Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 3,321 to 3,340 of 12,088

Whydoievenbother

I wish Black Mage was Smash DLC instead of Cloud. He makes more sense and we have enough sword-wielding characters already.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Socar

@DarthNocturnal: Easy development? What about back then when technical limitations forced developers to be creative? What happen to limited power that still encouraged devs to release games on the system?

Today, devs like SEGA and Capcom are moving to mobile because of it being to easy to make on phone rather than consoles.

No point of making powerful hardware when you have PC and mobile that gets everyone's cash in hand.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Whydoievenbother

Artwark wrote:

I hate third parties. The fact that they force Nintendo to make their system powerful and affordable so that they will make games for them and yet they end up not making quality games majority of the times.

That's done so that porting games is easier. Porting a game to an inferior console can be an absolute nightmare. Most of the time, you have to send it off to some outsource company and cross your fingers that they don't ruin the game.

Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Whydoievenbother

Artwark wrote:

@DarthNocturnal: Easy development? What about back then when technical limitations forced developers to be creative? What happen to limited power that still encouraged devs to release games on the system?

Today, devs like SEGA and Capcom are moving to mobile because of it being to easy to make on phone rather than consoles.

No point of making powerful hardware when you have PC and mobile that gets everyone's cash in hand.

He's not trying to suggest making game development ridiculously easy. He's trying to suggest making porting games to other consoles easier. Also, if you want the world to be what it was in the 90s,That was back then, and this is now.

Edited on by Whydoievenbother

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Whydoievenbother

ThePirateCaptain wrote:

MrMario02 wrote:

Why is it that AAA games and Indie games have to be separate entities (In terms of "indie has innovation, AAA has the budget")? And no, big-name companies can in fact, afford to make innovative games with their massive budget. Big games have had big innovative and artistic achievements before, and can do it again. Just look at games like The Last of Us, Portal 1 and 2, and Spec Ops: The Line. Innovative games with massive budgets.

Umm, how is The Last of Us innovative? Sure it supposedly has a great story, but the actual gameplay and setting is pretty generic. The same could be said about Spec Ops as well, but I give it slightly more slack since the story is something not many other games have done.

Innovation doesn't have to be gameplay-based. Innovation can occur in storytelling and presentation just as it can in gameplay.

Edited on by Whydoievenbother

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Ralizah

I'm not terribly excited about Cloud being in SSB. While FF7 is one of my all-time favorite games, Cloud is probably my least favorite character in it. I'd much rather see Tifa, Aerith, Vincent, Barrett, Cait Sith, Yuffie, Red XIII, etc. be included instead. I understand why he was chosen, however, given that is one of the most iconic JRPG characters of all time.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Megas75

The idea that adding someone like Cloud and any other of the 3rd parties they've added in the series somehow "devalues the IP" is one of the most ludicrous and asinine statements I've ever heard from the Smash Bros fandom.

Personally I'm getting sick of the whole "NINTENDO ONRY!", "MUH PURITY", "MUH INTEGRITEE" mentality elitist Nintendo fans constantly display whenever it comes to 3rd parties and Smash. Smash is still mainly a Nintendo franchise, but it's obvious since Snake's and Sonic's inclusion in Brawl that Sakurai's wanted to go beyond the horizon and do things people would never expect, especially after saying he wants to turn Sm4sh into "The Greatest Character Game Ever", and it's obvious he's sticking to it's word. It's not like the 3rd party characters they've included so far are a bunch of no-name, obscure characters from some Japanese dating sim only the most hardcore of hardcore Nintendo fans will know about, every single one introduced have some of the biggest icons in gaming, from big name franchises of the biggest companies in Japan. Hell bring back Snake and we'll have Nintendo, Sega, Namco, Capcom, Square, and Konami under one belt. That thought is insane, and something I would've never imagined happening in my life, and it's already insane as is

It's obvious that Smash is no longer a celebration of Nintendo's history, instead it's become a celebration of gaming as a whole. Period

Edited on by Megas75

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

shaneoh

Megas75 wrote:

The idea that adding someone like Cloud and any other of the 3rd parties they've added in the series somehow "devalues the IP" is one of the most ludicrous and asinine statements I've ever heard from the Smash Bros fandom.

I just think that Final Fantasy and Street Fighter are overrated and there are better IPs to draw from

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

kkslider5552000

Quality has no relevance considering Ice Climbers were in Melee despite Ice Climber being garbage.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Hendesu

Let's not be offensive
~Santa

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

CaviarMeths

I only just realized that Hendesu is NightmareEater.

The world makes sense again.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

-Green-

SpookyMeths wrote:

I don't even need to look at the avatar or name to know it's him.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Hendesu

SpookyMeths wrote:

You haven't noticed it?

Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

CaviarMeths

Hendesu wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

You haven't noticed it?

To be fair, this long-winded rant about stuff and the other one about "SJWs" were only the second and third of your posts that I've actually read and this was the one that prompted me to look up your posting history to figure out wtf your damage is.

Please stop changing your name/avatar so that it's easier to keep track of people not worth giving attention to.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

TsunamiSensei

Changing of content to fit the region, or "censorship" isn't all that bad. People may rant about preserving the integrity of the original work, but, the changes made in works to fit their demographics make each version a unique experience. Yeah, some of the changes may be dumb, but as a whole, they tend to make sense. I guess I'm an uncultured American for having this opinion, and all pure Japanese works are superior, no matter what, but what do I know? Only the right opinion is allowed on the internet.

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

Hendesu

SpookyMeths wrote:

Hendesu wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

You haven't noticed it?

To be fair, this long-winded rant about "stuff" and the other one about "SJWs" were only the second and third of your posts that I've actually read and this was the one that prompted me to look up your posting history to figure out wtf your damage is.

Please stop changing your name/avatar so that it's easier to keep track of people not worth giving attention to.

Thanks for the advice.

[Started 10/31/15]

AceDefective

TsunamiSensei wrote:

Changing of content to fit the region, or "censorship" isn't all that bad. People may rant about preserving the integrity of the original work, but, the changes made in works to fit their demographics make each version a unique experience. Yeah, some of the changes may be dumb, but as a whole, they tend to make sense. I guess I'm an uncultured American for having this opinion, and all pure Japanese works are superior, no matter what, but what do I know? Only the right opinion is allowed on the internet.

I feel like people would complain less about censorship (because that is honestly what it is) if the option to enjoy the original version would be easily present rather than a hassle. Even then, appealing to certain sensibilities is always a slippery slope. Removing the breast size meter in Xenoblade Chronicles X was definitely the final straw for some people since customizing breast size is a very integral part of character design.

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

Megas75

I think it's funnier in hindsight because for some reason they think adding guys like Cloud, Snake and Ryu is somehow damaging to the series' "integrity", yet they're perfectly happy with having a hundred more Sonic characters whenever you see them post "fanmade rosters"

Edited on by Megas75

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

The-NX

@Megas75:
WAIT! SONIC IS NOT A NINTENDO FRANCHISE! WHAT?
[Sarcasm...]

The-NX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic