Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 3,401 to 3,420 of 12,088

Octane

@Artwark: What are you trying to prove? That all of Nintendo's bad decisions were made by ''third parties''. Not sure what you're talking about when you're saying that many third parties will go mobile or port their console games to PC, because that's absolutely not the case. Even if a multiplat game gets ported to PC as well, I still don't see the problem...

Octane

Socar

@Octane: Companies that make more money on Mobile and PC.

• EA
  • SEGA
  • Square Enix
  • Konami
  • Activision Blizzard
  • Game Freak

I can go on here. The problem here is to give consumers the reason of purchasing a product instead of giving them faith that it will eventually be multiplat. Because certain games were designed with the dual screen of the DS and porting it will need a LOT of thought and time and since devs don't want to do that, they make a poor man's port and get free money.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

arronishere wrote:

Artwark wrote:

Yeah...about level-5......yeah, you really don't seem to understand the IP value that Level-5 has and yet out of all of them, only two are considered the best of what Level-5 has to offer, out of which, one of them is nearly identical to Pokemon

I swear you were ranting the other day about how Yo Kai Watch isn't a "pokemon killer" because it's so different to pokemon.

It's because all of his posts in this thread are him reading a bunch of angry rant blogs and then trying to repeat it from memory here to varying degrees of success.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

LzWinky

Half-donkeyed games? Nintendo? Never...oh wait, Yoshi's New Island among others

Also, Nintendo has made stinkers in the past. This year is just more noticeable with the delays and lack of otherwise enticing software. Also, I don't think this year is as bad as all of you claim. You pretend that Splatoon and Mario Maker (among others) didn't happen just because the holiday line-up sucked (which it does).

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Socar

@LztheQuack: Not to mention that we are getting Xenoblade next month.

New island isn't really that bad....its just not that great. It was made by the same team who made Island DS so its no surprise here.
And you proved my point that Nintendo trusted the third party developer at first and so, we ended up with this.

Whydoievenbother

I don't see why a Zelda movie would be so hard. Yes, I know, the continuity, but that can be solved by going back to basics. Triforce. Three of them. Ganon has one, Zelda also has one so Ganon kidnaps her. Impa tells Link to obtain the 3rd Triforce and stop Ganon.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Socar

@MrMario02: Problem here is that movies are more of story driven and how the quality of acting reflects the actual game series. You wouldn't want someone like Justin to be the actor for Link or Zelda williams to act as Zelda because of her name being Zelda.

Branching off to other types of entertainment is something that Nintendo wasn't really interested in and even when they are, they are just too scared of even trying it out. Sure, Miyamoto-San did release a Pikmin film but that's more of a short film for a festival.

Whydoievenbother

@Artwark Who said Zelda Williams and Justin Bieber (i assume that's who you were talking about) play Zelda and Link? Heck, who said that it had to be live action? It could easily be a great animated film.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Octane

Artwark wrote:

Octane: Companies that make more money on Mobile and PC.

• EA
  • SEGA
  • Square Enix
  • Konami
  • Activision Blizzard
  • Game Freak

I can go on here. The problem here is to give consumers the reason of purchasing a product instead of giving them faith that it will eventually be multiplat. Because certain games were designed with the dual screen of the DS and porting it will need a LOT of thought and time and since devs don't want to do that, they make a poor man's port and get free money.

What's your point? I doubt that's actually true, unless you can provide me with a source. But even if they make more money from mobile and PC games; Good for them.

Octane

Socar

@Octane: yeah good for them....which is why they would rather move to mobile and PC instead of console gaming. Really, you're saying that many devs aren't moving over from console gaming and now you're saying that to those that make more money on PC and mobile are good for them?

Octane

@Artwark: I know, it's a like paradox, isn't it? How is it possible that some developers make mobile and PC games as well and yet I don't really care..? PC gaming has been around as long as console gaming, so I don't understand your opposition against PC. If Konami decides to focus on mobile games, I don't see the problem. The void they leave behind will be filled up by other developers. It's not as if nobody produces console games anymore. Console gaming still create multiple billions of revenue each year, so...

Octane

Tyranexx

Today's Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon Review reminded me of why I haven't picked up a game in this spinoff series since Blue Rescue Team on the DS. I know that reviews can be pretty opinionated, but I agree with a lot of the aspects covered. Not all Pokemon spinoffs are by any means bad, and there are still a few out there (like Coliseum/XD and Snap) that I would like to try.

(Note that the following paragraphs detail my experiences with Blue Rescue Team only)

I don't recall the story being bad (in fact, I found it entertaining), but it was really the post-game that chased me away from the series. The 99 floor dungeons were tedious and, if you somehow made it to the boss legendary sitting at the end without dying, there was no guarantee that you would add that Pokemon to your team, even WITH items like the Friend Bow. Imagine finally getting through said dungeon (WITHOUT dying, which was sometimes a feat) and not recruiting that sweet legendary Pokemon. All that time wasted for nothing.

While I don't mind some grinding in my games, this game took it to an extreme. Grinding and leveling Pokemon on my team was a boring slog, and at the time I don't believe there was any way to level Pokemon other than taking them to dungeons with you. (My memory is a bit foggy here, so I may be forgetting something. For all I know, they improved this mechanic in later games, or added some type of daycare or training ground) The team member limit was a bit of a problem here (or a challenge?), and those Pokemon that you were trying to quickly train up to acceptable levels would faint easily.

I'm not saying that the Mystery Dungeon series is horrible (I've played bad spinoffs; remember Pokemon Dash?), but I'm listing off why I don't care for it.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

jump

Did someone say Zelda Williams is gonna be cast as Zelda because her name is Zelda? Idris Elba needs to change his name to James Bond pronto!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Socar

@DarthNocturnal: Fine. You made valid points. But may I ask. Why are you defending third parties when you know that most of them don't deliver like SEGA for example?

Blue_Blur

Is it unpopular to think that Kirby Air Ride is the best Kirby game?

No Kirby game is bad, but I just can't seem to really get into the series anymore. I used to love Kirby a lot more when I was younger, and loved Amazing Mirror, Air Ride, Nightmare In Dreamland. Ever since Mass Attack though, I just couldn't get back into the series. I tired Return to Dreamland, but couldn't get into that one, either. Once a game starts feeling like a chore to complete, it's time to stop playing. I didn't even bother getting Triple Deluxe, just didn't look that fun to me. 2D platformers have never been my favorite type of game, so that's probably part of the reason why Kirby doesn't appeal to me anymore. The other part as to why... I really don't know. All Kirby games are solid releases, and don't seem to disappoint. I still love Meta Knight and Bandanna Dee, though.

With that said, I guess my unpopular opinions are I don't like the Kirby series that much, and I think Air Ride is the best Kirby game.

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Socar

@Blue_Blur: Same here. Except the best one that I've played is Canvas Curse.

I'm a bit upset that Hal just flat out left Meta Knight lately. Sure, he appears in Smash but that's just it.

Blue_Blur

Artwark wrote:

@Blue_Blur: Same here. Except the best one that I've played is Canvas Curse.

I'm a bit upset that Hal just flat out left Meta Knight lately. Sure, he appears in Smash but that's just it.

I forgot about Canvas Curse! I love that game, too! Rainbow Curse didn't appeal to me at all though... sorry Kirby!
Yeah, Meta Knight's my favorite Kirby character, too. I used to always be him in Air Ride, he had such an advantage over the Kirby's. Getting the head start and always having an ability made him OP, in my opinion. (But still fun to play as, of course.) At least he's not OP in Smash anymore. I wouldn't mind if Meta Knight got his own game, that would be sweet! Maybe fly around and slash enemies with his sword in an 3D environment, I would buy that!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

GamecubeMan

@Artwark In the grand scheme of things, a video game developer is a company. The main goal of almost every company is to make money. Now tell me why Nintendo released games like Paper Mario Sticker Star or Yoshi's New Island without the slighest hesitation regardless of the backlash they have recieved from fans? Because it will sell. This is essentially what some third party developers are doing. Making a game that is a easy cash grab. Mind you, there are many great titles that 3rd party developers have produced with time and effort such as MGSV, UnderTale ans Life is Strange to name a few. That is not to say that Nintendo doesnt make great games but you are really generalizing the whole gaming developing community in a harsh and narrow minded way by saying you hate 3rd party developers because so an so did this and because you feel that Nintendo feels forced to try something new like mobile gaming.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Socar

@GamecubeMan: The two games from Nintendo that you mentioned are at the very least finished games and honestly, the criticism that those games got wasn't because of them being completely odd, but rather the execution of the whole thing. If sticker star polished the sticker mechanic a bit instead of ending up the way it is now, I would have liked it better.

Again, the way Nintendo does things is MORE forgiving than what third parties do because they run the philosophy of taking risks and the two games that you mentioned have proven this very point. Yes, its risky doing that but by doing so, they try new things instead of listening to gamers instead of doing the same thing over and over. paper jam looks like it will be a fun game to play and it does look more fun than sticker star because they learnt a LOT from sticker star.

As for selling..... well, you said it youself that its more of a cash grab which is why many of them port their games to mobile just for that reason. Nintendo could easily do the same thing but they didn't because they wanted to do something that would drive consumers to their products.

Look, you can easily pick medicocre or somehow manage to pick a bad quality game that Nintendo released/published. But at the end, you can't deny that Nintendo delivers quality somehow and someway. the mediocre games are more of trying things different and learning from them. Mario Tennis isn't big as Mario Kart so they took the safe approach to it.

Third parties? Well they do that but don't do it the way Nintendo does it. Only taking risks and more risks by not learning from them instead of Nintendo. Why Sonic Boom should exist when SEGA didn't make enough profit for Lost World? They should have left Boom for PC and ported Sonic Generations on Wii U so that we could have gotten a solid Sonic game despite it being a port. Many third parties do marketing hell that sell big but don't deliver like....shovelware.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic