Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 3,581 to 3,600 of 12,088

NintendoFan64

shaneoh wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

In what world is Smash generic!? It's completely different than most fighting games and is completely off the wall!

I'm guessing it's generic because it's a sequel

Going by Bolt's logic...yeah. That sounds about right.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

LzWinky

Bolt_Strike wrote:

LztheQuack wrote:

And Smash isn't full of personality how?

Generic fighting game that's a mishmash of characters. There's really not much to it.

Your opinions amuse me.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Socar

@NintendoFan64: so going by that logic.....then every Zelda, Mario, Metroid etc with the exception of their first games are generic because of their sequels.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

Bayonetta is probably objectively the best choice for a DLC Smash character. Wouldn't be my pick, but I cannot think of a character that would be simultaneously be more interesting to implement into Smash, relevant (to both Nintendo and in general) and should be included right about now. The only other choice that comes close would be Shovel Knight.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ralizah

@kkslider5552000: I still think Shantae would fit well into the cartoon aesthetic of Smash. Her special attacks could encorporate quick animal transformations, which would be interesting. She's extremely relevant to Nintendo, given almost all of her games were released on Nintendo handhelds.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Shinion

'Generic' my God how I love these buzzwords used by people who have no idea what they are taking about and just use them to suit their agenda!

Shinion

NintendoFan64

Socar wrote:

@NintendoFan64: so going by that logic.....then every Zelda, Mario, Metroid etc with the exception of their first games are generic because of their sequels.

Except for Metroid Prime 3, because Bolt likes that game .

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Ralizah

@Bolt_Strike: Smash's mechanics are totally different than any other fighting game series out there. It's literally the least generic fighter in existence.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Bolt_Strike

LztheQuack wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

LztheQuack wrote:

And Smash isn't full of personality how?

Generic fighting game that's a mishmash of characters. There's really not much to it.

Your opinions amuse me.

You're awfully amused by things that aren't entertaining.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

CaviarMeths

Was wondering why there were another few pages of posts here since I last checked. Nice to see Bolt dropped the latest chapter in his "all of these games I've never played are generic" fanfic. It's been so long since an update.

I have to give it a 5/10 though. Too much recycled content from previous chapters.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

ThePirateCaptain

The Doom community is by far the best in gaming. The fact that fans can keep a game relevant after over 20 years is not only a testament to how well designed the game is, but to what fans can create when given the opportunity.

The open-world and third-person action / survival trends in games now is pretty bad. It seems like just about every game has to have an open-world with hundreds of pointless filler or a third-person shooter with "survival" and watered down RPG elements.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Socar

Nintendo is the only one that people rant about most of the time because they don't do what gamers want them to do and when they do what gamers want, they still rant because they are forced to buy their systems to get their games........

@GamecubeMan: when I play games that I didn't like overall, atleast I won't say they are generic and less entertaining....its just that it doesn't interest me to say the least.

I'm right now playing Tomb Raider Anniversary and I already don't like it but I can see why others would and that's important for game designers like me.

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

earthboundlink

I think the writing in Xenoblade Chronicles is terrible, and the story doesn't really make any sense. (Note: I still really like the game, and will probably get X, but man the writing is so bad)
I hate essentially all video game voice acting
1-on-1 fighting games have been almost universally terrible since the creation of 3D engines.
I don't really like any main series Kirby game because they are too easy.
Sakurai's versions of Pit and Palutena are irritating (there's that voice acting again).
I didn't like The World Ends With You. The main character was way too emo for me to relate to him.
I hate voice chat in online games.
A lot of the Nindie games are more or less the same: Side-scrolling platformer/Metroidvania+clever art-style+1 unique mechanic.

earthboundlink

Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

@GamecubeMan Not just because I don't like them. Because they're formulaic and repetitive. Many of Nintendo's games this gen, especially from their biggest IPs, have become really stale this gen and play similarly to their predecessors.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Shinion

@Bolt_Strike: Almost any game can be called 'repetitive' whether it is Super Mario Bros, The Witcher 3 or COD, no game changes its formula halfway through or deviates from what the basics are that are established in the opening two to ten hours depending on the game. That 'r' word is just one of many that has been crushed to the ground and lost all meaning in gaming by people using it wrong because they don't know what they're talking about, like 'emotional', 'innovative' and 'iconic'. 99.9% of the time those words, among others, are used in this industry they're being used wrong to pull the wool over the eyes of easily manipulated people on the Internet. David Cage, your games aren't emotional, they're just poor, boring and terribly written. There's an example for you.

Oh and about your second point, game sequels playing similarly to their predecessors? Quelle horreur! Quelle surprise! I never thought about it before. Just after playing Assassin's Creed Syndiacte, Call of Duty Black Ops III, Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Forza 6, God of War III remastered and Batman Arkham Knight it occurred to me thanks to your expert insight and analysis that Nintendo are of course the plague of the industry as far as innovation are concerned, and are the only company that do this.

See my point? Perhaps you are the one with the problem, making rules for one whilst blissfully ignoring the mess that the AAA industry is in. When are Sony going to change the videogame world with a brand new game IP? What is their next big game coming out? Uncharted 4? And is that a cover shooter like the first 3? Egad!!!!!!!!! Nintendo are at it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

IceClimbers

I feel like this thread is really "Bolt_Strike and Haru17: The Thread". Seriously, both of you have quite possibly the most unpopular opinions on this site.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

LadyCharlie

Unpopular Opinion:
Kojima ain't all that.

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

LzWinky

Bolt_Strike wrote:

@GamecubeMan Not just because I don't like them. Because they're formulaic and repetitive. Many of Nintendo's games this gen, especially from their biggest IPs, have become really stale this gen and play similarly to their predecessors.

Isn't this true of most sequels and games in general?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Tobiaku

Famicom detective might be the single moste intriguing Nintendo franchise.

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic