Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 2,981 to 3,000 of 12,088

Socar

@Tubalcain: Because you don't see companies like Nintendo doing much to them.....its all 3D most of the time.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Tubalcain

@Artwark: so just because Nintendo is not doing it means that its dying? What kind of conclusion is that? So all the hundred or thousand of pixel art games by other companies doesnt count because they are not Nintendo or any other big company? I know this is the unpopular opinion thread by but WTH man???

Tubalcain

NintendoFan64

@Tubalcain I THINK (or at least HOPE) that he's referring to some of the bigger companies out there. Most pixel-art games I see are from indie developers. Still, pixel-art games are in no way dying.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Tubalcain

@NintendoFan64: yeah i kanda realized that mid way thats why i added "or any other big company". His proposition is just way out there.

Tubalcain

Socar

@Tubalcain: Didn't I just say companies like Nintendo as means of saying not just Nintendo alone?

Tubalcain

@Artwark: read my comment again, i said or any other big companies. anyway here is your thesis in a nut shell: because Nintedo or ANY OTHER BIG COMPANIES are not making pixel art games means that it is therefor dying. basically you deem all other mid or indie companies as irrelevant despite the fact that they produce substantial numbers of pixel art games. Dont you find that fallacious? Pixel art was jactually booming in the past couple of years to the point that many were actually sick of the art style. Can i ask, why do you think pixel art games produced by indie companies doesn't count? How is it dying when its a popular design for indie games today?

Tubalcain

Whydoievenbother

@CaviarMeths: But
1. Consoles are becoming more expensive
2. More developers are moving to mobile
3. PC gaming is increasing in popularity

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Jaz007

@MrMario02: The PS4 is exploding right now (and has been since launch) and shows no signs of slowing down though. The XBO is also doing well. The only console maker having trouble is Nintendo, but they stopped affecting the core (console) gaming market in a significant way years ago.

Jaz007

CaviarMeths

MrMario02 wrote:

CaviarMeths: But
1. Consoles are becoming more expensive
2. More developers are moving to mobile
3. PC gaming is increasing in popularity

But
1. Consoles have not changed significantly in price since 1985 when accounting for average income and inflation. The PS1 cost $300 at launch, equivalent to about $450 today. The difference is that consoles used to bottom out in price near the end of their life, which is why the PS2 sold another 50 million units after the PS3 launched. You could get one for very cheap. Still can. The PS3 and Xbox 360, so far, have not dropped significantly in price since 2009.

2. More Japanese developers are moving to mobile. And most of the major companies doing that are diversifying, not leaving dedicated hardware development altogether. Major publishers like Capcom, Square Enix, and Namco are all making mobile games, but they're also all still making console games. Sega is focusing more on mobile and PC in the future, but that's a company that's been limping along for ages anyway. And we all know what's up with Konami.

3. PC gaming is always increasing in popularity, but this doesn't necessarily mean consumers are switching. It means that the market for video games is growing. Smartphone games have also exploded in popularity over the last few years. But it's not that people are trading in their consoles for PCs. Sure, that's happening, but it's mostly new consumers entering the market.

Console gaming isn't going anywhere, but what we traditionally define as a console may change.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

DefHalan

shaneoh wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

There have been thousands of pixel art games released in the past few years. I would rather see hand drawn art in more games. Pixel Art has a certain look and feel to it but it feels really cheap to me.

Bit off topic, but how good does Cuphead look?

I love the way it looks, now I just need to learn how it plays

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Whydoievenbother

@CaviarMeths:
1. The PS1 costed $200
2. Microsoft and EA are doing it too.
3. Okay, that part about PCs makes some sense.
4. There are a few issues that I forgot to mention
4.1 There have been quite a few high profile games recieving mixed to negative reviews on the console side recently (Godzilla, Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric, The Order 1886 and Mad Max to name a few)
4.2 There have been many botched video game launches on console recently (for example Halo: The Master Chief Collection and Driveclub).

Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

shaneoh

MrMario02 wrote:

4.1 There have been quite a few high profile games recieving mixed to negative reviews on the console side recently (Godzilla, Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric, The Order 1886 and Mad Max to name a few)

Haven't played The Order, but are poor reviews for the other three all that surprising? Mad Max and Godzilla are based off movie licenses, which these days means that they aren't likely to be all that great, and sonic has been on a steady decline for years

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

DefHalan

Speaking of high profile games receiving bad reviews, how was Destiny not mentioned?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Jaz007

Godzilla was a high profile game? When did that happen? Games like The Order have happened before. Heck, high profile games never always got universally praised. Mad Max isn't even getting bad reviews either, it's getting mixed reviews. That type of incodent also always happened. Oh, and who actually expected Wii U Sonic games to get better all of a sudde? When Naughty Dog games, Halo, Elder Scrolls, GTA, Bioshock, Etc. start getting mostly bad review, then you might have a point.

Jaz007

Socar

Azran Legacy is the weakest in the entire professor layton series. While I haven't 100% the game, I did beat the main game and I gotta say, the story is bland and its even worse than Diabolical Box. Atleast the latter only had one thing that was odd where the rest of the story was fine and the gameplay was better than Curious Village. The former? Not even better than Miracle Mask! Its just a copy paste of all the puzzles in the previous games and there are only few of them that stand out.

Still, atleast I can now say that I have gotten all the series except for the movie. And the professor may end up like Sonic that he was known for his glory days and now, he means nothing....... I'm gonna miss him.

Whydoievenbother

The supposed "casual games are killing games" argument is at best an explanation of a problem that can easily be solved and at worst fanboy whining.

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Rexcalibr

Splatoon is only fun when you're winning. The constant tug of war in the rank is one of the most frustrating things in gaming.

Rexcalibr

LyIa

Rexcalibr wrote:

Splatoon is only fun when you're winning. The constant tug of war in the rank is one of the most frustrating things in gaming.

This gave me a chuckle, because you could replace "Splatoon" with "League of Legends" and it'd be one of the most popular opinions in the gaming community.

all men are kings 👑

TheKingOfTown

Rexcalibr wrote:

Splatoon is only fun when you're winning.

That can apply to most games tbh

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

brandonbwii

Games lack diversity. It's dominated almost completely by strong white male characters while often times women are considered weak and blacks and other cultures usually are considered savages, wisecrack without any significance, or just die early and homosexuals are joke characters mostly. Sure these same complaints can be said about Hollywood but it's even stronger in the game industry.

Edited on by brandonbwii

Facebook: bbworks club
Twitter: @bbworks_club
Instagram: bbworks club

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadBrowne

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic