Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 361 to 380 of 12,088

CanisWolfred

I don't even know who PewDiePie is and have never heard of him outside this thread. I guess he's a Youtuber, therefore I don't care.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

GuSolarFlare

CanisWolfred wrote:

I don't even know who PewDiePie is and have never heard of him outside this thread. I guess he's a Youtuber, therefore I don't care.

lol, thought I was the only one who didn't know....

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

DiscoDriver43

never heard of the E-reader seriously, what is it?

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

RR529

DiscoDriver43 wrote:

never heard of the E-reader seriously, what is it?

It's a peripheral that connected to the GBA (by plugging it into the cartridge slot), and you swiped cards through it that would temporarily download games to your GBA.

I got one with my GBA, and the cards that came with it contained the levels of the original Donkey Kong arcade game.

It didn't last too long though, although there were a few other games released for it (including some compatible Pokémon cards, I believe).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

LzWinky

CanisWolfred wrote:

I think Youtube in general is overrated.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

JoeyTS

E.T for the Atari 2600 is the BEST GAME EVER

UPDATE: Bowser just ate some cake and it was yummy

Memeboy3

Since i didn't see anything Flipnote Related yet...
I might as well go for it....
Remember when censoring curses in source materials in Flipnotes was actually an Ear kill/Jumpscare-Free, and funny experience?

Yeah, i don't really remember that: (Probrobly even wierder is how this flipnote really isn't popular)

S'up
I love Anime and Wii U and 3DS games with Barry and Ross.
And Im playing Super Mario 3D World, KI:U, Colors, etc
My friend code:
3711- 7655 - 4325
My Nintendo network ID :Pokelover10

Giygas_95

I tried Metal Gear Solid 3 and hated it (on 3DS. Maybe the console version would be better, but it would still have most of the problems I had with this game). Bad controls and menus, annoying and unnecessary boss fights (it's a stealth game, I mean why does it need clunky boss fights like Ocelot and the Pain?), bizarre and irritating characters (looking at YOU, Ocelot), unsatisfying gameplay (you can get a 100% camo blend pretty easily with photo camo and make the game stupid easy, but you hardly need to as the enemies are so dim witted), and cutscenes that are far too frequent and drawn out. Splinter Cell is way better in my opinion. Even the much underrated Splinter Cell 3D.

Super Mario 64 is super overrated. Super Mario Kart is an awful game. Super Mario Galaxy 2 was an uninspired cookie cutter sequel that deserves none of the praise it gets whatsoever. While it's not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, it's just as uninspired as say Yoshi's New Island (which is also a good game, it just doesn't have anything new in it). I don't see how people can say it built on what the first Galaxy did at all.

Fire Emblem Awakening, while a good turn based strategy game, is pretty overrated. I don't see it as an RPG.

The Nintendo 64 is a completely overrated console. It was nowhere near the equivalent of any of Nintendo's previous or future consoles to this point in my opinion (excluding perhaps the Virtual Boy). Granted, it had its gems such as OoT, F-zero X, Paper Mario, and Starfox, but overall, I just don't like the 64 that much. Plus, I have no idea why Goldeneye is so universally praised. The only games Rare ever produced that were worth anything to me were the DKC games.

As others have said, Other M is great.

F-zero Maximum Velocity is my favorite F-zero.

Call of Duty and Mario should both take a rest.

I love Starfox Adventures. I hate Assault though.

"The 80s and 90s were the golden days of gaming." I hear this a lot, and while those times definitely had some gems, a whole LOT of games these days are as good as or better than many of those during the 80s and 90s. For instance, Super Mario Galaxy or 3D World>>>>>>>>>>>Super Mario 64. Now, sorry for having so many controversial opinions!

Edited on by Giygas_95

Giygas_95

Nintendo Network ID: Supersonic_Flyer

GuSolarFlare

I don't like the fact that Super Mario 3D land has literally nothing to do with Super Mario Land except for the fact it's a Mario platformer....

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

DiscoDriver43

Super Mario Land is an overrated. Seriously, Super Mario Land 2 was a far better game.

Gamecubed

I think it's harder to reboot Star Fox and F-Zero than people really think.
I don't understand why people want a Star Fox/Metroid crossover game.
I buy, play and enjoy a lot of EA games despite their stupid business practices.
Mario 3D World is more fun than Galaxy.
Skyward Sword was a good game

Gamecubed

DiscoDriver43

The San Fransico Rush games were highly overrated racing games. they would have been better if those games controled like Crusin World. Which was far more fun game Only one that had any merit was 2049.

Edited on by DiscoDriver43

shaneoh

Don't know if this is an unpopular opinion but:
Wii games are much more enjoyable to Xbox 360 games

Also Budokai Tenkaichi 3 needs more characters/maps/ music and a slightly longer story mode (not on the scale of BT2 but a bit larger)

Edited on by shaneoh

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

DiscoDriver43

shaneoh wrote:

Also Budokai Tenkaichi 3 needs more characters/maps/ music and a slightly longer story mode (not on the scale of BT2 but a bit larger)

Needs more Characters? isn't 161 characters enough? That is like more than twice the size of games such as Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and Street Fighter X Tekken

Edited on by DiscoDriver43

The_Ninja

Animal Crossng is BORING. Not the worst game I ever played, but still boring. I don't wanna wait a whole damn day to do that or that. I gave the game one chance with New Leaf... never again. I started changing the date to get to the next day. Still boring. And I don't hate life simulators, I don't LOVE them either. ii I loved Sims 1, Sims 2, Sims 2 pets etc. But this game is too overrated.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

swordx

DiscoDriver43 wrote:

Super Mario Land is an overrated. Seriously, Super Mario Land 2 was a far better game.

I think that while Super Mario Land is definitely a great game, it pales in comparison to its sequel. Super Mario Land 2 and Super Mario Bros. 3 are the best of the 2D Mario games by far.

swordx

CM30

I agree with the person who said Super Mario Land is overrated.

As for my controversial opinions:

Yoshi's Island DS wasn't utterly awful. Oh sure, the level design sucked, the graphics were inconsistent and the music was mostly terrible, but the game itself was kind of fun in its own way, and some ideas in it were pretty good.

Wario Land 4 is better than Yoshi's Island. As is Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2.

The Wario Land series is both woefully underrated and generally better than many other 2D platformers, including Kirby, New Super Mario Bros, Rayman and maybe Sonic the Hedgehog.

Super Mario 3D Land's music was mostly mediocre at best.

Asymmetric gameplay is neither a new idea nor a particularly good one, and was done to death in Mario Party in the form of 1 vs 3 minigames.

NES Remix 1 and 2 are awful ideas that show how out of touch Nintendo can be sometimes. ROM hacks, Mario Crossover, Smash Bros, WarioWare and Mushroom Kingdom Fusion do the 'retro crossover' gimmick far better and show what Nintendo should have been working on instead.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

2Sang

DKCRTF is a lousy ripoff of dkcr
W101 deserves to be one of the top 3 selling wii u games
I think the quality of life is a great idea if it's about merchandise of video game franchises or even toys. If nintendo is going to continue, it needs to make qol products to support its losses in gaming.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic