Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 3,341 to 3,360 of 12,088

Rumorlife

AceDefective wrote:

TsunamiSensei wrote:

Changing of content to fit the region, or "censorship" isn't all that bad. People may rant about preserving the integrity of the original work, but, the changes made in works to fit their demographics make each version a unique experience. Yeah, some of the changes may be dumb, but as a whole, they tend to make sense. I guess I'm an uncultured American for having this opinion, and all pure Japanese works are superior, no matter what, but what do I know? Only the right opinion is allowed on the internet.

I feel like people would complain less about censorship (because that is honestly what it is) if the option to enjoy the original version would be easily present rather than a hassle. Even then, appealing to certain sensibilities is always a slippery slope. Removing the breast size meter in Xenoblade Chronicles X was definitely the final straw for some people since customizing breast size is a very integral part of character design.

This is just one of the few things that cracks me up. Of all things to be the final straw. My unpopular opinion on it is everyone's choosing a really bad final straw on this game. "IM ANGRY THE BOOB SIZE CANNOT BE CHANGED", aside from making the game needlessly sexual, what difference does that feature actually make? Good. I'm glad they took it out. Now there will be less sticky gamepads out there in the end. Also it's not a good excuse "OMG THEY TOOK AWAY THE CUTE CLOTHING, I CANNOT VIEW HER UNREALISTIC SEXY LEGS NOW" oh my god please get someone real to help you out with these urges. Censorship = bad, that's understandable to the max. Angry about the nudity in this game being reduced when it's totally irrelevant is like being proud you can access Hot Coffee in your GTA San Andreas.

Also PS isn't the boob girl in question suppose to be like 12-14 in the game? Maybe I'm wrong on that one but if she IS that just adds to the awkward.

Rumorlife

Ralizah

I wouldn't mind if they sold the censored version as the base game and then released DLC that unlocked the censored content. I'm pretty sure everyone would be satisfied with an arrangement like that. The puritans can play their game without being oppressed by the presence of breasts, and the few who really care about cut content can rest easy knowing they're playing the version of the game that was originally intended by the developers.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

jump

Dankykong wrote:

AceDefective wrote:

TsunamiSensei wrote:

Changing of content to fit the region, or "censorship" isn't all that bad. People may rant about preserving the integrity of the original work, but, the changes made in works to fit their demographics make each version a unique experience. Yeah, some of the changes may be dumb, but as a whole, they tend to make sense. I guess I'm an uncultured American for having this opinion, and all pure Japanese works are superior, no matter what, but what do I know? Only the right opinion is allowed on the internet.

I feel like people would complain less about censorship (because that is honestly what it is) if the option to enjoy the original version would be easily present rather than a hassle. Even then, appealing to certain sensibilities is always a slippery slope. Removing the breast size meter in Xenoblade Chronicles X was definitely the final straw for some people since customizing breast size is a very integral part of character design.

This is just one of the few things that cracks me up. Of all things to be the final straw. My unpopular opinion on it is everyone's choosing a really bad final straw on this game. "IM ANGRY THE BOOB SIZE CANNOT BE CHANGED", aside from making the game needlessly sexual, what difference does that feature actually make? Good. I'm glad they took it out. Now there will be less sticky gamepads out there in the end. Also it's not a good excuse "OMG THEY TOOK AWAY THE CUTE CLOTHING, I CANNOT VIEW HER UNREALISTIC SEXY LEGS NOW" oh my god please get someone real to help you out with these urges. Censorship = bad, that's understandable to the max. Angry about the nudity in this game being reduced when it's totally irrelevant is like being proud you can access Hot Coffee in your GTA San Andreas.

Also PS isn't the boob girl in question suppose to be like 12-14 in the game? Maybe I'm wrong on that one but if she IS that just adds to the awkward.

It's the player's custom avatar and not the underage girl that's had the boob slider removed.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

AceDefective

Dankykong wrote:

AceDefective wrote:

TsunamiSensei wrote:

First off, breasts are not immediately sexual. Second, like what if the character the player had in mind was flat chested or had only a slightly larger/smaller than usual cup size? Now they're stuck the default and can't change it. Third, not everyone enjoys having content removed because of a few other people's sensibilities and you shouldn't either. I'm assuming you're an adult and can make your own decisions, so why let other people who don't know you decide what you can and can't handle?
While I personally don't care about the feature being removed too much, I can understand why some people would be bothered by it.

Edited on by AceDefective

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

Rumorlife

AceDefective wrote:

Dankykong wrote:

AceDefective wrote:

TsunamiSensei wrote:

First off, breasts are not immediately sexual. Second, like what if the character the player had in mind was flat chested or had only a slightly larger/smaller than usual cup size? Now they're stuck the default and can't change it. Third, not everyone enjoys having content removed because of a few other people's sensibilities and you shouldn't either. I'm assuming you're an adult and can make your own decisions, so why let other people who don't know you decide what you can and can't handle?
While I personally don't care about the feature being removed too much, I can understand why some people would be bothered by it.

I'm not saying everyone complaining falls under that category, and my comments are mostly aimed at those making the problem I'm pointing out. True, they are not immediately sexual. BUT, a majority of the drama behind this has ultimately lead it to be "now how come I cant have bigger boobs?" Also too bad if you had someone with a flat chest in mind, you can't even change how the character looks that much anyway and nobody is asking to be able to change the crotch size of the male characters. "But what if I had a man in mind that bulges?" I guess you'll have to settle for normal boob and crotch instead of intense or flat. If the boob scroller was there, I wouldn't care just as much as I don't care that it's not there. My point was that a lot of the arguments behind this aren't giving any reason we should have it in every version. I want bigger cans isn't a reason. I think Nintendolife hasn't seen this action as much since the first blow out because maybe the mods or the untouchable people on this site stepped on it lol

One thing is for sure, it made a lot of people angry that Bayonetta came to the WiiU because of how she looks, that even though it's clearly not aimed at children, it "ruins the WiiU and it's family experience" which turned families away from buying the entire system, even if that's totally irrational and insane. I wouldn't be surprised that at least the notion of censoring it in this way will prevent such an event (no matter how small) from happening again. Also not a new idea but maybe it was to avoid an M rating by the ESRB, or an 18 by Pegi, since they usually mirror each other.

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

Whydoievenbother

Isn't it great when arguments break out over stupid things?

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

DefHalan

TsunamiSensei wrote:

I agree with you. As much as I love watching Anime and experiencing a little bit of Japanese culture that I can, I understand localization is required and there are certain things that are ok in one culture that are not ok in another. Some people may not like it but 13 year olds being "sexy" isn't really acceptable in our culture.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Rumorlife

The whole thing really lands under "this is why we can't have nice things" because you or your friends may not sexualize it but Bobby next door probably will and clearly people can't always handle such simple things. 13 year old boobs that you can make gigantic are not something people in America can handle. You may be able to deal with it in a mature way. Others can't, and this is why we can't have nice things.

I'm not fighting if that's what it seemed like lol I'm just saying.

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

DefHalan

Dankykong wrote:

The whole thing really lands under "this is why we can't have nice things" because you or your friends may not sexualize it but Bobby next door probably will and clearly people can't always handle such simple things. 13 year old boobs that you can make gigantic are not something people in America can handle. You may be able to deal with it in a mature way. Others can't, and this is why we can't have nice things.

I'm not fighting if that's what it seemed like lol I'm just saying.

That is basically it but on a bigger scale. Majority of people in the Teen rating demographic would not be able to handle it in a responsible way. Some people might think, "then just have the game be rated Mature in the States" but that cuts out a lot of their customer base. If Nintendo wants to target teenagers then they cannot have those features and that is the demographic they want to target with this game.

Whydoievenbother

Lego Games are severely underrated.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

DefHalan

Sometimes it feels like "Gamers" are hypocrites. A game like Splatoon doesn't have enough content at launch but a game like Star Wars: Battlefront has enough. They say they won't support a certain game but buy it Day 1, they are really excited for a game but wait for a sale. They want 3rd Party support but they don't want to support 3rd Party. How are companies supposed to keep good Public Relations while maximizing profits? You want a new Metroid game but didn't like our previous Metroid game or the one we just announced. You want us to take Online more seriously but complain about a lack of focus on single-player. So rarely do customer demands and profits line up that I question the logic of even listening to begin with. You can't expect companies to take more risk with their money if you aren't taking more risks with yours. /rant

I feel a little better.

Buizel

DefHalan wrote:

Sometimes it feels like "Gamers" are hypocrites. A game like Splatoon doesn't have enough content at launch but a game like Star Wars: Battlefront has enough. They say they won't support a certain game but buy it Day 1, they are really excited for a game but wait for a sale. They want 3rd Party support but they don't want to support 3rd Party. How are companies supposed to keep good Public Relations while maximizing profits? You want a new Metroid game but didn't like our previous Metroid game or the one we just announced. You want us to take Online more seriously but complain about a lack of focus on single-player. So rarely do customer demands and profits line up that I question the logic of even listening to begin with. You can't expect companies to take more risk with their money if you aren't taking more risks with yours. /rant

I feel a little better.

The thing to keep in mind here, is that "gamers" aren't just one type of person. These people you are talking about may all well be different people, and in some cases a vocal minority may dominate conversation on a particular game, company or system. Actually, what really grinds my gears is when people use blanket statements like "hardcore gamers want this" and "true fans want this". Gamers want different things and I believe this isn't really recognised enough.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

ThePirateCaptain

MrMario02 wrote:

Lego Games are severely underrated.

I had a ton of fun with Lego Star Wars as a kid, and even today I think it's a fantastic game. Yeah, they can be a little samey, but why mess with a formula that works?

@DefHalan
I guess some of it may just be because it's the vocal minority complaining about that type of thing rather than the whole population. Either case, it just shows why game companies shouldn't always listen to the fans because we don't actually know what we want half the time.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Buizel

ThePirateCaptain wrote:

it just shows why game companies shouldn't always listen to the fans because we don't actually know what we want half the time.

Completely agree, and I think I may have actually mentioned this as an unpopular opinion earlier.

At least 2'8".

DefHalan

Buizel wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I feel a little better.

The thing to keep in mind here, is that "gamers" aren't just one type of person. These people you are talking about may all well be different people, and in some cases a vocal minority may dominate conversation on a particular game, company or system. Actually, what really grinds my gears is when people use blanket statements like "hardcore gamers want this" and "true fans want this". Gamers want different things and I believe this isn't really recognised enough.

I understand and agree with that but I still think my point stands.

Socar

Those who claim that Yokoi Watch is a Pokemon killer are ridiculous.

I've not played the game because it doesn't interest me despite me loving Level-5. But understanding the game, I can say that its not gonna sell huge like Pokemon anytime soon.

Sure, the creative design is clever but that's only because Game Freak didn't make much effort designing the Pokemon better. Otherwise, it could be more of an opposite. Then comes the main game itself. The game requires you to get specific Yokoi to progress in the story whereas Pokemon doesn't.

As far as I'm aware, Watch doesn't have any trading unlike Pokemon which is what Pokemon is known for. Finally, there's the replay value. Its nowhere as huge as Pokemon and while many will say that the sequel makes it better, the fact that the first Pokemon game had replay value is just meaningless to argue that point.

That being said, its good that many are trying to emulate the pokemon feeling because who knows. The day that Pokemon is gone is the day that we would be stuck with the Pokemon wannabes.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

jump

Artwark wrote:

the fact that the first Pokemon game had replay value

I've asked you this before and you've dodged it but have you ever actually played the orginal Poke-games? They really aren't that replayable and the way you talk about them doesn't seem like you have played them either.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

KO-Cub

They're more something you genuinely comeback to and finish in a weekend or so.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Socar

Ok I just about had it with mobile gaming. I'm negative about it a lot and I fear for the worst of the gaming industry.

To those of you who love mobile gaming, good for you. You certainly love mobiles a lot more than other gamers who would prefer either PC or console gaming. But to us that want PC and Console gaming (including dedicated handheld game consoles like DS) we fear that this mobile gaming is going to push away the console market forcing us to use virtual d pads, touch screens, gyro functions and the ridiculous microtransactions that even AAA games are starting to implement (Want proof? Check out Halo 5 and Tomb Raider!)

Nintendo is now being forced to push their products to mobile. Nearly every developer is now motivated to move over mobile. And you might say that that's the trend but the problem is that majority of the times, mobile gaming just fails for good reasons and when it does make profit, its done for wrong reasons.

I've gotten Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy Tactics on Android and while Tactics is tolerable to play on the phone, the former isn't because it requires internet to play it. I call that BS! And even Tactics suffers from the interface menus being clogged and sometimes unnecessarily not to mention the occasional crashing.

And fine, you want to defend mobile gaming, fine because I'm confident that you can find and send me millions of games that are worth checking out. But this bring out another issue as the competition in mobile is far worse than consoles.

To make your game on mobile great, you like need to figure out how to compete with other million users! In consoles, no problem. Just announce your game in E3, develop hype by constantly revealing more game footage and you're done. Now if this really does happen in mobile and that if many seem to be easily aware of it, then why do these developers fall faster than the others? Can you honestly say that Activision Blizzard did a smart move buying King for 5.9 Billion Dollars?

So.....that's all I have to rant about and obviously, this is going to anger some users here who adore mobile. But just know that unless Mobile can be better than it is now and unless its possible for us dedicated gamers to play the games on mobile and like them, I don't want to see the console market crash because of this.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic