Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 3,281 to 3,300 of 12,088

Whydoievenbother

Artwark wrote:

@MrMario02: Not true at all.

The DS also has hardcore games. the purpose of the DS was to motivate non gamers into games which Nintendo successfully did.

you mean games like NSMB, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, Metroid Prime Hunters, Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: March of the Minis, WarioWare Touched! and Mario Kart DS? Sorry, but aside from the FE remakes and the 2 Dementium games, there aren't very many hardcore games on the system.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

-Godot

MrMario02 wrote:

Artwark wrote:

The DS also has hardcore games. the purpose of the DS was to motivate non gamers into games which Nintendo successfully did.

you mean games like NSMB, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, Metroid Prime Hunters, Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: March of the Minis, WarioWare Touched! and Mario Kart DS? Sorry, but aside from the FE remakes and the 2 Dementium games, there aren't very many hardcore games on the system.

Really now...
GTA: Chinatown Wars
Chrono Trigger
Advance Wars Dual Strike & Days of Ruin
All three Castlevanias
The World Ends With You
A crapload of Dragon Quest games
Might and Magic
Radiant Historia
Multiple Final Fantasy games
3 Shin Megami Tenseis
3 Etrian Odysseys
Disgaea DS
Lunar Knights
Dawn of Discovery
Trauma Center 1 and 2
5 Ace Attorney games
Hotel Dusk
Ghost Trick
Multiple Mega Man games
Suikoden Tierkreis
I'd keep on going, but I don't think I really have to.

Currently bored (while change when I stop being bored)

Socar

@-Godot: Yeah I don't get that either. I mean considering the fact that Nintendo products with the exception of Virtual Boy, Wii U, Gamecube and N64 have sold huge, I fail to understand how many would believe that the DS and Wii were the ones that catered to the casual audience when in reality, games like Tetris and Kirby as well as Pokemon were also involved in this.

I guess the reason why I stated that is because its probably the only time that people will remember the DS and Wii as catering it to the wider demographic and not the systems from the past even though they also do the same.

@MrMario02: Mass Attack would like to have a word with you. Also, this is coming from one of the comments that tell me that I hate third parties and yet when the DS had a huge chunk of games made by third parties, you seem narrow minded on that.

But if you're talking about hardcore Nintendo games, Mass Attack is one. Plus there's Star Fox, DK: Jungle Climber, Rhythm Heaven man the list goes on.... and you forgot Advance Wars which I never played but I know that its definitely challenging (notice how I avoided the word "hardcore" there.)

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Kyloctopus

I hate when people say they "hate" Pac Man's Ghostly Adventures design and hail the Pac Man World design. The only worthwhile difference are their eyes! It:s one thing to have a preference. A complete other to say it's "garbage". Or something along those lines. I even remember one idiot saying the Ghostly Adventures design makes him look like a pedophile! I'm not sure how Pac Man can resemble a pedophile, but some people are really stuck up to think that.

I have no issue with IGN's reviews. They're just differing opinions that are typically justified in one way or another. What should change is people:s outlooks on video game reviews. It shouldn't be an article to satisfy fans to buy a game they already pre ordered. It's just a summary of what to expect.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Kyloctopus

Santa wrote:

Artwark wrote:

The purpose of the DS was to make money, like every other product.

Wait? I never knew I could use my DS to make money. I just used it to play games!

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

Artwark wrote:

MrMario02: Not true at all.

Yup, you got it right exactly. DS was marketed towards a new, casual audience of course, but it was also made to appeal to Nintendo's core market as well. Iwata's "blue ocean" strategy was all about that. Retaining their loyal fanbase while expanding their audience into a huge, untapped market.

To be more broad, pretty much every 100 million+ seller has done this. The PS2 was a phenomenal success as well for a lot of the same reasons that the Wii and DS were. Huge audience retention from previous machine, plus marketing specifically directed at people who didn't typically buy consoles. Soccer moms were buying the Wii to play bowling. 5 years earlier, they were buying PS2s to watch DVDs.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Whydoievenbother

Artwark wrote:

@-Godot: Yeah I don't get that either. I mean considering the fact that Nintendo products with the exception of Virtual Boy, Wii U, Gamecube and N64 have sold huge, I fail to understand how many would believe that the DS and Wii were the ones that catered to the casual audience when in reality, games like Tetris and Kirby as well as Pokemon were also involved in this.

I guess the reason why I stated that is because its probably the only time that people will remember the DS and Wii as catering it to the wider demographic and not the systems from the past even though they also do the same.

@MrMario02: Mass Attack would like to have a word with you. Also, this is coming from one of the comments that tell me that I hate third parties and yet when the DS had a huge chunk of games made by third parties, you seem narrow minded on that.

But if you're talking about hardcore Nintendo games, Mass Attack is one. Plus there's Star Fox, DK: Jungle Climber, Rhythm Heaven man the list goes on.... and you forgot Advance Wars which I never played but I know that its definitely challenging (notice how I avoided the word "hardcore" there.)

When did I ever say that you hate 3rd parties? I never said that at all. But still, I get your point. The Ds had some seriously hardcore games (now that I think about it, what even is a hardcore game?).

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

CaviarMeths

MrMario02 wrote:

(now that I think about it, what even is a hardcore game?).

Untitled

Untitled

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Socar

@SpookyMeths: I'd argue that if the PS2 didn't have DVD, it wouldn't sell that huge compared to the DS. Same can be said about the DS that it didn't have internet until DSI showed up.

I feel as though many mistake graphics and visuals. Graphics is more like rendering the visuals and visuals is how the game looks. You can't blame poor graphics when the game looks good and likewise for the opposite.

GammaNoises

In my opinion I believe the Playstation 4 + Xbox One are over-generalised overrated set top boxes with a software library too thin to warrant a $400-$500 purchase; If I were to purchase either or both, It would be for Bloodborne + Horizon: Zero Dawn, and/or Sunset Overdrive + Scalebound, & even then I'd only pay up to a hundred bucks for either console.

Most worthless console generation right now from the major parties, the way I see it.

GammaNoises

GamecubeMan

Kyloctopus wrote:

I hate when people say they "hate" Pac Man's Ghostly Adventures design and hail the Pac Man World design. The only worthwhile difference are their eyes! It:s one thing to have a preference. A complete other to say it's "garbage". Or something along those lines. I even remember one idiot saying the Ghostly Adventures design makes him look like a pedophile! I'm not sure how Pac Man can resemble a pedophile, but some people are really stuck up to think that.

I have no issue with IGN's reviews. They're just differing opinions that are typically justified in one way or another. What should change is people:s outlooks on video game reviews. It shouldn't be an article to satisfy fans to buy a game they already pre ordered. It's just a summary of what to expect.

A lot of popular review sites have started to follow this generic way of reviewing games. They talk about the flaws and the good things about a game and then slap a number on it. It comes off as if they are writing a list. Very uncreative and unexpressive which betrays everything writing should be about.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Freeon-Leon

@Artwark: You know? I hadn't thought about it before. PS2 had the DVD feature wich I'm pretty sure it helped to move some units, whereas the DS was only a gaming machine. That's very impressive.

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

CaviarMeths

DS took off with sales with the release of Brain Age, which was a smartphone game before smartphone games were a thing.

Socar

@Freeon-Leon: Which is why I want it to beat the PS2 sales because many claim that handheld game consoles are the same as game consoles when they are not. If it beated PS2, my fanboy life would be fulfilled..... but I know that can't happen....can it?

Aviator

SuperWiiU wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

MrMario02 wrote:

(now that I think about it, what even is a hardcore game?).

Untitled

Untitled

Those two look more like softcore.

It starts as softcore but after some tapping and rubbing ends up hardcore.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

CaviarMeths

Freeon-Leon wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

DS took off with sales with the release of Brain Age, which was a smartphone game before smartphone games were a thing.

Still a game.

It's a game that my 58 year old mother who never bought a console before has.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic