the first I've heard that has had major issues. Heck, some developers try to push for Let's Plays of their games. I think you are grasping at straws now.

Socar wrote:

@Dankykong: Yeah....those surprised moments in gaming are long gone now. I wish that Youtube would improve on its features instead of worsening them. I never have gotten the chance to tell Youtube to remove recommended videos that I might like to watch or don't want to watch at all because there's a huge spoiler by just looking at the image of the video.

You could just not watch the video.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

jump

I'm not sure where all these it's impossible to avoid spoilers things come from, I can't remember having anything spoiled unless it's old and I don't go out of my way to do so.

Also Chewie dies in Star Wars 7, Supes kills Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman, Sean Bean comes back from the dead in Games Of Throne and Rocky dies in Creed.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

DefHalan

Socar wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I think Let's Players sjould at least try to contact companies for permission to use their games. Indie companies are surprisingly easy to contact about this kind of stuff. I once worked on a website with less than 10 hits a week and had set up an interview with Jools Watsham, but my "Boss" didn't like me contacting developers without his permission. I understand you may not hear bavk from some companies but at least trying will solve a lot of problems.

Yeah....That can actually make sense and it can work! Why can't these youtubers atleast have the decency to just ask for permission? After all devs can't post trademark music without permission right?

I think you need to be clearer. There are certain videos on YouTube that actually use Fair Use correctly. Plenty of Video Game reviewers actually fall under fair use, even if they are playing a good amount of a game during their review. That is why I stated Let's Plays, and didn't just say YouTubers. That wording will probably upset people and weaken your argument.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Socar

@gcunit @arronishere: Let me give you a good example as to how in the hell I can't avoid spoilers when watching youtube videos.

Youtube puts a list of other videos to watch both at the rightside and when the played video ends. There is a solid chance that the game that I don't want to spoil the stories on just show up thus ruining all my chances of not enjoying the story of the game I'm anticipated on. Luckily though I avoided spoiling the story for Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest entirely and thank god to that.

the problem is that one stupid image that spoils the majority of the surprise. Now I know that Bowser can turn into a cat and I didn't even play 3D World. Why, because of one of those stupid images that were on the right.

If youtube would just let me remove/hide recommended videos on the right side while watching my video, I'd be downright happy and it can easily solve one of the problems that I have on Youtube. Instead, Youtube wastes their time picking on its users and banning them for no reason whatsoever, keeps breaking its user interface every month and just doesn't give a damn about the people using Youtube.

@TingLz: Buddy, let's plays are a complete joke nowadays. The people who play them don't give a crap about the games they are playing and just instead goof around caring more of their personality than the actual games. Look at Game Grumps for example. Nothing they do there can be taken seriously. Its a channel about losers who just like to lose.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

GrizzlyArctos

Socar wrote:

Buddy, let's plays are a complete joke nowadays. The people who play them don't give a crap about the games they are playing and just instead goof around caring more of their personality than the actual games. Look at Game Grumps for example. Nothing they do there can be taken seriously. Its a channel about losers who just like to lose.

With the Game Grumps though, the personality is exactly the reason that most people watch rather than the gameplay. They've said that their videos are more like an improv conversation between them while using the game to riff off. I watch Game Grumps for the comedy. If I wanted to watch solely for the gameplay, I could just play the game myself. You complain about Lets Players playing games, and now you're complaining about them not focussing completely on the game.

Yes, I like bears.

LaserdiscGal

GrizzlyArctos wrote:

Socar wrote:

Buddy, let's plays are a complete joke nowadays. The people who play them don't give a crap about the games they are playing and just instead goof around caring more of their personality than the actual games. Look at Game Grumps for example. Nothing they do there can be taken seriously. Its a channel about losers who just like to lose.

With the Game Grumps though, the personality is exactly the reason that most people watch rather than the gameplay. They've said that their videos are more like an improv conversation between them while using the game to riff off. I watch Game Grumps for the comedy. If I wanted to watch solely for the gameplay, I could just play the game myself. You complain about Lets Players playing games, and now you're complaining about them not focussing completely on the game.

Couldn't have said it better myself, Lets Plays are essentially the mst3k's of Videogames.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

LzWinky

I will say that some of them are obnoxious, and I'd rather watch the gameplay than the personalities. If I wanted personality, I'd record myself playing Splatoon.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

RR529

Yeah, I don't really watch Let's Plays, and when I do, it's of a game I've played before (mostly the DBZ games on TFS Gaming, because they sometimes get into character).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Rumorlife

I definitely do not like any of the personalities, and even worse are the video walkthroughs with the "personality" who has like 5 mic bumps and at least 10 times will get too close and too loud to their mic in an 8 min video.

Rumorlife

Whydoievenbother

For as much as I enjoy Sonic 3, I've got to say, what's with the art style? It's not bad, but something about it seems a bit off.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

DefHalan

arronishere wrote:

Freeon-Leon wrote:

arronishere wrote:

Freeon-Leon wrote:

arronishere wrote:

Freeon-Leon wrote:

@arronishere: Was that really necessary?

Daredevil dies in season 2

No, stop it, please!

You realise I'm joking and making it up right?

Yup.

I'll start posting real spoilers then

Obi-Wan dies in Star Wars

Whydoievenbother

arronishere wrote:

Freeon-Leon wrote:

arronishere wrote:

Freeon-Leon wrote:

arronishere wrote:

Freeon-Leon wrote:

No, stop it, please!

Yup.

Aerith dies in Final Fantasy 7
In Portal, the cake is a lie.
The Wizard of Oz was all just a dream.
Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father in Star Wars.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Freeon-Leon

MrMario02 wrote:

arronishere wrote:

Freeon-Leon wrote:

arronishere wrote:

Freeon-Leon wrote:

arronishere wrote:

Freeon-Leon wrote:

No, stop it, please!

Yup.

Aerith dies in Final Fantasy 7
In Portal, the cake is a lie.
The Wizard of Oz was all just a dream.
Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father in Star Wars.

The Titanic sunk.

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

jump

Freeon-Leon wrote:

The Titanic sunk.

Was that really necessary?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

DefHalan

arronishere wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

arronishere wrote:

Freeon-Leon wrote:

arronishere wrote:

Freeon-Leon wrote:

arronishere wrote:

Freeon-Leon wrote:

No, stop it, please!

Yup.

Obi-Wan dies in Star Wars

He doesn't actually die though, he becomes one with the force

In episode 4, yes
In episode 8 he dies as a force ghost. Luke will explain it.

gcunit

Threads have been locked for less...

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic