Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 3,741 to 3,760 of 12,088

Rumorlife

I find the DSi a worse upgrade from the DS than the 3DS to N3DS. At least there are features to be used like Amiibo + better 3D unlike the DSi, which gave us a bunch of features no one used, and then they force it on us in the 3DS again and still no one is using them.

The Wii Mini is just a Wii again.

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

Dave24

Dankykong wrote:

I find the DSi a worse upgrade from the DS than the 3DS to N3DS. At least there are features to be used like Amiibo + better 3D unlike the DSi, which gave us a bunch of features no one used, and then they force it on us in the 3DS again and still no one is using them.

The Wii Mini is just a Wii again.

I completely forgot about DSi, although that better processor in N3DS feels just as worthless. However while N3DS did some things right, like better 3D, it also did many wrong and 2 steps back. System transfer is total, god awful mess that shows that Nintendo in this case is cancer of the industry. It's made as most backwards, confusing and overlycomplicated as you can get. And guides on internet are just as worthless, best, easiest and fastest option to do transfer is PC and then you are 100% sure, unlike crappy local, which can still end up with you redownloading everything. And getting to that miniSD card is also a chore - what was wrong with SD slot on the side? That was another huge step backwards.

Also, Wii mini is not Wii again. Cube games were not selling point for Wii, I agree, however no online? Like at all? I remember Wii having online - it was pretty bad, but it was there.

Dave24

Buizel

@Dave24 Personally I don't see what's wrong with System Transfer...for me it was as straightforward as I could ever imagine it being. It did take a good 2 hours...but what do you expect when transferring your whole library to a new system?

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Socar

People are complaining too much of Virtual Console games being too expensive.

Seriously? 8$ for a GBA game expensive? You also have to consider the fact that its being ported to a modern console let alone the weakest system possible. If its that expensive, then obviously it must come to mind that you are getting your money's worth.

I bought Tomb Raider Anniversary for like 4$ and I didn't get my money's worth....its so boring and its just a Zelda rip off. But still, I can understand why people would like Tomb Raider because its less cryptic than Zelda and the level design's realism is better than how it is in Zelda(like how there are cracked ceilings that you can hang on to etc).

When I got something like Undertale for 10$, I got my money's worth for a short game like that because of the amount of fun I had.
You guys need to understand one thing, if a game is priced high, it obviously means that its worth the purchase and for some games that come at a cheap price, it means that you need to pay extreme caution. Of course the experience is still a subjective matter but in the end, that's probably why Nintendo is still making their games deliver quality because you get your money's worth.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Aviator

Socar wrote:

People are complaining too much of Virtual Console games being too expensive.

Seriously? 8$ for a GBA game expensive? You also have to consider the fact that its being ported to a modern console let alone the weakest system possible. If its that expensive, then obviously it must come to mind that you are getting your money's worth.

I bought Tomb Raider Anniversary for like 4$ and I didn't get my money's worth....its so boring and its just a Zelda rip off. But still, I can understand why people would like Tomb Raider because its less cryptic than Zelda and the level design's realism is better than how it is in Zelda(like how there are cracked ceilings that you can hang on to etc).

When I got something like Undertale for 10$, I got my money's worth for a short game like that because of the amount of fun I had.
You guys need to understand one thing, if a game is priced high, it obviously means that its worth the purchase and for some games that come at a cheap price, it means that you need to pay extreme caution. Of course the experience is still a subjective matter but in the end, that's probably why Nintendo is still making their games deliver quality because you get your money's worth.

Huh?

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

CaviarMeths

I don't think it's an unpopular opinion that Capcom is better than Sega for console gaming. I think in the shuffle it gets forgotten that Sega was relevant for exactly one hardware generation. The MD/Genesis was the only successful console they released and Sonic is about the only big hit IP they've ever had. They had some other moderate successes here and there, like Yakuza and Virtua Fighter, but those were obliterated in sales by competitors like Grand Theft Auto and Tekken.

Their presence and relevance in gaming is much more closely linked to arcades than consumer products.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Socar

@CaviarMeths: Exactly my point when I tried talking to the guys at the SEGAbits forums but those guys clearly don't get it and they still think that SEGA is relevant enough. They are literally better off being Japan only because they dominate the Arcade market (Atleast that's what I'm told.)

I don't get why people still defend SEGA because when they barely make any attempt making great games, those games don't sell well and yet somehow the mediocre games end up doing well for them?. I understand the reason defending Nintendo because clearly they aren't anywhere irrelevant to consoles and the fact that they obviously dominate the handheld market. But SEGA?

Now while I'm not into Monster Hunter, I like Capcom better because of Mega Man and Strider. Although I'm not sure if I liked their direction of making oracle of ages/seasons because ages is extremely hard unlike seasons and the fact that you need both games to get the best ending. Still despite that, it felt like a Zelda game so that's a plus. And yes, their treatment with their franchises is bad because they can't make more of it if it doesn't sell 2 million atleast....which is going far. Yet despite them being in a tighter situation unlike SEGA, they somehow end up doing better than SEGA.

The only reason why SEGA would still matter in the console market is because of Atlus where their products are niche at best. I can't think of one IP of Atlus that is known nearly as well as even Dragon Quest.

Rumorlife

@Dave24
The Wii Mini is not the first Wii to exclude gamecube, the only special spec is the no wifi. Othewise it has nothing that previous Wii updates didnt already have except for actual hardware design. It's not like it brought the No-GCN to the table. Also you kinda don't need wifi on it since Nintendo shut their network off soon after the release and almost nobody was supporting Wii online except Nintendo by the time the Wii Mini came around anyway. Though I will agree it's a nearly pointless system to have with the WiiU having the Wii Menu, and I only ever saw it being sold in one store here (that being Fry's) and it was only for a short period of time. Who even bought it? Dumb parents who didn't want to spend a tiny bit more money on the new thing because they don't know what the flip they're doing in the first place when they buy video game related things.

As for the N3DS, I agree they made some of the upgrading awkward. I'm not sure why the system transfer is weird yet but the no charger (for some people) and the SD card thing are weird. I think they attempted to help those of us who already had a charger or two and never touch the SD card, but for new comers or people changing systems it sure is a rough start.

Sometimes the piece of bread (2DS) seems like a more interesting play than the N3DS or Wii Mini

Rumorlife

Rumorlife

If that Yellow Pkmn 2DS comes to the US I'm buying it okay.

Rumorlife

Peek-a-boo

@Dankykong: The whole first batch of those four see-through coloured 2DS with the original Pokemon games sold out very swiftly!

I just love the look of them, here on this Japanese Nintendo webpage: - https://www.nintendo.co.jp/2ds/index.html

I was always a Pokemon Blue fan though. Bulbasaur was my chosen starter Pokemon, and I live in hope that the Green version comes out in Europe; I'd likely order the thing before you even know about it! Nostalgia is quite a powerful thing...

Peek-a-boo

jump

Socar wrote:

Exactly my point when I tried talking to the guys at the SEGAbits forums but those guys clearly don't get it and they still think that SEGA is relevant enough. They are literally better off being Japan only because they dominate the Arcade market (Atleast that's what I'm told.)

I don't get why people still defend SEGA because when they barely make any attempt making great games, those games don't sell well and yet somehow the mediocre games end up doing well for them?. I understand the reason defending Nintendo because clearly they aren't anywhere irrelevant to consoles and the fact that they obviously dominate the handheld market. But SEGA?

Now while I'm not into Monster Hunter, I like Capcom better because of Mega Man and Strider. Although I'm not sure if I liked their direction of making oracle of ages/seasons because ages is extremely hard unlike seasons and the fact that you need both games to get the best ending. Still despite that, it felt like a Zelda game so that's a plus. And yes, their treatment with their franchises is bad because they can't make more of it if it doesn't sell 2 million atleast....which is going far. Yet despite them being in a tighter situation unlike SEGA, they somehow end up doing better than SEGA.

The only reason why SEGA would still matter in the console market is because of Atlus where their products are niche at best. I can't think of one IP of Atlus that is known nearly as well as even Dragon Quest.

Well if you are on a Sega forum and going on about how Sega needs to die like you do on here then you can't be surprised Sega fans will disagree with you.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

CaviarMeths

Sega fans are the bronies of the gaming world anyway.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Socar

@arronishere: Except when Nintendo fans here post their rants that Nintendo needs to go third party or that Nintendooomed comments, even loyal Nintendo fans don't come mocking at said fans. If someone says that Nintendo on PC is about to happen, even true Nintendo fans would be fine with that.

People have ranted that Fates is more of a cash grab than it being completely optional of how you want to play the games. loyal fans despite them not liking that idea still would prefer buying both games at once.

CaviarMeths

Socar wrote:

Except when Nintendo fans here post their rants that Nintendo needs to go third party or that Nintendooomed comments, even loyal Nintendo fans don't come mocking at said fans. If someone says that Nintendo on PC is about to happen, even true Nintendo fans would be fine with that.

plz stop lying

Octane

@Socar: The only one as of late talking about Nintendo going third party or disappearing entirely is you. It's almost if there's some hidden underground section on NL forums full of Nintendo haters that I do not know of.

Octane

Socar

@Octane: If I'm the only one mentioning it, then why is it mentioned by so many comments around this site alone? There's a forum saying that Nintendo should go on PC. There's a forum that claims that NX should be powerful enough to win the competition between Sony and Microsoft.

There are many that criticize Nintendo's online infrastructure. There's also a rant that says that Nintendo hates youtubers. Clearly there's some Nintendo haters even around this forum.

Also haven't you observed from bolt_strike claiming that Nintendo games are soooo generic?

Edited on by Socar

veeflames

Freeon-Leon wrote:

This thread should be called "Artwark vs. The World"

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

NintendoFan64

Freeon-Leon wrote:

He has to defeat seven evil ex boyfriends (and one girl) to get a girlfriend?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Whydoievenbother

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Freeon-Leon wrote:

He has to defeat seven evil ex boyfriends (and one girl) to get a girlfriend?

Can someone please draw what "Artwark Pilgrim Vs the World" would look like?

No particular reason other than I want to see what that would look like.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic