Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 3,381 to 3,400 of 12,088

Octane

@VelvetElvis: Late December to April is usually the best time for me when it comes to gaming. Few game releases and plenty of time to work on my backlog. I always feel I've accomplished something when the winter/early spring season is over.

Octane

Socar

In my opinion, Satoru Iwata is the best leader that Nintendo ever had. I'm positive that the future CEO's can't come to the level of Iwata-San and even if they can, they won't be as humorous as Iwata-San.

I still feel sorrow to this day ever since the reveal. I can't help but feel that Nintendo might not be anywhere charming as they still are now when market makes them realize that nobody wants their hardware anymore and that makes me sad because I want to play these wonderful new toys that Nintendo has to offer.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

Artwark wrote:

In my opinion, Satoru Iwata is the best leader that Nintendo ever had.

You accidentally posted this here instead of the Very Popular Gaming Opinions thread.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

LzWinky

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@Artwark

The people who disliked Awakening were probably the same people who disliked Sacred Stones, because you had the option to grind, thus negating some of the challenge. Of course, the solution is to, well, NOT level grind.

These are also likely the same people that claim having an Easy Mode ruins a game...

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Whydoievenbother

Why are so many developers abandoning singleplayer? There's no good reason to think that singleplayer isn't selling anymore. Yeah, sure CoD. But not every game is CoD.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Socar

I never understand the defend that third parties get from gamers. Sure they go out of the boundaries and they do stuff that gamers would want first party developers to do like making the game mature or something that is generally accepted by gamers like sexy women in gaming or hardcore gaming spirits that come from games like Street Fighter and Castlevania and the list goes on.

And yeah, third parties do make big profits for the game industry.....but at what cost? Delivering unfinished games first at launch forcing the ones who preordered the game to wait for a patch? Not working hard like first parties to deliver quality games instead of getting lazy ports that aren't even completed most of the time? Doing something that's completely devaluing the main IP instead of valuing it (Sonic anyone?)

First parties value their IP's and yes they do make some mistakes here and there but that's more of an experiment rather than making quick money. They are the ones that made the hardware damm it so they are the only ones who can understand how the hardware works more than third parties.

Some of you will defend and say, well if it weren't for third parties, first parties won't be making any revenue because they need more games on their systems that convinces the gamers to buy their systems. But now with PC being the most reliable source to gaming and the fact that very few only do this sort of console gaming only thing, third parties are less of an importance now onwards because the very fact that these devs can't work harder than first parties and simply don't know what they want from them.

Clearly the VITA kills the 3DS in terms of power and yet third parties neither focus much on Vita and 3DS for that matter. The very fact that the DS dominated the seventh gen proves why SEGA did a stupid move of not porting Valkyria Chronicles 2 on DS instead of PSP. Heck, they can make more money on Steam for all I care. After all, didn't SEGA say that they are moving to PC and Mobile?

@MrMario02: The reason for this is because some games were designed to be more of multiplayer than single player. Games like Racing, Fighting, Sports, etc are more enjoyed playing with multiplayer that's why you don't see me buying games that are more of multiplayer than single player. Splatoon from what I looked at is more enjoyed playing multiplayer......and its similar for Smash as well.

Edited on by Socar

Shinion

@SpookyMeths: I second (or should that be third?) that. I still can't believe there were people here rude enough firstly to try and belittle his achievements and going so far as to say his untimely departure from Nintendo was a good thing for them from a business perspective. Though TBF there is another user here who for some reason thinks that it would be a good idea for Nintendo to alienate the third biggest gaming market for no reason whatsoever. So yeah it's probably the intelligence of people here but I digress. Iwata I'm sure was very proud of the legacy and impact he had on Nintendo if he ever reflected on it and he must've had very few regrets.

Shinion

CaviarMeths

It's not even really about Iwata being a good leader (though I'm sure it's also popular opinion that he was). It's more that his only competition for video games-era Nintendo leadership is Hiroshi "Actual Gangster" Yamauchi.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

GamecubeMan

@Artwark you must really open your horizons. All I ever see from you on this thread is really weird ideas about 3rd party developers. No one is forcing Nintendo to do anything. Nintendo is not getting bullied to make mobile games or release a stronger console. They choose to do so because the company wants to stay with the times. Also if you only play Nintendo games you are missing out on a lot of amazing video games in the process. I love Nintendo and think they are a great video game company. However, there are many other great companies that make games just as great as them. I highly encourage you to give 3rd parties a chance and stop hating on them. You also dont have to antagonize these 3rd party companies because many of them have a deep respect for Nintendo and not out to destroy Nintendo. A thought process like that is only really hurting your gaming experience in the long run anyway.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

TomJ wrote:

Golden Sun did more for Nintendo than Xenoblade Chronicles (Smash doesn't count)

Yes, the launch title GBA JRPG did better than the limited release JRPG.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Socar

@DarthNocturnal: @GamecubeMan: Have you seen fallout 4? It looks ugly and the models are not even lip synced properly. It didn't do anything new to the series and its considered average by most fans. And despite that, it ended up selling 12 million units already.

This simply means that Bethesda can easily not listen to fans here and just do from what Fallout 4 just did and it will sell. That's the same case for Konami....so many valuable IP's they have and yet, they treat them like dirt.

Also, tell me one gamer who will spend 50$ on just DLC for Battlefront? Really, you want me to defend these third parties. Level-5 disappointed me with the last Professor Layton game in the series namely Azran Legacy. Its story is cliche instead of adding twists and touches like how Unwound Future did, the puzzles are ripped right out from the previous games with only few of them standing out (That is if you play the ones included in the story mode and not the weekly puzzles.) and to top it all off, the pacing was just horrible as it tries to emulate the open ended path except that nothing really happens when you make progress.

Let's talk a little of SEGA here. They just announced a new Valkyria game but its a spin off instead of a new one that many fans have been dying to see. Yet they get happy for this but they don't get excited when Federation Force showed up? Really? That's the lamest thing that I've ever seen in my life. Wow, really sounds like an oddball here. Just tell me the third parties that really respect Nintendo and support them as much as possible?

And just so you know, I recently bought six of these games on Steam.

• Tomb raider: Anniversary
  • Broken Sword Trilogy
  • Ys Chronicles 1 and 2.

That makes a total of six games. All of which are third parties. So don't tell me that I'm against them when I myself am trying to play some of them here.

Shinion

@TomJ: haven't played any of those Sonic games you mentioned but I'm curious about your 3rd point. How are you trying to compare them specifically? Sales? Quality? Fanbase? Legacy? There's little to compare from what I see between a series with two GBA and one DS game and one with only a Wii game released worldwide so far.

Shinion

Whydoievenbother

I worry that Nintendo is starting to start shoving out new releases so they can say that the Wii U has good games on it. AC: Amiibo Party and Mario Party 10 got mixed reviews all across the board, and now they are releasing a TP remake that looks barely any better than the original version.

Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Socar

@DarthNocturnal: I don't really care about the specs.....just the way the game looks and Fallout 4 just looks plain bland with dry colors. It gives Crysis some justice.

Clearly you haven't observed many developers that use their IP in wrong ways or do things that no one wants them to do. Sonic for example is something I will never understand how SEGA can screw up a valuable IP.

Yeah...about level-5......yeah, you really don't seem to understand the IP value that Level-5 has and yet out of all of them, only two are considered the best of what Level-5 has to offer, out of which, one of them is nearly identical to Pokemon and the other one is being treated badly. I miss the Layton series and now its done and it lacks the charm that the original trilogy had.

Oh....so you would rather be fine with a VC spinoff that isn't even themed on millitary but instead on medieval times and be excited about that and then have some nerve saying that Federation Force while trying to be like Metroid fails to look like it because of deformed soldiers?

Also, who said anything about porting games to Nintendo? Since porting games itself leads to failure due to the fact that its done on a different system, might as well make a new game for the system instead. And even then, many of them just can't seem to port games properly even if the system is powerful enough.

Boig praises of the 3DS was given by many third parties and despite that, they barely did anything that stands out. The only ones who have really tried their har

For instance SEGA ported Sonic 1 on GBA which is LOUSY as hell! Don't tell me that the GBA CANNOT handle blast processing because technically, it can and heck there's even a hack that proves it! You think SEGA could learn from their experience in hardware development and do a perfect port here? Nope. Heck, the fans are able to do things even better than SEGA when doing certain ports like Sonic CD for example.

Octane

Fallout 4 is an ugly and boring game anyway.

@Artwark: You're cherry picking. Just because some of them are bad, doesn't mean all of them are. I don't really get the ''Nintendo vs third party'' you got going on here, as if all other companies can easily be lumped together in one group. And even Nintendo creates half-arsed games.

Octane

jump

Artwark wrote:

Yeah...about level-5......yeah, you really don't seem to understand the IP value that Level-5 has and yet out of all of them, only two are considered the best of what Level-5 has to offer, out of which, one of them is nearly identical to Pokemon

I swear you were ranting the other day about how Yo Kai Watch isn't a "pokemon killer" because it's so different to pokemon.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

GamecubeMan

@Artwark: You literally gave examples of the worst of 3rd party developer decisions and even then you really give any explainationabout this claim about Nintendo is forced to this or that. You just went on a tangent about how bad certain 3rd party developers are. Also news flash, Nintendo has made some pretty stupid decisions in the past including literally creating one of their biggest competitors, Sony by canceling their deal at the last minute. So its not like Nintendo is 100% pure and great as you have stated before as you have acknowledged before. However, the way you go around bashing 3rd parties and saying this and that makes is hard to believe you truely believe that Nintendo has made a crappy bussiness decison before.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Socar

@Octane: @GamecubeMan: That's because Nintendo developed games with third and second party companies. Most of the ideas come form them and not from Nintendo and Nintendo takes risk by trusting them. Sticker Star for example was developed by Vanpool who don't have much of an amazing portfolio other than the minigames in Superstar Saga. Now with the merging that just happened, it looks like Nintendo may no longer need third party devs to help make more of their own games using them but instead letting third parties develop their own games for them.

Hyrule Warriors? Came from Koei Techmo. Idea of Master of Disguise, from Suzak who got bankrupt btw.

Fire Emblem X Shin Megami? From a third party dev namely Atlus. So again, the reason why Nintendo puts up with this is because they need to have strong relationships between them and third parties because at this point, they are pretty much forced to beg third party support.

Sure, I'll admit that Nintendo has made bad decisions but here's the problem, they always take risks whether its a good or a bad one. Having two screens for a handheld looked like a nightmare to both play and develop but in the end, it did wonders. Having motion controls sounded like a chore but in the end, it sold well.

and look what's happening to Smash. Instead of adding more Nintendo characters, they are adding third party characters. Really a smart move putting Cloud instead of putting someone like....oh idk, like umm.....Chrom? or Ice Climbers? or Wolf from Star Fox? or Paper Mario? Or Mike from Startropics? heck, we don't even get that mysterious matsume character at all despite his theme being played.

I haven't played smash and again, I understand why they are doing this so they can be in good relationship with third parties, but honestly, I feel that the next Smash will have less of Nintendo characters and more of third parties if they keep this up....assuming that Sakurai-San is in charge of the next one.

I don't see why third parties should matter for consoles honestly. The fact that many of them are planning to leave the console market to focus on mobile is really telling us that they are not gonna focus on consoles that long. Many of us will know that the game will eventually be ported to PC and if history shows, will be a poor version of the original one. Tell me a couple of devs out there who has never ported their games eventually to PC....yeah. Not a lot of them is there. For these devs, they need lots of cash as first parties but only more in greedy terms.

Whydoievenbother

I'd like to see smash add a Mario & Luigi duo character.

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic